d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > My Belgium Your England
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 11 2020 02:00pm
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 11 2020 07:43pm)
I've seen more creativity in a 3 year old's finger painting on a blank A4 than a midfield of Rice and Henderson.

Belgium should have put the game to bed in the 1st half. We were outclassed - I'm still not convinced by England under Southgate. With Italy, Spain and Germany being average over the last few years, we should really be going to win the Euros, especially with 3 world class forwards in Kane, Sterling and Sancho. None of this 'we're a young team' excuse that is wheeled out every time we get embarrassed in a tournament.
Two defensive midfielders is bit of an overkill especially in a back 5 :lol:

Think the Netherlands game in Nations League broke Southgate, England haven't really been good to watch since then.
Gold: 3.33
Oct 14 2020 03:32pm
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 11 2020 07:04pm)
Are England the new unofficial world champions? b)

This post aged well...
Banned
Oct 15 2020 01:56am
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 14 2020 10:32pm)
This post aged well...
:lol:

Whisper it quietly but Southgate is quickly losing all the goodwill gained from pre and WC 2018, like why tf are you playing 5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders in front of them at home against bloody Denmark -_-
Oct 15 2020 05:58am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 15 2020 08:56am)
:lol:

Whisper it quietly but Southgate is quickly losing all the goodwill gained from pre and WC 2018, like why tf are you playing 5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders in front of them at home against bloody Denmark -_-

I thought the midfield was good and has improved from the World Cup - I definitely prefer Rice and Phillips over Lingard and Alli as CMs.

If I was Southgate I'd be trying to move to a 4-3-3 with a Maguire - Gomez partnership at the back, but they're both in poor form so I get why he hasn't.

With every player in form, I'd be tempted to play something like:

Pickford
TAA Gomez Maguire Chilwell
Rice
Henderson Grealish
Sancho Kane Sterling

I think he's quite conservative though so wouldn't go with a team that attacking. He prefers Walker and James over Trent too
Banned
Oct 15 2020 06:09am
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 15 2020 12:58pm)
I thought the midfield was good and has improved from the World Cup - I definitely prefer Rice and Phillips over Lingard and Alli as CMs.

If I was Southgate I'd be trying to move to a 4-3-3 with a Maguire - Gomez partnership at the back, but they're both in poor form so I get why he hasn't.

With every player in form, I'd be tempted to play something like:
Pickford
TAA Gomez Maguire Chilwell
Rice
Henderson Grealish
Sancho Kane Sterling

I think he's quite conservative though so wouldn't go with a team that attacking. He prefers Walker and James over Trent too
The selection was definitely too defensive considering the opponent and set up of the back line, it's Denmark, not France or Brazil :lol:

433 is definitely the way to go and England has players suited to this formation, I definitely wouldn't have Pickford anywhere near the starting line up though, Rashford has completely gone off the boil as well unfortunately.
Oct 15 2020 06:16am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 15 2020 01:09pm)
The selection was definitely too defensive considering the opponent and set up of the back line, it's Denmark, not France or Brazil :lol:

433 is definitely the way to go and England has players suited to this formation, I definitely wouldn't have Pickford anywhere near the starting line up though, Rashford has completely gone off the boil as well unfortunately.

Yeah I don't rate Rashford very highly, same with Pickford but he has been pretty solid for England. Pope makes errors too and Henderson is benched by De Gea who has been past it for a few years
Banned
Oct 15 2020 06:22am
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 15 2020 01:16pm)
Yeah I don't rate Rashford very highly, same with Pickford but he has been pretty solid for England. Pope makes errors too and Henderson is benched by De Gea who has been past it for a few years
Pope was picked in the Prem team of the year last season, for that alone he deserves a chance.

Even Ancelotti doesn't rate Pickford, Everton were begging Woodward to loan them Romero.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2020 06:46am
Shame that waste of space de gea is robbing Henderson of his spot. If he's starting for utd every week he's easily England's current number 1. Only reason pope isn't in front of pickford too is because he plays for Burnley. Both massively better keepers than that donkey. Only goalie in the prem that can do dumb shit every week for club or country and still start for both.
Banned
Oct 15 2020 08:09am
Quote (WNxIrvine @ Oct 15 2020 01:46pm)
Shame that waste of space de gea is robbing Henderson of his spot. If he's starting for utd every week he's easily England's current number 1. Only reason pope isn't in front of pickford too is because he plays for Burnley. Both massively better keepers than that donkey. Only goalie in the prem that can do dumb shit every week for club or country and still start for both.
There's one thing being first choice goalkeeper for Shieffield United where people only ever see you make a couple of ordinary saves in a dreary 0:0 on the last game on MOTD and another for Manchester United where your every intervention is analysed and slightest slip up magnified, especially when you were the best in the world at your position for a number of years as few things give petty footbal fans as much pleasure as tearing down someone at the very top of his game.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2020 11:09am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 15 2020 03:09pm)
There's one thing being first choice goalkeeper for Shieffield United where people only ever see you make a couple of ordinary saves in a dreary 0:0 on the last game on MOTD and another for Manchester United where your every intervention is analysed and slightest slip up magnified, especially when you were the best in the world at your position for a number of years as few things give petty footbal fans as much pleasure as tearing down someone at the very top of his game.

Indeed, and whether Henderson would be able to handle the pressure of being utd's number 1 is the key point of debate. But...

Pretty much slaps De Gea in all stats that matter, at the baby age (for a goalie) of 23.

Why not give him the shot when de gea's been pretty crap. He won't reach peak sat on the bench, that's for sure.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll