d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Tests Positive For Covid
Prev151525354Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,161.71
Oct 8 2020 12:02am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Oct 8 2020 12:43am)
Yeah, that worked great. So I heard that a very different way than you did. I may have to listen to it a couple more times for a better evaluation. But how that hit me was that he evaluated a 4 point plan, in order of what needed done:

1. PPP
2. Airlines
3. Schools
4. $1200 stimulus 2nd round.

He repeated them, in order, as though they're in rank of importance. And it sounded (to me) as though those 4 would be A piecemeal plan. As in, not an overreaching Covid Relief omnibus bill, just a 4 point bill.

I honestly forgot about schools, been out of college for a long time, let alone primary schools. But hearing they have in excess of 100b reserved for reopening them... Yeah, that's big. I like what he had to say. Dunno that I heard it the way you did, and the emphasis was definitely first and foremost on PPP. But he definitely put a lot more importance on bailing out the airlines, which I still disagree with, but hey, that's politics, right? ;)

I forgot about schools when I listened to this also

No I think we heard it the same, perhaps disagreeing on some semantics The thing is all this money all comes from the same source. Whether congress already allocated it or not it’s still going to come out of the treasury. The idea that there is still 135billion remaining PPP for small businesses is quite honestly absurd. 1 in 6 small businesses in the US have already closed. What are we waiting for exactly? And the extra 25billion being referenced for airlines, this has to be implied new 25 billion becaus they already got 25 in march. Unless they are proposing diverting 25 billion of PPP designated for small business and giving that to airlines, which is more ludicrous than just giving them an additional 25 billion. Looks good on paper I suppose, but disgusting when you think about it. Regardless it’s clear airlines will be getting more aid, just a matter of when. Will be a 500 point day for the dow

$1200 additional month is a political statement and nothing more, bandaid on an arm that is in the process of falling off. Yes you need some bandaids , you also need a hell of a lot more. Of the Only 32% of Americans that even have a 401k, 50% of them needed to make early withdrawals. What does this say for the Americans that don’t even have one

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 8 2020 12:09am
Gold: 6,376.70
Oct 8 2020 12:16am
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 7 2020 11:02pm)
I forgot about schools when I listened to this also

No I think we heard it the same, perhaps disagreeing on some semantics The thing is all this money all comes from the same source. Whether congress already allocated it or not it’s still going to come out of the treasury. The idea that there is still 135billion remaining PPP for small businesses is quite honestly absurd. 1 in 6 small businesses in the US have already closed. What are we waiting for exactly? And the extra 25billion being referenced for airlines, this has to be implied new 25 billion becaus they already got 25 in march. Unless they are proposing diverting 25 billion of PPP designated for small business and giving that to airlines, which is more ludicrous than just giving them an additional 25 billion. Looks good on paper I suppose, but disgusting when you think about it

$1200 additional month is a political statement and nothing more, bandaid on an arm that is in the process of falling off. Yes you need some bandaids , you also need a hell of a lot more. Of the Only 32% of Americans that even have a 401k, 50% of them needed to make early withdrawals. What does this say for the Americans that don’t even have one

To be fair, it's a serious mistake to call $1200 a simple political statement. You can defer rent payments, utilities, any number of things. You can't defer food, toilet paper, and other such. With halfway decent budgeting, $1200 is the consumables/food budget for a couple for 6 months. If you add in a healthy helping of alcohol, maybe 4 months. For those who have been furloughed and denied any form of unemployment payout by their shitty state(s), and were living paycheck to paycheck, $1200 is huge.

Overall we need to open up. But that doesn't fall on the Administration. Trump didn't lock the states down. He only selectively suspended international travel. He's been pushing states to open back up. States which have done so have been doing great. States that've refused to do so have seen shit tighten up in an extreme. In many ways, ANY covid relief bill is nothing more than a political points game. If a bill goes through, Trump gets points for helping where the blue governors crushed them. If the bill doesn't get to Trump's desk, the finger can be pointed at the Dem-led house for not getting a bill to the senate. An airline bailout with no PPP/School/Stimulus is an obvious ploy to deflect responsibility from a failure of the house onto Trump. :D
Gold: 32,161.71
Oct 8 2020 08:24am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Oct 8 2020 01:16am)
To be fair, it's a serious mistake to call $1200 a simple political statement. You can defer rent payments, utilities, any number of things. You can't defer food, toilet paper, and other such. With halfway decent budgeting, $1200 is the consumables/food budget for a couple for 6 months. If you add in a healthy helping of alcohol, maybe 4 months. For those who have been furloughed and denied any form of unemployment payout by their shitty state(s), and were living paycheck to paycheck, $1200 is huge.

Overall we need to open up. But that doesn't fall on the Administration. Trump didn't lock the states down. He only selectively suspended international travel. He's been pushing states to open back up. States which have done so have been doing great. States that've refused to do so have seen shit tighten up in an extreme. In many ways, ANY covid relief bill is nothing more than a political points game. If a bill goes through, Trump gets points for helping where the blue governors crushed them. If the bill doesn't get to Trump's desk, the finger can be pointed at the Dem-led house for not getting a bill to the senate. An airline bailout with no PPP/School/Stimulus is an obvious ploy to deflect responsibility from a failure of the house onto Trump. :D

We disagree on 2nd paragraph so we can just agree to disagree. I agree it will be spun politically by both sides which is why there are so many contested seats now than there ever thought was going to be. Nobody would have thought of Ernst or graham losing a year ago.

First paragraph I mean I obviously agree, aid is better than no aid. However this will not help by rents or mortgages. Won’t help people pulling from savings and retirements going forward. Won’t stop the flood of evictions that is upcoming. Won’t stop sector by sector collapse as supply chains continue to get pummeled and eventually banks. I don’t even want to talk about a stand alone banking bailout. When you have systemic closure and loss of jobs, you need systemic and organized compensation packages. We have the money. I would bet 99% of Americans regardless of where they are sitting on the socioeconomic spectrum favor meaningful compensation and sending our tax dollars for that purpose, to American households. Even If I am off by 20-30% it should have been a no brainer for Congress to achieve, but alas, ineptitude

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 8 2020 08:26am
Gold: 285.00
Oct 9 2020 05:41am
President has just been walking around coughing on people for days now lol.

Quote (Bazi @ Oct 8 2020 10:24am)
We disagree on 2nd paragraph so we can just agree to disagree. I agree it will be spun politically by both sides which is why there are so many contested seats now than there ever thought was going to be. Nobody would have thought of Ernst or graham losing a year ago.

First paragraph I mean I obviously agree, aid is better than no aid. However this will not help by rents or mortgages. Won’t help people pulling from savings and retirements going forward. Won’t stop the flood of evictions that is upcoming. Won’t stop sector by sector collapse as supply chains continue to get pummeled and eventually banks. I don’t even want to talk about a stand alone banking bailout. When you have systemic closure and loss of jobs, you need systemic and organized compensation packages. We have the money. I would bet 99% of Americans regardless of where they are sitting on the socioeconomic spectrum favor meaningful compensation and sending our tax dollars for that purpose, to American households. Even If I am off by 20-30% it should have been a no brainer for Congress to achieve, but alas, ineptitude

Was definitely a bandaid on a cancer.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 9 2020 05:42am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 9 2020 03:44pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 9 2020 05:02pm
Quote (fender @ 9 Oct 2020 23:44)

Isnt the black lady in the upper pic the infamous alien sperm doc?
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 9 2020 05:24pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 9 2020 07:02pm)
Isnt the black lady in the upper pic the infamous alien sperm doc?

Yes, Stella Immanuel. Don't forget that masks aren't necessary and hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug that will save you from COVID, cysts and endometriosis are caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches, alien DNA a is used in medical procedures, scientists are creating a vaccine against religion and the government is run by lizards, ahem sorry reptilians and other aliens.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Oct 9 2020 05:25pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 24 2020 02:49pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 7 2020 12:38pm)
Yea, that's fine.

You concede yet? I was planning on 3 weeks (it was Oct 6), we're at 2 & 1/2, and Trump seems to not even be sick anymore.
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 24 2020 06:53pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 24 2020 01:49pm)
You concede yet? I was planning on 3 weeks (it was Oct 6), we're at 2 & 1/2, and Trump seems to not even be sick anymore.

There could be long term implications but I don't think Endless wants to wait that long. He can win this one, especially since the odds were for immediate survival rate.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 24 2020 08:09pm
Quote (thundercock @ 24 Oct 2020 20:53)
There could be long term implications but I don't think Endless wants to wait that long. He can win this one, especially since the odds were for immediate survival rate.

lol!! if he dies at like 95 you'll claim it's covid-19 related and demand a refund ;)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev151525354Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll