d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion: Purchasable Training Gear From The Mp
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.19
Sep 25 2020 06:19pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 25 2020 08:17pm)
The heading is "EXAMPLE", basically it does NOT mean that Sword was the only viable weapon that you posted as an example.

Previous to that, I thought you meant that you only get 'usable' items from feeder to paladin' which implies that your example had a chance of using a Guardian because all 3 classes use Longswords & med to heavy armor.

Also, you did NOT mention that re-rolling would keep the item to level 55, I was under the impression that the training items being locked to character that it would roll back to Tier III. With your explanation now, if you passed to samurai, the sword, armor & charm would disappear @ 55 and give you a new set of items? Either way, if I still had 55 training gear and re-rolled instead of MQ'ing, I would re roll and use what I currently use and end up with better 55 gear.

Your idea needs work, I am not dissing the idea, I am fundamentally trying to show you what a person can do with it if it is implemented.

Like I posted on Page 2 in this thread, if you are wanting to help people starting in this game, then point them to the place where there is help and get a mod to re-activate them;

I allready do this .
And the. I post items pay a fee for posting items and they expire

So I paid fg for litierly nothing
Gold: 8,026.91
Sep 25 2020 06:20pm
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 25 2020 08:19pm)
I allready do this .

Item should be returned with no fee if they expire like wow auction house
Sep 25 2020 06:22pm
Quote (Pick @ Sep 25 2020 08:20pm)
Item should be returned with no fee if they expire like wow auction house

But it don’t so they rot
Gold: 8,888.89
Sep 25 2020 06:30pm
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 26 2020 12:19pm)
I allready do this .

I am lost here.

So you go to the thread, make a post in the thread that you have starter items and for anyone interested to contact you by PM to make arrangements for trade?

Then you get online, msg that person to make sure they are online at the same time, make a game he/she can join and chat there giving instructions on the MP and how to search for them right?

Then you make the trade and low and behold you have paid fees and the new person doesn't buy your item and you are stuck there paying the fee?

Is that the gist of how you end up with starter gear rotting?

I don't see how this happens unless the trade is done with people outside of your timezone and you trust them enough to put your items up on the MP and they don't buy them... ouch.
Sep 25 2020 06:48pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 25 2020 08:30pm)
I am lost here.

So you go to the thread, make a post in the thread that you have starter items and for anyone interested to contact you by PM to make arrangements for trade?

Then you get online, msg that person to make sure they are online at the same time, make a game he/she can join and chat there giving instructions on the MP and how to search for them right?

Then you make the trade and low and behold you have paid fees and the new person doesn't buy your item and you are stuck there paying the fee?

Is that the gist of how you end up with starter gear rotting?

I don't see how this happens unless the trade is done with people outside of your timezone and you trust them enough to put your items up on the MP and they don't buy them... ouch.

It don’t work like that

I’ll wait 4 months for some to say they want it
Not holding for that long

Games dead mp fea needs to mace at purchase. Not at post
Sep 25 2020 10:25pm
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 26 2020 12:48pm)
It don’t work like that

I’ll wait 4 months for some to say they want it
Not holding for that long

Games dead mp fea needs to mace at purchase. Not at post

Can understand, I have deleted items that were decent for starters like 50% (or more) EE charms, weapons, armors (TierIII) and higher tier items with EE / stat because no one is buying, I have tried to improve a set or two, but like my bufcore Int Robe I found, I sold it off because someone was interested in it.

Anyway... back on topic, if this was introduced, how long would it be before someone makes a

"Starter Training Gear Guide for Beginners"
Softcore Players Only.

This guide is to show you how to get your own set of gear with only using 920fg. You purchase #3, you get into a group run and;

Now you get to level 69 in a group and leave game, then you "Die Hunt for gear" by killing yourself repeatedly until your Experience bar is at the start again.

This seems boring right? Well you are not wrong, but you are in the level (I think 62+) bracket for chances of TierXIV (level 55) items to drop as well as all lower Tier items.

Now always check the "Events" thread for mods that can help improve with finding items, like +X% Drop rate, +X Well and other things... remember to always explore catacombs so you can kill off any EPs that spawn for better gear etc.

Since this has not been tested if a Ladder Resets when you are using "Training Gear" which you purchased, it should roll back to Tier III and all your MQ attempts as well... so you should be back to the of 5 MQ attempts even though you did not even do 1 of them. So you repeat and rinse again and continue hunting gear... also a good way to get your FG back and profit from it.

Well that is just a little idea of what could happen if the idea was introduced, so this issue would also have to be cleared up because I can easily just delete my bufcore character, make an SC one, pay the 920fg and just die hunt for gear and sell on MP because I don't need mules now since the Trainee Items go up in Tier levels as I climb.
Gold: 148,482.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2020 11:14pm
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 25 2020 05:45pm)
They should gain profs

Not be slowed
To be used passed 3’doormclases

Even if you go 3/3. You have seen the game and have decided if want to spend or not . GPS are status. They have zero value to a person if you are in a pure ls guild.

So U can’t reaally abuse the mq system with minimum invest in “ls gear “

It would be a great update in my opinion.

I know a lot of people in ee and ua will disagree but this suggestion is 100% for the growth of the game

Yeah either way would be fine with me. I definitely agree that this suggestion would help the game grow.

Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 25 2020 10:25pm)
Can understand, I have deleted items that were decent for starters like 50% (or more) EE charms, weapons, armors (TierIII) and higher tier items with EE / stat because no one is buying, I have tried to improve a set or two, but like my bufcore Int Robe I found, I sold it off because someone was interested in it.

Anyway... back on topic, if this was introduced, how long would it be before someone makes a

"Starter Training Gear Guide for Beginners"
Softcore Players Only.

This guide is to show you how to get your own set of gear with only using 920fg. You purchase #3, you get into a group run and;

Now you get to level 69 in a group and leave game, then you "Die Hunt for gear" by killing yourself repeatedly until your Experience bar is at the start again.

This seems boring right? Well you are not wrong, but you are in the level (I think 62+) bracket for chances of TierXIV (level 55) items to drop as well as all lower Tier items.

Now always check the "Events" thread for mods that can help improve with finding items, like +X% Drop rate, +X Well and other things... remember to always explore catacombs so you can kill off any EPs that spawn for better gear etc.

Since this has not been tested if a Ladder Resets when you are using "Training Gear" which you purchased, it should roll back to Tier III and all your MQ attempts as well... so you should be back to the of 5 MQ attempts even though you did not even do 1 of them. So you repeat and rinse again and continue hunting gear... also a good way to get your FG back and profit from it.

Well that is just a little idea of what could happen if the idea was introduced, so this issue would also have to be cleared up because I can easily just delete my bufcore character, make an SC one, pay the 920fg and just die hunt for gear and sell on MP because I don't need mules now since the Trainee Items go up in Tier levels as I climb.

Yeah I mentioned people could death farm. I don't see that as a big deal. If it brings people to the game that would be a success and what this suggestion aims to accomplish. Also, what's wrong with people finding some extra items. Having a few more wellables for sale or more mutables for the muters isn't bad and if they find a few godly items in the process that's a plus for everyone. You know, this is also very possible now and you're not really doing it. Other than being able to start immediately with the suggestion if you spend some time trying to get the equal quality MQ gear it's going to just run you a few hundred FG and then just have a bit of patience to get to that level and you're ready to death farm. It's possible now and no one is really doing it.

The solution to this would also be to degrade the weapon on death, but I don't foresee this being an issue since most people don't even enjoy exploring and having people finding items isn't really a negative.

Yeah if a ladder reset happens then it should reset the gear to T3 and not damage it otherwise it would be frustrating for the people who bought them. Yeah they'll get a few extra levels of play time with them, but once again not a big deal.

Yeah there were some oversights in the original suggestion, but that's also what the discussion is for. I appreciate the feedback, ty.

_________

Currently if someone decides to try out LS on a whim this is how it goes:
1. log on
2. make a char
3. see a group open
4. say "hi"
5. get asked if they have gear
6. say "no just starting"
7. get told that they should invest in gear before grouping up and get directed to the forums for gear
8. get told to buy some gear first then gets kicked to make room for someone else that oftentimes never comes so the group disbands in the end
9. check the forums
10. make topic
11. bump topic for a few days
12. lose interest without ever having played with others when they realize it's going to take forever to gather a full set.

With this suggestion:
1. log on
2. make char
3. see group
4. "hello im new"
5. get told that there's a pack they can buy on the MP from 290-930 FG to try out the game
6. buy pack that fits their budget
7. climb with a group that was missing a player
8. enjoys game and decides to continue playing or quits because they find it boring, but at least they were able to give it a chance

So in the first scenario the game never really had a chance. Obviously, it's very generalized, but it's not so far from the truth in mu opinion.

This post was edited by Arturo on Sep 25 2020 11:15pm
Gold: 57,182.26
Sep 25 2020 11:16pm
Y'all are missing the basic point
there are no new players
as a lurker who goes out of his way to help the oddballs,freaks and outcasts
I have personally dragged a handful of em kickin and screamin across the finish line
even when they are being paid for guild points- they dont stay-no way will they pay money or fg for these items

Sep 26 2020 12:34am
Quote (Arturo @ Sep 26 2020 05:14pm)
Yeah if a ladder reset happens then it should reset the gear to T3 and not damage it otherwise it would be frustrating for the people who bought them. Yeah they'll get a few extra levels of play time with them, but once again not a big deal.

Yeah there were some oversights in the original suggestion, but that's also what the discussion is for. I appreciate the feedback, ty.

_________

Currently if someone decides to try out LS on a whim this is how it goes:
1. log on
2. make a char
3. see a group open
4. say "hi"
5. get asked if they have gear
6. say "no just starting"
7. get told that they should invest in gear before grouping up and get directed to the forums for gear
8. get told to buy some gear first then gets kicked to make room for someone else that oftentimes never comes so the group disbands in the end
9. check the forums
10. make topic
11. bump topic for a few days
12. lose interest without ever having played with others when they realize it's going to take forever to gather a full set.

With this suggestion:
1. log on
2. make char
3. see group
4. "hello im new"
5. get told that there's a pack they can buy on the MP from 290-930 FG to try out the game
6. buy pack that fits their budget
7. climb with a group that was missing a player
8. enjoys game and decides to continue playing or quits because they find it boring, but at least they were able to give it a chance

So in the first scenario the game never really had a chance. Obviously, it's very generalized, but it's not so far from the truth in mu opinion.

Thanks, just putting out some things that could happen, I think my main point would be that I could do that as an old gamer and make fg from SC to get better gear from HC because SC prices are higher. Thus this could also make others do the same, which does not bring in new players etc.

The years I spent playing Softcore, was the same thing... you don't have gear, invest in gear and time before we allow you into a group climb. This was when the game was longer to MQ, harder and did not drop items as often. Now the game is easier / faster and more items drop and still the same thing continues. Personally I think the attitude of 1 hour MQs has increased this mentality of not running or helping out new players and discourages them from playing other than the game is not something they like.

I believe there are a few (very few) SC players that continue to help new people and maybe (big maybe) they will help newbies in a group and accept the run to be slower... just like I use to do on HC dragging up 2 new people in a 3 man group... even when they afk'd for 10 minutes, I still carried them, but they did say they were AFK for 5-10 mins. Was good to be able to heal them and kill mobs while they were afk and kick them to town if it got too hard.

I think the FG cost is a bit too high, and agree with another that the Tier goes up on the items, but maybe not the EE% ... but I think that also kills your idea.

What happens to the "Trainee" gear if you find something like a level 30 Sword with 120% EE and they swap the Trainee sword out? Does the Tier of the Trainee weapon continue to rise as the level of the character goes up while it is sitting in the inventory? I would think yes, but then it could just increase when re-equipped.
Gold: 54,383.61
Sep 26 2020 12:46am
Quote (DougMax @ Sep 25 2020 10:16pm)
Y'all are missing the basic point
there are no new players
as a lurker who goes out of his way to help the oddballs,freaks and outcasts
I have personally dragged a handful of em kickin and screamin across the finish line
even when they are being paid for guild points- they dont stay-no way will they pay money or fg for these items

I think this is more important to be addressed somehow. What changed to the game will make people more enticed to stick around!?

I think one of the biggest hurdles as a newcomer isn’t so much the knowledge that my starter gear or lvl 20 or lvl gear is painfully difficult to kill stuff with but that it’s sometimes more difficult to find items in the market or in the trade thread that’s strong enough to kill the mobs quick enough. Not to mention the constant disconnects every time you get close to finishing a map can be annoying. I agree that changes need to be made to help entice future players to stick around unfortunately I don’t think this suggestion will do it. The problem is for someone who doesn’t plan on learning the game and doesn’t care to play the market then this game can get super boring super quick
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll