d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion >
Poll > D4 Waste Of Money Should Be For D2 Remastered
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,275.00
Oct 12 2020 05:34pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Oct 12 2020 07:32pm)
that doesn't have anything to do with pay to win though

I just don't believe they will do that, the game will instantly die they aren't that stupid

they are.. they really are lol their mobile only version was their first attempt at pay to win - failed.. now hiring outside sources and trying it again blizzard has turned on their gamer base and treats us as nothing more than money bags in their eyes at this point
Gold: 1,253.69
Oct 12 2020 07:44pm
everyone who has posted here, please do yourselves a favor

Diablo 2 remaster incoming November 6th

look up Project Diablo 2, right now

you know what here... just click this...

https://www.projectdiablo2.com/

This post was edited by caswallen on Oct 12 2020 07:45pm
Gold: 217,561.33
Oct 12 2020 10:26pm
Quote (caswallen @ Oct 12 2020 06:44pm)
everyone who has posted here, please do yourselves a favor

Diablo 2 remaster incoming November 6th

look up Project Diablo 2, right now

you know what here... just click this...

https://www.projectdiablo2.com/

honestly.. don't care

after playing d2 for like 20+ years I want something new

if it had absolutely no hacks or anything I may give it a chance as a placeholder for a little

This post was edited by SlamFkingDunk on Oct 12 2020 10:26pm
Gold: 8,013.34
Oct 13 2020 01:20am
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ 13 Oct 2020 06:26)
honestly.. don't care

after playing d2 for like 20+ years I want something new

This, inuf of all the mods for D2... Median Xl, then Path of Diablo, now Project Diablo..
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 14 2020 05:31pm
can d4 be as good as d2? no
Gold: 1,875.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 14 2020 08:05pm
Quote (Kreda @ Oct 14 2020 06:31pm)
can d4 be as good as d2? no

Could POSSIBLY be better, but it won't.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 15 2020 05:53pm
Quote (Sangin @ Oct 14 2020 10:05pm)
Could POSSIBLY be better, but it won't.

maybe possible
Gold: 15.00
Oct 15 2020 07:07pm
Quote (IMPACTHVAC @ Sep 24 2020 12:55pm)
and re doing the graphics is all we want

There's a lot more to it than just that, even if I agree that a Diablo II remaster would probably be in Blizzard's best interest at this time.

The remastering of classic titles is becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and while they did do it for StarCraft, it's still genuinely surprising to see that they've shown no interest in doing it for Diablo II. (Though, it is understandable that SC was chosen for a remaster first, given that it had nearly triple the sales of Diablo II.)

While, yes, remastering the graphics would be a welcome addition, the game would need some significant balance changes, and enhancements to itemization. The people that frequent the Diablo forums here seem to have their nostalgia glasses glued on, so it's hard for most of them to understand that the game is not currently well-balanced. Classic, I would say, for the most part, is fine, but LoD, along with nearly every major update, threw the game's itemization into a severe state of imbalance. You can't convince me that +X to Stamina or Light Radius as modifiers to items, or high-end rune words like Enigma, or one-size-fits-most Shako, don't need serious adjustments (or that some of these offenders should just be removed completely). And what of the skill sets of some of the classes? The druid's summoning, the necromancer's curses? And individual skills? Blessed Hammer has dominated this game for nearly its entire lifetime.

Quote (SBD @ Sep 24 2020 09:10am)
If you had told me there will never be PVP in D3 I would have never bought a copy.

I didn't play D2 for the PvP, and it actually was not known as one of the reasons for its major success. I originally played D3 for the same reasons I got into D2 as a teen. (I don't play either, now.)

Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Sep 24 2020 03:47am)
they can do both. But a d2 remake won’t have free trade. Which kinda kills the experience. But it will be for the good of the community. The only angry people are those that seek to profit from the game.

There may be some truth to this. D2 was largely ruined by its overabundance of botters over-saturating the markets with any and all items in demand. I would miss having free trade, but the core gameplay itself will always be the main draw to this game.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 15 2020 07:17pm
Quote (WitchfinderGeneral @ Oct 15 2020 07:07pm)
There's a lot more to it than just that, even if I agree that a Diablo II remaster would probably be in Blizzard's best interest at this time.

The remastering of classic titles is becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and while they did do it for StarCraft, it's still genuinely surprising to see that they've shown no interest in doing it for Diablo II. (Though, it is understandable that SC was chosen for a remaster first, given that it had nearly triple the sales of Diablo II.)

While, yes, remastering the graphics would be a welcome addition, the game would need some significant balance changes, and enhancements to itemization. The people that frequent the Diablo forums here seem to have their nostalgia glasses glued on, so it's hard for most of them to understand that the game is not currently well-balanced. Classic, I would say, for the most part, is fine, but LoD, along with nearly every major update, threw the game's itemization into a severe state of imbalance. You can't convince me that +X to Stamina or Light Radius as modifiers to items, or high-end rune words like Enigma, or one-size-fits-most Shako, don't need serious adjustments (or that some of these offenders should just be removed completely). And what of the skill sets of some of the classes? The druid's summoning, the necromancer's curses? And individual skills? Blessed Hammer has dominated this game for nearly its entire lifetime.

I didn't play D2 for the PvP, and it actually was not known as one of the reasons for its major success. I originally played D3 for the same reasons I got into D2 as a teen. (I don't play either, now.)

There may be some truth to this. D2 was largely ruined by its overabundance of botters over-saturating the markets with any and all items in demand. I would miss having free trade, but the core gameplay itself will always be the main draw to this game.

PvP is absolutly one of the reasons for its success. Success has multiple metrics. One of them being longevity. Longevity of d2 is largely attributed to pvp. The initial sales of D2 may not have been but if your only metric is what drove initial sales by all accounts d3 was a major success.
Gold: 15.00
Oct 15 2020 07:27pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 15 2020 08:17pm)
PvP is absolutly one of the reasons for its success. Success has multiple metrics. One of them being longevity. Longevity of d2 is largely attributed to pvp. The initial sales of D2 may not have been but if your only metric is what drove initial sales by all accounts d3 was a major success.

Indeed, D3 was a major success, and there's no denial of that fact here. I'm on your side, though. D3 simply did not have the charm D2 did, and does, for multiple reasons.

Of course, I was definitely referring to the initial financial successes of the aforementioned titles. And you are right--There are multiple metrics involved. I do think D2 stayed alive longer thanks to PvP, but there's no questioning that a lot of the botters in the Trading Grounds are there just to build up Forum Gold (to hoard, or for migration to another game). This observation is helped by the fact that there are more bots visible in every lobby/game list than there are players seeking PvP exclusively (which isn't even including private games). It's a vicious cycle, too. Most PvP players don't want to run around with self-found/legitimately-traded items. Bots keep them going. It's hard to appreciate, at this point... which is why I haven't installed the game in years.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll