d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Track Star Upgrades
Prev13456715Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,241.98
Nov 21 2020 12:55pm
Quote (treezin @ Nov 21 2020 10:37am)
Leaning No. :mellow:

I believe the cons > pros.

I also believe it works well as is. To give an example if one of my guildmates posted something I may want to purchase it. If someone else is able to click faster than me because of a notification then they are able to take credit for it.

It's also my belief that this notification would break part of the cycle of free and competitive trading from forum gold to donor forum stuff. As somewhat mentioned before it may also hinder the ability to make friends or trusted with it. It could also break the cycle in the realistic nature of Patience and Virtue that comes along with a higher user account status here on d2jsp.org.

Well... Notification are used for a variety of things and as I continue to think about it I continue to see more cons than pros. Sorry Epiphany, it's turned into a solid no from me. If you want to challenge my opinion then :hail: .

Glhf with this site suggestion. :bonk: :)

This has nothing to do with the Donor Forum, Donating, and it doesn't change the process of star upgrade purchases in any way shape or form.

I posted a picture and everything... THIS is the page I am talking about: https://forums.d2jsp.org/tools.php?a=3&c=0
All I suggest is that we have the ability to track that part of the site just like we can track any other topic, sub-forum, and forum.

:unsure:
Gold: Locked
Nov 21 2020 01:21pm
I like idea

Anyways I didnt use this tool since 10 years lol
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Nov 21 2020 02:49pm
Quote (Epiphany @ 21 Nov 2020 10:55)
This has nothing to do with the Donor Forum, Donating, and it doesn't change the process of star upgrade purchases in any way shape or form.

I posted a picture and everything... THIS is the page I am talking about: https://forums.d2jsp.org/tools.php?a=3&c=0
All I suggest is that we have the ability to track that part of the site just like we can track any other topic, sub-forum, and forum.

Next tab over mentions $25 for donor forum screening...and I was talking about the same page as you... What I mentioned is my general experience with using that tool and how it may have been used in the past, especially when this site was being visiting by 10s of thousands a day. In order to properly change just the available stars you need to think about all the things that it may or may not affect.

Quote (Negan @ 21 Nov 2020 11:21)
I like idea

Anyways I didnt use this tool since 10 years lol

Would you use the tool again ? If so why? Why did you use the tool in the first place ?
Nov 21 2020 02:57pm
Quote (treezin @ Nov 21 2020 03:49pm)
Next tab over mentions $25 for donor forum screening...and I was talking about the same page as you... What I mentioned is my general experience with using that tool and how it may have been used in the past, especially when this site was being visiting by 10s of thousands a day. In order to properly change just the available stars you need to think about all the things that it may or may not affect.

The notification from tracking would only happen when a new upgrade is available for purchase - I just don't see how having that notification would change literally ANYTHING besides drawing more attention - and quicker attention - to the upgrade. What are the "cons" for that?
Gold: Locked
Nov 21 2020 03:07pm
Quote (treezin @ 21 Nov 2020 21:49)

Would you use the tool again ? If so why? Why did you use the tool in the first place ?

I used it before reached df access

but when used I pressed f5 on sub-forum about 1000 times per hour :)

This post was edited by Negan on Nov 21 2020 03:18pm
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Nov 21 2020 04:21pm
Quote (Epiphany @ 21 Nov 2020 12:57)
The notification from tracking would only happen when a new upgrade is available for purchase - I just don't see how having that notification would change literally ANYTHING besides drawing more attention - and quicker attention - to the upgrade. What are the "cons" for that?

Quote (Epiphany @ 21 Nov 2020 10:55)

Quote (Negan @ 21 Nov 2020 13:07)
I used it before reached df access

but when used I pressed f5 on sub-forum about 1000 times per hour :)

So available stars is more than a purchase, incentive, or whatever it is for whomever it's for. It is part of a process for something important and requires specific time and attention by specific users of d2jsp.org.

In my opinion it's a process that is not to be rushed and has be designed that way and in several different ways.

Negan if i can use you as an example?

Lets say you had a friend who wanted into donor forum and you could purchase the "process rate" on the available stars page. Would you consider it a nice if they were to put a higher rate of forum gold to real money for you to buy? If so, would a tracking notification make it harder for you to get the forum gold a friend is offering up to get into a higher level of d2jsp.org?

As for the user who wants into the donor forum.

If someone is willing to post for a higher rate it would be smart of them to tell a friend that a very nice star upgrade is about to be available and it's for an awesome rate.

Then this. https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74659484

Something I see is that more attention = more work. I also see it could create a negative user experience while one is "living the mystery" of donor forum screening.

My conclusion is still the same. The cons, mentioned or not, outweigh the pros.

P.s.

...Again I want to choose who and when I purchase someones offer on a star upgrade. I want the credit from it. "All of the credit." Then Post #2 directions #4 in https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71294937 becomes very relevant to me. The topic is older but I believe a wish is not to be messed with and tracking would do just that. Plus is smart and knows how to use his words wisely.

This post was edited by treezin on Nov 21 2020 04:43pm
Nov 21 2020 04:54pm
Quote (treezin @ Nov 21 2020 05:21pm)

So available stars is more than a purchase, incentive, or whatever it is for whomever it's for. It is part of a process for something important and requires specific time and attention by specific users of d2jsp.org.

In my opinion it's a process that is not to be rushed and has be designed that way and in several different ways.

Negan if i can use you as an example?

Lets say you had a friend who wanted into donor forum and you could purchase the "process rate" on the available stars page. Would you consider it a nice if they were to put a higher rate of forum gold to real money for you to buy? If so, would a tracking notification make it harder for you to get the forum gold a friend is offering up to get into a higher level of d2jsp.org?

As for the user who wants into the donor forum.

If someone is willing to post for a higher rate it would be smart of them to tell a friend that a very nice star upgrade is about to be available and it's for an awesome rate.

Then this. https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74659484

Something I see is that more attention = more work. I also see it could create a negative user experience while one is "living the mystery" of donor forum screening.

My conclusion is still the same. The cons, mentioned or not, outweigh the pros.

P.s.

...Again I want to choose who and when I purchase someones offer on a star upgrade. I want the credit from it. "All of the credit." Then Post #2 directions #4 in https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71294937 becomes very relevant to me. The topic is older but I believe a wish is not to be messed with and tracking would do just that. Plus ^Textbook is smart and knows how to use his words wisely.

All it would do is alert whomever is tracking the page as soon as an upgrade is available. Nothing else changes, the screening doesnt change, the duration of processing the FG doesn’t change, nothing changes.
Nov 27 2020 12:51pm
Bump
Dec 3 2020 04:15pm
Bump!
Dec 6 2020 03:23pm
Bump
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev13456715Next
Closed New Topic New Poll