d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Tennis > Djokovic Tossed - Seems Like A Dumb Rule
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Sep 6 2020 09:00pm
The punishment does not fit the crime

Fine him, dock him some points in the rankings, make him forfeit the current game (not a whole set and certainly not the whole damn match).

Every other sport I know of allows the refs to make judgement calls. If he had intentionally hit a ball toward someone, then he can take a yearlong suspension.

But as things stand, what he did was only a little bad, not that bad. People whose job it us to be line judges should obviously understand that the risk of being hit with a ball is part of the job.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Sep 6 2020 09:02pm
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Sep 7 2020 10:48am
Quote (Kayeto @ 6 Sep 2020 23:00)
The punishment does not fit the crime

Fine him, dock him some points in the rankings, make him forfeit the current game (not a whole set and certainly not the whole damn match).

Every other sport I know of allows the refs to make judgement calls. If he had intentionally hit a ball toward someone, then he can take a yearlong suspension.

But as things stand, what he did was only a little bad, not that bad. People whose job it us to be line judges should obviously understand that the risk of being hit with a ball is part of the job.

I honestly don’t get what happened here. Why did he hit the spare ball and why was he ejected for something that is so obviously not malicious? To me it looks like he just didnt want a ball in his pocket for the match and hit it to the sides so it’ll be out of play. I get it hit the line judge, but it’s like a football player tossing a ball to a ref when the ref isn’t looking on accident
Gold: 30,068.00
Sep 9 2020 06:38am
This was extremely stupid
Gold: 13,750.00
Sep 17 2020 01:27pm
don't break the rules; simple as that

dude is a whiny bitch who smacked a ball after losing a game and it hit someone

why would you think the punishment should be based on the injury?

the rule is there to protect people, you think we should wait for someone to be seriously hurt before punishing someone?

he was down 6-5, so you say he loses a set? he was already going to lose that set and if he comes back to win it ends up costing him nothing

can assure you he will never do this again, so the punishment worked to enforce the rule

Gold: 144.33
Sep 21 2020 10:40pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Sep 17 2020 08:27pm)
don't break the rules; simple as that

dude is a whiny bitch who smacked a ball after losing a game and it hit someone

why would you think the punishment should be based on the injury?

the rule is there to protect people, you think we should wait for someone to be seriously hurt before punishing someone?

he was down 6-5, so you say he loses a set? he was already going to lose that set and if he comes back to win it ends up costing him nothing

can assure you he will never do this again, so the punishment worked to enforce the rule

This post was edited by piatek on Sep 21 2020 10:42pm
Gold: 13,750.00
Sep 23 2020 02:41pm
Quote (piatek @ Sep 22 2020 12:40am)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDI_PT_CSK0

:rofl:

looks like he should have been punished there and maybe he'd have learned a while ago not to break the rules
Go Back To Tennis Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll