d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Catacombs > Newplayer..
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 52.60
Sep 6 2020 01:08am
Hey im really new to ladder slash but i do enjoy Browser games

Im level 46 with selffound gear as barb

My struggle is to get effective..

i go catacombs do like 5-8 spawns then town and wait for hp

Any idea how i can get rollin more? drops i find cant keep be going

Also charms are they only for stats when it comes to barb?
Gold: 0.20
Sep 6 2020 09:52am
buy some ee weapons (check out what barbs use), ee or stat armors (leather scale chain or plate), stat charms (str or dex depending on your weapons)
Gold: 67.00
Sep 7 2020 06:21am
Quote (Zurketurk @ Sep 6 2020 03:08am)
Hey im really new to ladder slash but i do enjoy Browser games

Im level 46 with selffound gear as barb

My struggle is to get effective..

i go catacombs do like 5-8 spawns then town and wait for hp

Any idea how i can get rollin more? drops i find cant keep be going

Also charms are they only for stats when it comes to barb?

Welcome. glad you found us and ls.

ill be brief and answer the questions you asked.

group play is certainly more effective when you have little to no gear. as for being effective a small purchase can go along way towards improving your character. Charms are only effective on melee characters for barbs with stats as you said. currently the accessory slot only allows enhanced effect to work. so all other mods in that slot do not apply. depending on your weapon you will want str or dex. most likely str.

hit me up on discord available most of the time to answer questions about the game.

GunslingerOfOld#4808
Gold: 16,643.48
Sep 7 2020 06:39am
at that sort of level you should be finding a lot of items which you can sell, here's a list of some common ones:

A short summary of what is being bought/sold can be found here:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60608527&f=273&o=1640

SZSZ buys the majority of items at the moment, however he annoyed Sotenxue so he refuses to add him to the list.

Some other players generally not SZSZ pay more for specific items, see below:

lvl 10 Arcane+ 1 fg
lvl 15 Mythical+ 1 fg
lvl 20 Angelic+ 1 fg
lvl 25 Angelic+ 1 fg
lvl 30 Rare+ 1 fg
lvl 35 Magical-Rare 1 fg
lvl 35 Mystical+ 2 fg
lvl 40 Magical+ 3 fg
lvl 45 Magical+ 3 fg
lvl 50 Magical+ 4 fg
lvl 55 Magical-Angelic 6 fg
lvl 55 Mythical+ 8 fg

Good luck! :)

I would recommend changing to a level 45/40 weapon, for whilst your battleaxe does good damage, it attacks slower (that's what "heavy weapon" means)

you're doing super well for solo'ing. although a few cheap purchases would make things a LOT faster, for example you could sell that level 40 lightning you're using and buy a 20+ strength charm for the same price.
Grabbing some cheap level 40/45 armor with enhanced effect would also be ideal, as enhanced effect on armor will increase the armors defense
Similarly a level 40/45 weapon with enhanced effect increases the damage of the weapon.

And to answer to the charm question, yes, the only point of charms for barb is for the +stats. The second charm slot is useless for barb seeing stats are disabled on charms in that position (only EE which increases spell damage works, so no use to you)
Gold: 52.60
Sep 10 2020 05:00am
Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ Sep 7 2020 02:21pm)
Welcome. glad you found us and ls.

ill be brief and answer the questions you asked.

group play is certainly more effective when you have little to no gear. as for being effective a small purchase can go along way towards improving your character. Charms are only effective on melee characters for barbs with stats as you said. currently the accessory slot only allows enhanced effect to work. so all other mods in that slot do not apply. depending on your weapon you will want str or dex. most likely str.

hit me up on discord available most of the time to answer questions about the game.

GunslingerOfOld#4808

thx alot mate! and yes im happy i found the game aswell, quite fun while u do diablo trading and such :D

Quote (Bigheaded @ Sep 7 2020 02:39pm)
at that sort of level you should be finding a lot of items which you can sell, here's a list of some common ones:

A short summary of what is being bought/sold can be found here:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60608527&f=273&o=1640

SZSZ buys the majority of items at the moment, however he annoyed Sotenxue so he refuses to add him to the list.

Some other players generally not SZSZ pay more for specific items, see below:

lvl 10 Arcane+ 1 fg
lvl 15 Mythical+ 1 fg
lvl 20 Angelic+ 1 fg
lvl 25 Angelic+ 1 fg
lvl 30 Rare+ 1 fg
lvl 35 Magical-Rare 1 fg
lvl 35 Mystical+ 2 fg
lvl 40 Magical+ 3 fg
lvl 45 Magical+ 3 fg
lvl 50 Magical+ 4 fg
lvl 55 Magical-Angelic 6 fg
lvl 55 Mythical+ 8 fg

Good luck! :)

I would recommend changing to a level 45/40 weapon, for whilst your battleaxe does good damage, it attacks slower (that's what "heavy weapon" means)

you're doing super well for solo'ing. although a few cheap purchases would make things a LOT faster, for example you could sell that level 40 lightning you're using and buy a 20+ strength charm for the same price.
Grabbing some cheap level 40/45 armor with enhanced effect would also be ideal, as enhanced effect on armor will increase the armors defense
Similarly a level 40/45 weapon with enhanced effect increases the damage of the weapon.

And to answer to the charm question, yes, the only point of charms for barb is for the +stats. The second charm slot is useless for barb seeing stats are disabled on charms in that position (only EE which increases spell damage works, so no use to you)

thx mate! i was drunk last night and tried the "reroll" bottom, that wasnt a good idea so i lost my barb..

Now i know that haha, and thx to you guys short explains etc i can relevel a barb quickly again, gonna try some "groups" if i can find any aswell

Gonna focus stats much and faster weapons aswell,
Go Back To Catacombs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll