d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Speedrun/ladder Reset Team
12326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 205,103.94
Sep 4 2020 06:49pm
Currently looking for a couple more guys to join us mainly for d2 ladder reset team. Have a lot of info and don't want to make a giant wall of text so i will sum up a brief history and most of the keypoints of what we are looking for below. If this is something you are interested in, or would like some more info feel free to post/pm me.

History/Goal
- Usually top 1-2 team for ladder resets depending on who runs and w/e complications arise (this last reset we only hit #4 though :/ due to a few reason but mainly our telesorc getting stuck on checking versions for 20 min)
- Wouid like to get a lot more serious/aggressive moving forward with solid group of guys that plan on doing numerous resets in the future so we do not have to find fill in's every reset (already have a solid group just need a couple more)
- We are not looking to break any world records or anything but being one of the top couple teams to beat hell baal each ladder is our primary goal.
- Not racing for level 99 or anything like that nor are we going to do endless baal runs (though you are free to pursue that if you want)
- Been doing reset teams/ladders for over 10 years now

Requirements/What we are looking for
- Need to have Discord with working headset
- Need to ENJOY d2. If practicing and running through and having fun is a chore to you, then this team is not for you. It is a game, it is supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun your doing it wrong!
- Serious players only. You do not need to have vast reset or speedrun experience but if you want to join on a whim or just want a free carry, this is NOT the group for you
- We will be using MH, if this morally offends you or think it ruins the whole point of team then fine you are entitled to your opinion but don't need your spam, this team is not for you, move on
- Will be meeting 2x a week (mostly) probably wed + sat or something like that for practices. Late afternoon to early eveningish (not set in stone till team is full)
- Before we get into doing our own practices going to go through some video stuff of old WR speedrun and such
- Need to have enough free time to be able to commit to something like this. Having a life is okay, having a family is okay, but things are scheduled in advance for a reasona. Essentially 3 hours twice a week.
- Have to be an adult and able to keep team informed if something comes up OR not take 5 days or longer to respond to a text or discord message about a practice time or some minor detail *HUGE pet peeve of mine*
- Going to finish putting team together and go over videos a bit over next few weeks (in no big rush/hurry) probably meeting mostly on just weekends for this part, then will start up and do practices the 2x a week for probably a couple months or a bit longer until next reset

Current open spots
- Assassin #1
- Assassin #2

3 Sorcs, 1 pally, 1 barb, 1 druid all filled already sorry guys <3
Gold: 10,153.69
Sep 4 2020 07:55pm
Im down..... What realm though sorry if you stated... Didn't read :rofl:
I'm down to run sin
Gold: 0.00
Sep 4 2020 08:10pm
Usually top 1-2 team for ladder resets depending on who runs and w/e complications arise (this last reset we only hit #4 though :/ due to a few reason but mainly our telesorc getting stuck on checking versions for 20 min)

Sad how the state of bnet has become, literally ruins whats left of competitive pvm.

I had two 360second in row (10mins) for no apparent reason, other than making my 2nd game of the month on the ladder reset day... Just gave up... and I think the next will be the first ladder reset I wont attend since I'm on jsp.
Sep 5 2020 06:05am
Quote (CallMeFresh @ Sep 4 2020 09:55pm)
Im down..... What realm though sorry if you stated... Didn't read :rofl:
I'm down to run sin

Ugh i have no idea why i forgot to include this in topic nor why it has only been like 10 hours and i can't edit it..... super ugh.

But Us east, softcore, ladder. If you are interested step #1 would definitely be reading the post though lol. Very first initial thoughts is if someone can't take 60 seconds to read the post, they probably not going to be a good fit and reliable to give time to go through videos and practice twice a week.

Quote (idjsp @ Sep 4 2020 10:10pm)
Usually top 1-2 team for ladder resets depending on who runs and w/e complications arise (this last reset we only hit #4 though :/ due to a few reason but mainly our telesorc getting stuck on checking versions for 20 min)

Sad how the state of bnet has become, literally ruins whats left of competitive pvm.

I had two 360second in row (10mins) for no apparent reason, other than making my 2nd game of the month on the ladder reset day... Just gave up... and I think the next will be the first ladder reset I wont attend since I'm on jsp.

I understand, the servers have gotten worse and worse and we all know what kind of company blizz is by now more and more by the day. Honestly im surprised they still reset the servers at all... this past ladder was really bad though and it did not help with the greedy turds who have to run thousands of bots/proxies. Servers are definitely not upgraded/current to handle all these mass characters being made. Which is why ontop of having disconnects, rubberbands, kicked out and stuck at checking versions and half dozen other things, we also had to deal with endless thousands in the queue and taking 20+ minutes sometimes to make a game.
Sep 5 2020 10:06am
Bump
Sep 5 2020 02:52pm
Bump
Gold: 10,153.69
Sep 5 2020 03:59pm
Quote (g00fy_goober @ Sep 5 2020 07:05am)
Ugh i have no idea why i forgot to include this in topic nor why it has only been like 10 hours and i can't edit it..... super ugh.

But Us east, softcore, ladder. If you are interested step #1 would definitely be reading the post though lol. Very first initial thoughts is if someone can't take 60 seconds to read the post, they probably not going to be a good fit and reliable to give time to go through videos and practice twice a week.

I understand, the servers have gotten worse and worse and we all know what kind of company blizz is by now more and more by the day. Honestly im surprised they still reset the servers at all... this past ladder was really bad though and it did not help with the greedy turds who have to run thousands of bots/proxies. Servers are definitely not upgraded/current to handle all these mass characters being made. Which is why ontop of having disconnects, rubberbands, kicked out and stuck at checking versions and half dozen other things, we also had to deal with endless thousands in the queue and taking 20+ minutes sometimes to make a game.

:rofl: what a joke. Videos of what and practice? Been playing this game since it came out. Go is SC. Hc iz where the big dogs play
Gold: 3,170.00
Sep 5 2020 04:17pm
Love playing assassins on reset. H M U

Last ladder joined a pug on day of, no practice w/ them came in top 10 somewhere in the contest iirc

Too slow for my liking though.

- discord check
- enjoy d2 check
- vast exp. check
- no morals. check
- time commitment problematic
- down to watch vids in dc
- not sure about time issues
- communication check
- again, the time thing

This post was edited by t0W on Sep 5 2020 04:23pm
Gold: 1,425.00
Sep 5 2020 04:55pm
Isn’t reset a quarter of a year away?
Sep 5 2020 05:11pm
Quote (t0W @ Sep 5 2020 06:17pm)
Love playing assassins on reset. H M U

Last ladder joined a pug on day of, no practice w/ them came in top 10 somewhere in the contest iirc

Too slow for my liking though.

- discord check
- enjoy d2 check
- vast exp. check
- no morals. check
- time commitment problematic
- down to watch vids in dc
- not sure about time issues
- communication check
- again, the time thing

pm'd t0w, sadly it won't work out, but not sure why you posted up if practing 2x a week is too much for you, when that info is in the post that you replied too :unsure:

Quote (AimfortheHead @ Sep 5 2020 06:55pm)
Isn’t reset a quarter of a year away?

Reset is in about 3 months. Seeing as we will go through the WR videos in the next few weeks, as i already said in the post this gives us about 2 months of practice or a bit more. Seeing as we really want to improve even more, find the idea of doing speedruns enjoyable, and all have loved and played d2 for a very long time.... 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, w/e. The goal is to find that absolute solid team of 8, do about 2 months of practices each week or w/e leading up to resets, but still meet every 3-4 weeks after a reset to keep in contact and keep things fresh and remembered.

Doing approx a 3 hour practice run is not exactly a chore when it entails sitting down and playing a videogame you enjoy no amirtie!? :wub:

This post was edited by g00fy_goober on Sep 5 2020 05:16pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll