d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Are You 100% Sure You're Going To Heaven???
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 62.77
Jul 8 2022 10:05pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ Jul 8 2022 07:57pm)
Yes, it does add up. Because it is your spirit that is born again, not your flesh. The flesh that you currently have will not go to heaven, but if you are born again your spirit will and at the second coming of Christ we will get a body like his.

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Okay, I see what you mean now. When we're born again, we are a new creation. Like when Paul sinned, it wasn't him that sinned but the sin in him. Aka the sinful nature or the flesh. The old man.

In that sense we cannot sin but saying that Christians can't sin can confuse people. Then we have people thinking that they're unsavable because they can't stop sinning.
Gold: 1,337.61
Jul 9 2022 07:19am
Quote (wraps @ Jul 8 2022 11:05pm)
Okay, I see what you mean now. When we're born again, we are a new creation. Like when Paul sinned, it wasn't him that sinned but the sin in him. Aka the sinful nature or the flesh. The old man.

In that sense we cannot sin but saying that Christians can't sin can confuse people. Then we have people thinking that they're unsavable because they can't stop sinning.

Yes 1 John is confusing for those who can’t discern between the spirit and the flesh. Without that discernment 1 John appears full of contradictions. People also twist those types of scriptures to teach “sinless perfection”.
Jul 9 2022 01:24pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ Jul 9 2022 06:19am)
Yes 1 John is confusing for those who can’t discern between the spirit and the flesh. Without that discernment 1 John appears full of contradictions. People also twist those types of scriptures to teach “sinless perfection”.

Yes, sinless perfection is a dangerous teaching. It hurts people's faith. For some reason, I've never been able to convince a sinless perfectionist that they do indeed sin. I can go through a list of sins and even sins of omission plus showing them evidence of people sinning after salvation in the Bible but they still believe that they don't sin anymore.
Jul 9 2022 05:28pm
Quote (wraps @ Jul 9 2022 02:24pm)
Yes, sinless perfection is a dangerous teaching. It hurts people's faith. For some reason, I've never been able to convince a sinless perfectionist that they do indeed sin. I can go through a list of sins and even sins of omission plus showing them evidence of people sinning after salvation in the Bible but they still believe that they don't sin anymore.

Yes, they are weird, the reaction I’ve gotten has been “why are you trying to convince me to sin?”. I am not trying to convince you to live in sin and not do good works, I am trying to show you that God says turning (repenting) from your sin is works and therefore separate from salvation.

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

But I have never converted one.
Jul 13 2022 02:40pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ Jul 9 2022 04:28pm)
Yes, they are weird, the reaction I’ve gotten has been “why are you trying to convince me to sin?”. I am not trying to convince you to live in sin and not do good works, I am trying to show you that God says turning (repenting) from your sin is works and therefore separate from salvation.

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

But I have never converted one.

I've never been asked why I'm trying to convince them to sin. They usually just cherry pick the verses and try to prove to me that we're called to be sinless. And we are in a way. I mean, we're not supposed to sin but it's going to happen.

I've never converted one either. Which is scary because if someone doesn't believe that they sin anymore, it means they are not confessing their sin.

This post was edited by wraps on Jul 13 2022 02:40pm
Jul 13 2022 08:40pm
Quote (wraps @ Jul 13 2022 03:40pm)
I've never been asked why I'm trying to convince them to sin. They usually just cherry pick the verses and try to prove to me that we're called to be sinless. And we are in a way. I mean, we're not supposed to sin but it's going to happen.

I've never converted one either. Which is scary because if someone doesn't believe that they sin anymore, it means they are not confessing their sin.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

A sinless man doesn’t need a savior.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2022 08:52pm
hey guys, I appreciate your replies on page 4. Here are some scriptures to think about too:
its always good to know that we know that we know the Lord and he knows us. Yes we are not perfect but we dust ourselves off and get back up.
Matthew 6:15
“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

John 3:5
“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

In my dealings with people and listening to what they say and do, calling themselves Christians, I do not believe by their actions that they have been born a new creation in Christ or they would not be acting the way that they do in the first place. A real relationship with the Lord is most important.
That is when you start to feel Godly sorrow when you sin.
Im afraid the enemy has been inside all along as we are our own worst enemies. Like a set of twins within each host body. Jesus reconciles both to the Father and your a new man. Both eyes can see again!

Luke 11:34
“The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light

This is a very cryptic scripture but its my take that we had got a double set of eyes, one the enemy can see out of the other is the Lord. Even worse however is there are Double Downers in the system, both eyes are turned down and they hunt us. The Earth is merely an enticing illusion to turn Gods Angels into an Army that is mentioned in Revelation as "Locusts" supernatural terrors.

Ezekiel 13:20
“Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the hollows (in the pit), wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.”

This post was edited by Depart on Jul 17 2022 09:06pm
Gold: 15,111.00
Jul 24 2022 02:16pm
Do you take everything in the bible literal? Do you think Revelation is meant to be understood literally?

This post was edited by P01 on Jul 24 2022 02:17pm
Jul 30 2022 10:00am
Quote (P01 @ Jul 24 2022 03:16pm)
Do you take everything in the bible literal? Do you think Revelation is meant to be understood literally?

Not everything in the Bible is literal. Some things in Revelation are literal some are not.

Some things in the Bible are literal and allegorical simultaneously.

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

This post was edited by Jesus_Lives on Jul 30 2022 10:03am
Jul 30 2022 11:20am
Inappropriate Post Content
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic