d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Are You 100% Sure You're Going To Heaven???
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 180.68
Mar 30 2021 11:16am
I no enter in debates only quote Jesus words, sorry.

Quote (Jesus_Lives @ 30 Mar 2021 18:39)
The Bible teaches it’s a free gift. You’re assertion that you can take 1 verse in Matthew and say the Bible teaches you have to do works to go to Heaven is ridiculous. Especially since your 1 reference verse is be preached to Jesus’ disciples and says nothing of works.

Matthew 5:16

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that[a] they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven"

gl

This post was edited by Miguel_Angel on Mar 30 2021 11:33am
Gold: 1,337.61
Mar 30 2021 02:31pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 30 2021 12:16pm)
I no enter in debates only quote Jesus words, sorry.

Matthew 5:16

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that[a] they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven"

gl

That is not speaking of having your soul saved. This is exhortation to the already saved disciples.
Mar 30 2021 03:00pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ 30 Mar 2021 22:31)
That is not speaking of having your soul saved. This is exhortation to the already saved disciples.

Be humble.

This post was edited by Miguel_Angel on Mar 30 2021 03:04pm
Mar 30 2021 03:09pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 30 2021 04:00pm)
Be humble.

Yes it takes humility to admit you cannot help God save you. It takes humility to accept the Gift of God. It takes humility to become as a little child and rely on Jesus 100%. It is prideful for a man to call God a liar when God says repeatedly it's a gift and is not of works.
Mar 30 2021 04:20pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ 30 Mar 2021 23:09)
Yes it takes humility to admit you cannot help God save you. It takes humility to accept the Gift of God. It takes humility to become as a little child and rely on Jesus 100%. It is prideful for a man to call God a liar when God says repeatedly it's a gift and is not of works.

PSALM 62:12
"And that to you, O Jehovah, is mercy. For you will repay a man according to his work.

ISAIAH 3:10
"Tell the righteous that it will be well for them, because they will eat the fruit of their works."

JEREMIAH 17:10
"I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruit of his works."
REVELATION 20: 12-13, 15
"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged by the things that were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. "

Definitely be humble and relax

God bless you, good night :hug:

This post was edited by Miguel_Angel on Mar 30 2021 04:33pm
Mar 30 2021 04:36pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 30 2021 05:20pm)
PSALM 62:12
"And that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.

iSAIAH 3:10
"Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them, For they shall eat the fruit of their doings."

JEREMIAH 17:10
"I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings."

REVELATION 20:12-13, 15
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Definitely be humble and relax

God bless you, good night :hug:

You definitely are taking those out of context. There is a life here with consequence. Those works you reference are for earthly consequences and heavenly rewards.

1 Corinthians 3

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 11: 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Mar 30 2021 04:47pm
Well. I only am quoting sacred texts about that. Opinion or private interpretations is no for me. I no enter in debates. Ty :)
Mar 30 2021 05:03pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 30 2021 05:47pm)
Well. I only am quoting sacred texts about that. Opinion or private interpretations is no for me. I no enter in debates. Ty :)

You are not only quoting you are also misapplying them and thereby teaching a false Gospel. I have quoted many clear scriptures that give you the correct application of those scriptures you have taken out of context. There are many more verses that I can show but I have shown enough. These are not private interpretations. If they are private interpretations please tell me what the verses I quoted mean? Why in the only place in the Bible that the question is asked directly "what must I do to be saved?", is answered "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ"?

What do these mean? John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The scripture is clear.

This post was edited by Jesus_Lives on Mar 30 2021 05:06pm
Mar 30 2021 05:09pm
The scripture is the full Biblie not alone words or quotes
Be humble my friend and God will be with you. Is easy :)
Mar 30 2021 05:27pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 30 2021 06:09pm)
The scripture is the full Biblie not alone words or quotes
Be humble my friend and God will be with you. Is easy :)

What you want more scriptures?

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Jesus is eternal life our works are not eternal life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The wages of sin is not works. It's obvious. I have quoted scriptures in context of salvation. If you want to call God a liar and deny the witness that He gave of His Son that's your decision.

Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic