d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Are You 100% Sure You're Going To Heaven???
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,837.61
Sep 2 2020 06:24am
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is no one that has ever lived or ever will live that has not sinned or will not sin in the future. ( except Jesus of course)

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All liars how many lies do you have to tell in order to be a liar? Just 1. I know I have lied before. I'm sure everyone has.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Wages are what you earn. We all have earned death we have a debt to pay for our sins. But God gave us a gift through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

There's that word "gift" again. See, God because of his grace gave us Jesus. We receive the gift through faith in Jesus. There is no work we can do to earn salvation. If we could earn our salvation it would not be a gift it would be a reward. But it is clear that salvation is not of ourselves. It's 100% of God.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

This is the gift. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh( Matthew 1:23).He lived a Sinless life and at 30 years of age started his ministry. He healed the blind and Lame and the lepers and cast out demons and raised the dead. But he also preach the word of God and told the truth and when you tell the truth people get mad and they did. And they lied on him and turned him over to the authorities. The authorities beat him mocked him whipped and tortured him and hung him on a cross. He took our sins upon himself and paid our debt on the tree. He died and went to hell for three days and was resurrected the third day. Paying off our debt in hell and conquering death so that it has no power over us now.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is the gospel the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as payment for our sins. Plus nothing minus nothing.

Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

It cannot be both works and grace. You can't say "Yes Jesus died for my sins, but I have to turn from my sins or do good works or go to church etc. or i will lose my salvation." Who pays for a gift? The giver or the receiver? The person who gives the gift pays for it. If I give you a Bible and say " this is my gift to you." Then next week I come to you and say "you need to wash my car or I will take the Bible away from you " was it a gift? No it was not. It's the same with salvation. It's a gift of God's grace received through faith in Jesus. You cannot work to keep it anymore than you can work to receive it.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This is how we accept God's grace. Believing the gospel which is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord. And confessing with our mouths that Jesus is Lord. A lifetime of experiences in this world has taught us that if something seems to be too good to be true then it probably is not true. This is not so with God.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This teaches us that salvation is not for certain people but for all people. It's not for young or old, rich or poor, black or white, American, Asian, Canadian etc. It is for whoever can believe in their heart and confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

When you call on the name of The Lord you are baptized with the Holy Ghost. And are new creature born of God.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
As newborn babes in Christ we are sealed by the Holy Spirit and kept from corruption.

1Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jn 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

As children of God we are heirs together with Christ. The Holy Spirit is the down payment on our inheritance.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

After you are born again and are sealed by the Holy Spirit you can never be condemned because you can no longer sin. Your flesh will still die because it will not be redeemed until the second coming of Jesus Christ. Your flesh will war with your spirit until you die or Jesus comes back whichever happens first.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

It is our faith in Jesus that justifies us and gives us peace with God. Everyone that rejects Jesus is subject to the wrath of God. Everyone who accepts Jesus has eternal life (right now). And if it is eternal then we cannot lose it because if we lose it at any point in time it was never eternal.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
There is nothing that exists now or that will exist in the future that is not on that list. There is absolutely nothing that can separate us from the love of God.

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Jesus is unlike anyone else you know. No matter what we do he has promised not to leave us. He is God and cannot lie.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me
Oct 4 2020 02:07pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Dec 3 2020 11:11am
Bump
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 8 2020 10:12am
Luke 17
New International Version
The Coming of the Kingdom of God

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is, or There it is, because the kingdom of God is in your inside
Dec 19 2020 12:40am
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Dec 19 2020 01:36pm
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ 2 Sep 2020 04:24)

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

This is the gift. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh( Matthew 1:23).He lived a Sinless life and at 30 years of age started his ministry. He healed the blind and Lame and the lepers and cast out demons and raised the dead. But he also preach the word of God and told the truth and when you tell the truth people get mad and they did. And they lied on him and turned him over to the authorities. The authorities beat him mocked him whipped and tortured him and hung him on a cross. He took our sins upon himself and paid our debt on the tree. He died and went to hell for three days and was resurrected the third day. Paying off our debt in hell and conquering death so that it has no power over us now.

Thank you.
Gold: 220.68
Jan 13 2021 01:49pm
matthew...

Matthew 5:8 Happy are the clean in heart: for they will see God. -> :angel:

This post was edited by Miguel_Angel on Jan 13 2021 01:50pm
Jan 14 2021 02:45pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Jan 13 2021 01:49pm)
matthew...

Matthew 5:8 Happy are the clean in heart: for they will see God. -> :angel:

? I don’t understand your point.
Gold: 220.68
Jan 15 2021 02:03am
Quote (Jesus_Lives @ 14 Jan 2021 21:45)
? I don’t understand your point.

Is in the bible...King Lames version i think. Matteh 5:8. There is the key of the heaven :) no need to to know more, that's enought.

And first is necessary what is the heaven for do the question...you do your own work with God and will go there for ever.
Amen.

This post was edited by Miguel_Angel on Jan 15 2021 02:04am
Mar 30 2021 10:39am
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Jan 15 2021 03:03am)
Is in the bible...King Lames version i think. Matteh 5:8. There is the key of the heaven :) no need to to know more, that's enought.

And first is necessary what is the heaven for do the question...you do your own work with God and will go there for ever.
Amen.

The Bible teaches it’s a free gift. You’re assertion that you can take 1 verse in Matthew and say the Bible teaches you have to do works to go to Heaven is ridiculous. Especially since your 1 reference verse is be preached to Jesus’ disciples and says nothing of works.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic