d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Homeopathy. The True Cure. Or Is It.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Aug 28 2020 05:05pm
I was enjoying reading the comments. Continue.

Gold: 260.11
Aug 28 2020 05:28pm
Doubt he will respond lol

Homeopathy claims the more dilute you make something, the more "powerful" it becomes. Meaning if you have an aspirin and you crush it up and mix it into 1L of water, then you take 1mL of that water and mix that into 1L of water, and repeat, the more times you do the dilution the more "powerful" the aspirin solution gets. This flies in the face of very basic things we know about the world, like the fact that matter is made of atoms, and if you do a 1:1000 dilution enough times you will just have no molecules of aspirin remaining.

They will also take obviously ineffective medications, such as sodium phosphate, and make it into a pill and prescribe that as a treatment. Your body contains an absolutely bonkers amount of sodium phosphate. The P in ATP is phosphate, and it is constantly cycling in and out of your cells, cycling among your cells, and phosphate groups are in your cellular membranes. As a result you have mechanisms to quickly regulate your phosphate levels. It can be reabsorbed into your bones to store it, and it can be liberated from your bones if you get low. Your kidneys constantly filter your blood, receiving about 25% of the blood supply from your heart and filtering it every second of the day. Your kidney has exceptionally effective and fine-tuned methods to maintain phosphate homeostasis. So why would taking a phosphate pill cure a disease? If you get too much phosphate your body will quickly lower the levels in your blood, so a phosphate pill will have no effect on the levels of phosphate in your blood after just a few minutes.

Anybody with even a high school level understanding of chemistry knows exactly why homeopathy is bullshit. I could go on for hours about why homeopathy is bullshit, and how we all know its bullshit, and how nobody has ever produced a double-blind study showing homeopathy works better than a placebo, and I have, but when I point out evidence to the contrary he just kind of puts his hands over his ears and goes "la la la la".
Gold: 0.01
Aug 28 2020 05:29pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 28 2020 07:28pm)
Doubt he will respond lol

Homeopathy claims the more dilute you make something, the more "powerful" it becomes. Meaning if you have an aspirin and you crush it up and mix it into 1L of water, then you take 1mL of that water and mix that into 1L of water, and repeat, the more times you do the dilution the more "powerful" the aspirin solution gets. This flies in the face of very basic things we know about the world, like the fact that matter is made of atoms, and if you do a 1:1000 dilution enough times you will just have no molecules of aspirin remaining.

They will also take obviously ineffective medications, such as sodium phosphate, and make it into a pill and prescribe that as a treatment. Your body contains an absolutely bonkers amount of sodium phosphate. The P in ATP is phosphate, and it is constantly cycling in and out of your cells, cycling among your cells, and phosphate groups are in your cellular membranes. As a result you have mechanisms to quickly regulate your phosphate levels. It can be reabsorbed into your bones to store it, and it can be liberated from your bones if you get low. Your kidneys constantly filter your blood, receiving about 25% of the blood supply from your heart and filtering it every second of the day. Your kidney has exceptionally effective and fine-tuned methods to maintain phosphate homeostasis. So why would taking a phosphate pill cure a disease? If you get too much phosphate your body will quickly lower the levels in your blood, so a phosphate pill will have no effect on the levels of phosphate in your blood after just a few minutes.

Anybody with even a high school level understanding of chemistry knows exactly why homeopathy is bullshit. I could go on for hours about why homeopathy is bullshit, and how we all know its bullshit, and how nobody has ever produced a double-blind study showing homeopathy works better than a placebo, and I have, but when I point out evidence to the contrary he just kind of puts his hands over his ears and goes "la la la la".

Oh i know its a crock of shit i was just enjoying you guys and the comments from the drinking piss thread.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll