d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Magic Luck Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90.28
Aug 22 2020 11:39am
I'm sure its posted somewhere, but theres so many guides and info I might have over looked where to find the answer for my question.

Just curious, I have a set of magic luck gear. Say if I dump an item into the well, get the monster low hp then town to put on my magic luck gear, then go back to cata and finish off the monster with my low damage magic luck set, will that magic luck be applied to the drops? Or does magic luck work by needing your ml gear on the whole time you kill the monster? I suck at explaining things, hope that makes sense. Also EP monsters, if I hit them down low then go swap on ml gear and come back down will that benefit me? Or am I wasting my time? Curious if I should run like ml armor and charm then my ee wep, or If running dex armor/charm/ee wep and swapping to ml gear when a big monster is almost dead will work.

Thanks!
Gold: 287,016.78
Aug 22 2020 04:52pm
Use your best gear and swap to ML at the end. The last hit is the only one that matters. Good luck!
Gold: 67.00
Aug 23 2020 05:38am
Quote (JakeTheDog @ Aug 22 2020 06:52pm)
Use your best gear and swap to ML at the end. The last hit is the only one that matters. Good luck!

this is not exactly true. i posted evidence when the ml change happened tested across many wells and mutes.

Wells

the items recieved from wells are split into two categorys.
1. the item you place in the well.
2. the side drops ( everything else dropped from killing well monster)

the item you drop in is rolls for magic luck that was equipped when placing it in the well.

the side drops roll when the monster dies.

so equipping ml gear, dropping item in, powering down monster, swap back to ml, kill presents the best method if your ml gear is not powerful enough to kill the monster own its own.

for eps simply having ml when killing it is required.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll