d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Need Some Advice For Skinny Fat
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 930,081.00
Aug 22 2020 10:33am
Anyone else go through this phase and who might have meaningful insight would be nice.

Im currently at 24% BF. Anybody who will look at me wont be able to tell that unless they see my without my shirt or really spend a lot of time with me. I.e I dont look fat and I have a small build.

I am 5.6 tall and my weight is 163.

In the last two years I ave fluctuated between 18-27% BF. They way I like to focus on fat loss is usually through careful eating, lifting weights ( low reps high weights 3 days a week), and incorporating some cardio (I enjoy walking as light cardio and I enjoy playing tennis with friends).

When I am doing the above I tend to lose BF, but I feel like I have so little margin of error. The minute I get remotely relaxed with any of the above my fat immediately starts coming back or my progress starts halting.

So if I laser focus for 4 weeks, and then I have a 1 week trip where I dont workout and eat whatever the heck... I come back to find myself back or worse then where I was before all the work and that is such a tremendously gut wrenching feeling.

Is this the case for you guys?

Aug 22 2020 11:00am
Also, another thing that I struggle with when it comes to my diet it eating - wheat based things like bread/tortillas. What are your hacks for limiting this? I tend to have them with most meals etc and I feel like its adding too many unnecessary calories.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 22 2020 11:05am
sounds like the calories arent the problem, its the source of calories.

dont go for any kind of diet, adapt a lifestyle that you consider healthy and that works for you.

as for the body fat, you should start and finish your exercises with something like high knees or jumping jacks,

it will fire you up and then allow your workouts to be more effective, id recommend doing more repitions, so not only will you burn off the fat, but then start to tone it differently

no matter what exercise youre doing, form is most important, you dont want to have sloppy form, if you feel sloppy, take a break and go at it again. but pushing yourself will help you in long run, determination is key

hope it makes sense

This post was edited by eMptyBox on Aug 22 2020 11:07am
Aug 23 2020 10:14am
Thanks for the feed back.

I think one of the issues I am also having is that I am so fixated on body fat % and thinking that the only way to go is to reduce it by burning fat.

Youre right about the problem being the source of calories. When I start eating clean, I realize that I suddenly start eating way too little.

One of my goals for this week is going to be to up my protein intake as a start and aim for a minimum of 100g of protein every day for a week. And see how easy/hard that is for me to do.

I feel like as Im working out, putting on some muscle might also be a good way to drop that body fat % since I am already super slim.

My question then is, what are some easy sources of protein?

My current plan is - whey protein milk shake with some fruits/eggs. And then for meals eating chicken/steak/tuna/tilapia with veggies.

100 grams might still be less but I think it will still be a shock for my system which hasnt really been getting sufficient protein lately.

Gold: 40.01
Aug 23 2020 10:29am
If you lose weight without a decent amount of muscle as your foundation, you’ll just be a smaller version of yourself. Work on your upper back, shoulders, and chest (but also your entire body) You’ll look better in a shirt if you’re fat having these areas filled out.

As far as diet goes, carbs (your wheat shit) isn’t bad for you. It’s all about calories in vs. calories out. Take 2-3 weeks of eating the same food every day while keeping your gym regimen the same, or don’t go at all and do zero cardio. If your weight has stayed the same at the end, you’ve found your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and now know by adding cardio/lifting, you’ll burn more calories than your TDEE and start losing weight!

A client I train currently is obsessed with losing weight. I log all of his lifts in the gym, and while he’s happy to see the #s on the scale dropping, his strength has decreased as he’s not eating enough to allow for proper recovery (2,700 cal diet, maybe eats 15-1,800 calories)

If you aren’t familiar with tracking your macros I’d suggest downloading myfitnesspal so you have an idea of how many calories and how much protein you’re getting a day!
Gold: 0.21
Aug 23 2020 07:51pm
am currently 5'11 and weigh 160. lol.
I have roughly i think 22-27%
diet is huge. be consistent with eating clean.
Gold: 1.01
Aug 28 2020 03:47am
changing a lifestyle contra changing your diet for 2-3 months is harder but will benefit you in the end. before ever thinking of results, think of what you want to start with; if you are fat and want to get lean AND add muscle, get on a deficit meal schedule from a certified health coach. if you feel like you are skinny, do the same but add kcal, you got this bro

This post was edited by zed77 on Aug 28 2020 03:48am
Gold: 105.00
Aug 28 2020 03:55pm
run keto diet for 6 weeks (strict) and ensure you're getting 175g. protein/day.
continue weight lifting and cardio throughout this process. If you're strict, you'll drop 5% bf or so.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 12 2020 03:26pm
I am 6.2 and way 250 pound. Have no advise.
Gold: 1.01
Sep 13 2020 01:21am
Quote (ChosLizzard @ Aug 28 2020 11:55pm)
run keto diet for 6 weeks (strict) and ensure you're getting 175g. protein/day.
continue weight lifting and cardio throughout this process. If you're strict, you'll drop 5% bf or so.

or he can try fasting with a low calorie and get the same results while still getting the same amount of protein without risking a heartattack :)

This post was edited by zed77 on Sep 13 2020 01:21am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll