d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Buying Quality Build Guides
12344Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 181,699.00
Aug 22 2020 01:50am
This how-to post is longer than 5 guides combined '_'
I'm looking for somebody to write 5+ guides about various popular builds or 1 really good in-depth guide about build you are expert at. I'm still missing some popular and unpopular builds (mostly harder builds like melee and hybrid), including LLD builds, I may create ISO list later.

You need to be good at math, know game mechanics and every useful item and its market availability/price. People who built 10k+ fg char are preferred, it proves that you can do the research and know what you are talking about.
If you are interested, pm me: your price per guide / builds or classes you can write about / your exp with those builds such as the most expensive item owned or proof that you know how to write, such as link to a quality guide that you wrote (for any game).

- you have to start with easy build to prove yourself
- if you want to deliver only 1 guide, it must be in-depth one and you have to have extensive experience with it
- keep it brief, provide maximum info with as little words as possible
- you should (or even must) base your guides on existing ones but there can be no ctrl+v, every sentence must be written by you and you have to think a little about item choices (many easily available items now, used to cost a fortune a few years ago, for example I paid 10k fg vs perf JMOD in 2007)
- you must transfer all rights to me, you can't share guide with anybody else, once I send you fg, guide is mine and you have to delete it from all device(s)
- item/skill names must be in English and 100% accurate, no typos allowed, you can use common abbreviations but the best would be a noob friendly way like: Attack Rating (AR)
- lmk price, it takes a few hours to read about and make a quality guide without any prior build knowledge (don't ask for offers, only you can put a price on your time)
- if guide looks like something copied+pasted in 1h (using subpar solutions, with many double spaces and/or typos in item/skill names etc.), I reserve the right not to buy it or pay less (if you want to sell it for less), you will receive example guide before you start so there can be no doubt about info and quality required
- you have 7 days to deliver each build you reserved, after that I may no longer be interested and let somebody else work on it

All guides must follow the same schema (will send a filled template via pm):
[1-3% of work]- intro (1-3 sentences describing what build does, consisting minimum of damage type, which skill it kills with, is it PvP/PvM/uber, maybe some not-so-common knowledge like why IAS on Trap)
[2-5% of work]- up to 5 sentences explaining how to play (replace with basic PvP tactics if this is PvP char, how to play vs casters and how vs melee)
[80% of work]- the best gear choices and their stats (leave blank if random) for 3-5 price points (around 100fg / 500fg / 1500fg / 5000fg / no limit), using "gear rules" below; you will spend most of the time here to theory craft the best combinations for each price point
[2-5% of work]- merc, charms, jewel choice (appropriate for every price point)
[0-5% of work]- prebuff/stash items (if it is PvP build), they should be the same for all price points and come with very short explanation of what they do if it is not a common knowledge among casual players e.g. Demon Limb (+218% AR)
[2-3% of work]- skill/statistic setup
[2-5% of work]- breakpoints (IAS / FCR / FHR etc.)
[10-15% of work]- gear summary: how much IAS / FCR / FHR and for melee chars also Crit / DS / CB, level required to equip and optionally: fully buffed at lvl95: dps / life / mana / res / AR / def
- optionally (I will pay extra): make lvl95 single player char for every price breakpoint (you send me .d2s file)
If build has a few variations (PvP/max fcr/max dmg/PvM/uber/MF) and above info is similar for all of them, then you should do all of those guides at the same time (but I won't pay 5 times your price for 5 variations, if you just change a few items around)

Gear rules:
- there is no fixed amount of gear sets, if gear can get a significant upgrade at higher price point then you need to write about it, there might be builds starting from 500fg but also ending at 500fg
- example of price points for Hammerdin PvM: Shako -> Shako141 -> CoA 15% 2soc -> Coa 15/30 -> CoA perf (you could use perf CoA for 5000fg gear but then you may not have enough budget to get 2k amu, you need to be smart about the choices and create the best price:result ratio)
- the cheapest 1-2 builds should be built only from easy to get items (mostly unique/set and no rare/craft/magic/uncommon RW base), but if some more expensive/harder to get item offers a significant upgrade then you can make exceptions (like eth tomb for Wolf or 3/20 gloves for Java)
- if there is more than 1 optimal way of building the same gear (each having own pros and cons), present both ways
- if you can't decide if char needs max block or not, make 2 variations
- use NL pricing but build it from items available on ladder; optionally you can present alternative setup or make a note about useful hybrid/bugged/legacy/perm duped items but you need research on which game mode(s) they exist
- I see a lot of 6000fg gear packs being offered on jsp where perfect charms cost 5000fg and gear is max 1000fg, I don't want to see noob crap like that, items should be worth 50-75% of the budget to be called professional and to give the best bang for the buck
- no imaginary items in no_limit gear, if you don't see similar item on almost every ladder, do not use it (you should, if you can, list maximum rare/craft important values for reference though)
- you need to be able to justify your choices, if they are highly unusual
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 22 2020 03:00am
Gel87 has dumbest ideas which are often semi-viable in terms of having fun and being effective on pvp grounds
While some people like Feanur or Goomshill and couple of others have outstanding game knowledge on paper (read math).

Might even be good to have guides written by more than 1 person
Gold: 6,130.70
Aug 22 2020 09:19am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Aug 22 2020 02:00am)
Gel87 has dumbest ideas which are often semi-viable in terms of having fun and being effective on pvp grounds
While some people like Feanur or Goomshill and couple of others have outstanding game knowledge on paper (read math).

Might even be good to have guides written by more than 1 person

MaterZappy has a lot of legit fun builds that are outside of the norm too!
Gold: 45.00
Aug 22 2020 10:12am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Aug 22 2020 06:19pm)
MaterZappy has a lot of legit fun builds that are outside of the norm too!

She invented many builds but there are some stupid things in them
Gold: 6,130.70
Aug 22 2020 10:38am
Quote (wupa @ Aug 22 2020 09:12am)
She invented many builds but there are some stupid things in them

Be gone with your negativity!
Gold: 45.00
Aug 22 2020 10:41am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Aug 22 2020 07:38pm)
Be gone with your negativity!

I love her imagination. I have both riftsin and bearmancer in sp and eunl

This post was edited by wupa on Aug 22 2020 10:41am
Gold: 10,068.00
Aug 22 2020 12:48pm
Quote (aldon @ 22 Aug 2020 09:50)
- no imaginary items in no_limit gear, if you don't see similar item on almost every ladder, do not use it (you should, if you can, list maximum rare/craft important values for reference though)

This means no hybrid or bug items?

Gold: Locked
Aug 22 2020 03:45pm
Disregard anyone that send you a pvm build that include these items : last wish, coh, sandstorm trek, exile, coa, ebotdz, cv on merc
Gold: 2,170.00
Aug 22 2020 03:59pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Aug 22 2020 10:45pm)
Disregard anyone that send you a pvm build that include these items : last wish, coh, sandstorm trek, exile, coa, ebotdz, cv on merc

:rofl:
Gold: 491.50
Aug 23 2020 10:00am
I’d be up for this challenge, send me a PM.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12344Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll