d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Premades Are Cheaper Than Customs Now???
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2020 10:24pm
Pre-Made $1599.99
iBUYPOWER - Gaming Desktop - Intel i9-10900K - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 1TB SSD
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-i9-10900k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8gb-1tb-ssd/6419490.p?skuId=6419490

Custom build $1626.91
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PpRGrV

[Small Bonus] [Keep in mind the pre-made comes with windows 10]

Apparently now , Bestbuy sells PC's cheaper than you can than building from scratch/custom.
"Additional Bonus " Monthly payments option. Could pay nothing for 23 months, and pay full amount on month #24.

Was thinking of building custom, so i could get the RTX 2080 ( non super) , but would cost nearly another 450$ all together. so idk what to do now.
Maybe just wait for Christmas sales or something.

Black friday will probably have a HUGE sale in store.... so now its like... well there might be better hardware/options/prices....
but black friday will probably have the better rates either way... but then ill have even more oudated stuff...

The choice is hard.
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 17 2020 10:38pm
Quote (conetopia @ Aug 18 2020 12:24am)
Pre-Made $1599.99
iBUYPOWER - Gaming Desktop - Intel i9-10900K - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 1TB SSD
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-i9-10900k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8gb-1tb-ssd/6419490.p?skuId=6419490

Custom build $1626.91
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PpRGrV
https://i.gyazo.com/0c4e15fc80fc0ad825ba1ff88543c048.png

[Small Bonus] [Keep in mind the pre-made comes with windows 10]

Apparently now , Bestbuy sells PC's cheaper than you can than building from scratch/custom.
"Additional Bonus " Monthly payments option. Could pay nothing for 23 months, and pay full amount on month #24.

Was thinking of building custom, so i could get the RTX 2080 ( non super) , but would cost nearly another 450$ all together. so idk what to do now.
Maybe just wait for Christmas sales or something.

Black friday will probably have a HUGE sale in store.... so now its like... well there might be better hardware/options/prices....
but black friday will probably have the better rates either way... but then ill have even more oudated stuff...

The choice is hard.

If you don't know who makes the parts, you can't compare. Also, it only has a 1 yr warranty.

/e And as for Windows 10. $3 if you don't have a product key, $0 if you have a Win 7, 8, 8.1 key. But they are getting better.

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 17 2020 10:45pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Aug 17 2020 11:17pm
Nope, it's the exact same as always. You're falling for the pre-made marketing trap, in prebuilds they have 1 or 2 decent parts then the rest are no name questionable parts that they have tough time selling on its own. The marketers know a lot of inexperienced people will try hard to compare side by side of similar said items, so it initially looks like a good deal but theyll eventually realize there's no deal.

For example, for 1.6k budget customized pc you will have all quality parts with full warranty, min. 3yrs to 10+. You're not sacrificing performance for rgb bling bling etc.
10900k is the good piece in the build, however good luck overclocking it to 5.1 in a ibuypower tower without knowing the mobo, and psu. It defeats the purpose of having a sick chip like that.

Gold: 1,173.00
Aug 18 2020 05:40am
What he said. One fancy part and the rest crap. Like getting a nice engine and a shitty car to put it in.
Aug 18 2020 07:45am
Quote (Ghot @ 17 Aug 2020 23:38)
If you don't know who makes the parts, you can't compare. Also, it only has a 1 yr warranty.

/e And as for Windows 10. $3 if you don't have a product key, $0 if you have a Win 7, 8, 8.1 key. But they are getting better.

Quote (Secksii @ 18 Aug 2020 00:17)
Nope, it's the exact same as always. You're falling for the pre-made marketing trap, in prebuilds they have 1 or 2 decent parts then the rest are no name questionable parts that they have tough time selling on its own. The marketers know a lot of inexperienced people will try hard to compare side by side of similar said items, so it initially looks like a good deal but theyll eventually realize there's no deal.

For example, for 1.6k budget customized pc you will have all quality parts with full warranty, min. 3yrs to 10+. You're not sacrificing performance for rgb bling bling etc.
10900k is the good piece in the build, however good luck overclocking it to 5.1 in a ibuypower tower without knowing the mobo, and psu. It defeats the purpose of having a sick chip like that.

Quote (NinjaSushi @ 18 Aug 2020 06:40)
What he said. One fancy part and the rest crap. Like getting a nice engine and a shitty car to put it in.

Sounds good guys, yeah I kinda almost jumped the gun there ha ha.
Yeah im sure indeed it would be hard to overclock on unknown hardware, and you never know... there might be random hiccups... or hardware failure.... USB port failure/issues.
Crappy sound ports / usb static ect.

that or if you have a stay at home job, your junky hardware might not work for certain company VM-ware remotes... compatibility issues ect.
just never know what your buying.

Yeah i searched up and down to figure out the video card/mobo brand, couldn't find it.. and was like well ill just pick some random cheap to compare...
even cheap compare could be like 2x faster graphics card base clock lol never know..

Still looking to build new pc. Was hoping for that 2n'd stimulus check that we won't be getting in the USA.
Used first check to pay car off.
Maybe might do an early tax return , but otherwise yeah was thinking of doing the bestbuy credit deal.
I mean i could just wait until next year.

So many thoughts...

This post was edited by conetopia on Aug 18 2020 07:48am
Gold: 84.10
Aug 18 2020 11:14am
Quote (conetopia @ Aug 18 2020 08:45am)
Sounds good guys, yeah I kinda almost jumped the gun there ha ha.
Yeah im sure indeed it would be hard to overclock on unknown hardware, and you never know... there might be random hiccups... or hardware failure.... USB port failure/issues.
Crappy sound ports / usb static ect.

that or if you have a stay at home job, your junky hardware might not work for certain company VM-ware remotes... compatibility issues ect.
just never know what your buying.

Yeah i searched up and down to figure out the video card/mobo brand, couldn't find it.. and was like well ill just pick some random cheap to compare...
even cheap compare could be like 2x faster graphics card base clock lol never know..

Still looking to build new pc. Was hoping for that 2n'd stimulus check that we won't be getting in the USA.
Used first check to pay car off.
Maybe might do an early tax return , but otherwise yeah was thinking of doing the bestbuy credit deal.
I mean i could just wait until next year.

So many thoughts...

I'd wait anyways if you can
New cpus and gpus should be coming out later this yr or early next
Gold: 3,981.96
Aug 18 2020 11:57am
Probably has a raid max psu and a H410 board.

E/ and bloatware that keeps you from servicing it yourself.
I love that Apple still pulls that shit.

This post was edited by Bruv on Aug 18 2020 11:59am
Aug 18 2020 07:53pm
Quote (Bruv @ 18 Aug 2020 12:57)
Probably has a raid max psu and a H410 board.

E/ and bloatware that keeps you from servicing it yourself.
I love that Apple still pulls that shit.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah HP pulls that shit,
And people say biostar is shit lawl.

HP = apple .... Same Hardware just more difficult and more expensive.
Gold: 1,173.00
Aug 20 2020 02:37pm
Overclocking is a waste of time. Just buy fancy parts and enjoy your system. The hours spent overclocking to push out an extra 5-10% overall when in reality you aren't even using 50% of the capability/capacity of the machine.

I'm waiting for consoles to incorporate mouse and keyboard full time and eventually make gaming PCs a thing in the past. Imagine a console that can play PC games without all the hassle that comes with a PC. Just plug and play, set it and forget it. No BSOD, driver issues, etc. That'll be the day. Everything will be specifically designed to work with itself and so you'd never run into compatibility issues, the need to replace/upgrade parts. Oh man. Exciting.

/toilet thoughts
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 20 2020 04:30pm
Quote (NinjaSushi @ Aug 20 2020 04:37pm)
Overclocking is a waste of time. Just buy fancy parts and enjoy your system. The hours spent overclocking to push out an extra 5-10% overall when in reality you aren't even using 50% of the capability/capacity of the machine.

I'm waiting for consoles to incorporate mouse and keyboard full time and eventually make gaming PCs a thing in the past. Imagine a console that can play PC games without all the hassle that comes with a PC. Just plug and play, set it and forget it. No BSOD, driver issues, etc. That'll be the day. Everything will be specifically designed to work with itself and so you'd never run into compatibility issues, the need to replace/upgrade parts. Oh man. Exciting.

/toilet thoughts

can just but mouse and keyboard adapter... and still no one does it.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll