d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Fan Compatibility Check With Case
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,521.70
Aug 14 2020 11:16pm
Hey all, im building a pc for my gf's sister for her birthday, and she wants aesthetics more than performance. So I decided to go for a Lian Li PC-011 mid tower build in white, and I had a few questions about the fans and cooling.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/shJdBZ here is the build link, and as you can see I'm planning on only having 3 RGB white fans that I plan on putting on the side panel of the case, along with the Corsair h400i water cooler with 2 fans that I also plan on putting on the top panel of the case. I am opting for only these 3 fans because they are super expensive, otherwise I'd get another set of 3. Essentially, I am wondering what is the most optimal way to put these fans in terms of intake/exhaust so that I can have the best cooling and not need to worry about temps? This is my first time doing custom fans I usually just buy cases that are already set. I'd like the 3 corsair fans to be on the side panel with the water cooler 2 fans on the top of the case, would this cause any problems? Also if this would work, how would i orient them to make certain ones intake and exhaust, and whats the best way to go about it? Thanks a bunch.
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 14 2020 11:22pm
https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Motherboard-Adjustable-Addressable-Remote-3/dp/B07XBSJYFH/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=EZDIY-FAB&qid=1597468705&sr=8-2

Just be sure to use top rgb header above ram not the one on the bottom.
front/bottom intake, top/back outtake. front mount rad.
Fans usually have arrows on frame indicating air flow, if not just look up or compare to any other fan.

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Aug 14 2020 11:23pm
Gold: 1,521.70
Aug 15 2020 12:13am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Aug 15 2020 12:22am)
https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Motherboard-Adjustable-Addressable-Remote-3/dp/B07XBSJYFH/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=EZDIY-FAB&qid=1597468705&sr=8-2

Just be sure to use top rgb header above ram not the one on the bottom.
front/bottom intake, top/back outtake. front mount rad.
Fans usually have arrows on frame indicating air flow, if not just look up or compare to any other fan.

so the vertical 3 custom fans are intaking (id want the fans to be vertical if possible for the most visibility), and then the top radiator would be outtaking, with the fans mounted on the front of the radiatior? Im a noob to fans so sorry if im seeing it incorrectly.
Also those fans are 100$ cheaper than the corsair so i might switch to those, i just really like the white parts of the corsair fans and the way they light up/match the same fans on the cooler, so i'll see about those. thanks for that.

This post was edited by ValkryieRangdris on Aug 15 2020 12:14am
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 15 2020 12:58pm
Quote (ValkryieRangdris @ Aug 15 2020 02:13am)
so the vertical 3 custom fans are intaking (id want the fans to be vertical if possible for the most visibility), and then the top radiator would be outtaking, with the fans mounted on the front of the radiatior? Im a noob to fans so sorry if im seeing it incorrectly.
Also those fans are 100$ cheaper than the corsair so i might switch to those, i just really like the white parts of the corsair fans and the way they light up/match the same fans on the cooler, so i'll see about those. thanks for that.

Front /bottom intake, back/top out take. I can't get any clearer then that.
Buy two sets and replace coolers fans so they all match or do push pull and hide the corsairs between rad and case, ez pz.

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Aug 15 2020 12:58pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Aug 15 2020 01:27pm
damn i remember farming valk shields back in the day
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll