d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Jupe Blog 2.0 - Weight Loss, Friendship And More
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,420.00
Aug 13 2020 08:13am
Was looking around at random things and saw that I had my sober blog a bit over 2 years ago, and a lot has happened since then so I figured I might as well start my new jupe blog! As for the year of 2018, I really don't believe I did anything substantial whatsoever :cry:

2019 is when I decided to make drastic changes. I pretty much told myself I was either going to become healthy or fuckin die! I decided to use a website to help me in my weight loss goals. It's been ages since I actually used the website, but I just updated it.

I actually didn't even remember that I put down a goal weight on the website - it's kind of funny that I'm almost at that goal weight now.

Anyway I started on the date above, January 10th 2019. I began my diet doing both keto and counting my calories. I set a goal of 1650 calories a day since i was mostly sedentary, and if I recall correctly this was quite a deficit. Along with that, I did the strict keto diet for awhile, <20 carbs a day. Starting off with the strict keto diet was super important in changing my eating habits. I completely cut out garbage food like soda, candy, white bread, and lots of other crap. Completely avoided all of those food types. I don't remember how long I did that for, but It must have been ~2-3 months before I eased up on it. After that, I went into a mostly low-carb kind of attitude, think I let myself up to 50 carbs a day, and probably never above 100. I enjoyed this significantly more since it opened the door to tasty fruits and veggies and an occasional potato, candy bar, chicken nuggets, etc. I continued tracking my calories, checking my weight, following my diet until around mid July 2019. I was very diligent up until this point, the website I used has 175 days logged in consecutively.

I'd occasionally put my weight onto the website, but I definitely slacked off in that department, so the numbers there probably aren't accurate. If my memory serves me correctly, it was at some point in July where I decided to start incorporating fasting into my diet. I do have a blog on jsp that seems to indicate my first extended fast was in early july. I did extended fasting (72+ hours) and lost the rest of the weight I wanted to lose. I think I ended up at around 170-180, I do know I never went below 170. It was at this point that I looked at myself in the mirror and felt satisfied with myself. After I finished my diet, I developed my current eating habits. I normally intermittent fast; I very rarely eat breakfast and normally have lunch at 3:00+. I try to do an extended fast (72+ hours) every couple of months. And the food I eat is significantly healthier. My current diet normally consists of: nuts, seeds, fish, oysters, fruits; vegetables like sweet peas, green beans, brussel sprouts and spinach; occasionally red meat, pork or chicken; and tasty treats once in awhile like protein bars. The past few months I've been extra relaxed in my eating habits and indulged in a lot of unhealthy food, but I'm back on track now - and at the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. Also it's probably worth mentioning that I would drink alcohol occasionally, but it was neither frequent or in excess. As of right now, I have a very low interest in drinking. And if I were to go back and diet with the knowledge I have now, I would definitely had fasted the majority of my weight away, instead of going on the normal calorie deficit.

In terms of my diet and losing weight, this mostly concludes where I am today. As a guy who's been fat since middle school, I've never felt better than I do now in my entire life. It's funny when i hear people dread getting close to 30, but I'm feeling pretty great and things are only looking up from here on out. B)
Aug 30 2020 08:33am
My vasectomy appointment is for the 11th 😌
Aug 31 2020 04:16pm
I went for a nice 6 mile walk at a local park today, very comfy.
Sep 1 2020 12:25pm
I haven't been to work in over a week, the warehouse is slow so I've just been taking voluntary time off; I've been enjoying reading and relaxing!

finished this book last week, help me i don't want to be abused!

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 1 2020 12:46pm
Sep 1 2020 06:03pm
Walked 4 miles in a hour, very nice leisurely late afternoon stroll 😌
Sep 2 2020 03:01pm
A friend's mom of mine asked me to write down what I eat for 3 weeks so she can get an idea of what I did to lose all my weight, so I've been doing that. With that in mind, I'm around 10 days in and I decided that instead of just copy-pasting the food journal, I'd rather just list what I've been eating so I can collect my thoughts on my current diet and add/improve to it.

Nuts and seeds:
Walnuts, cashews, dark chocolate almonds, pistachios, pecans, pepitas, flaxseed, brazil nuts, and chia seeds
Veggies:
sweet peas, green beans, spinach, carrots
fruits:
clementines, prunes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, goji berries, dried apricot
Meats:
Canned tuna, canned sardines, canned oysters, kipper-snacks, eggs
Dairy/alternatives:
Milk, protein powder, almond milk, soy milk, occasionally cheese products
Processed garbage:
Protein bars, metrx meal-replacement bars, v8 (even though i h8 it)
????:
Peanut butter, dark chocolate, olive oil

These are what have been showing up often in my regular diet. I have had pork/beef once or twice in the past 10 days, but I'm working towards having less of those - and at the same time working towards buying higher quality versions. I don't think I'll ever give up eating beef or pork, but I'm going to start considering it a treat. I also want to start eating less of the protein bars I have. Every couple days I also have some dumb silly store-brand snack which I'll probably completely give up, they always taste way too sweet and it's not even satisfying anymore. I much prefer raspberries or blackberries if I'm fiending for something sweet.

Moving forward, I want to include more of the following:
Fresh fish, salmon, shrimp, turkey, chicken and yogurts
Beans, chickpeas and lentils
Broccoli, brussel sprouts, perhaps potatoes/sweet potatoes, and just more variety overall

Off the top of my head this is what I've thought up so far. Going to start working on this next time I go to the grocery store. I'm at a weight I'm comfortable with but I've been exercising to build muscle so I'm attempting to up my daily calorie intake, which is kind of low for my weight/height. I've been aiming for 2000-2500+ each day, but I don't really have a huge appetite anymore so it's kind of annoying and I've been adding extra calories with pure olive oil :drool: Overall I'm quite satisfied with my current diet, but there's always room for improvement. I also don't really cook much right now with what I eat, and cooking is an activity I actually enjoy, so I'm gonna have to work on that.

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 2 2020 03:06pm
Sep 2 2020 09:32pm
i am growing in power
Gold: 455.10
Warn: 10%
Sep 3 2020 10:43am
gratz yupeh =)
Sep 3 2020 10:49am
Quote (xBx @ Sep 3 2020 12:43pm)
gratz yupeh =)