d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Hydra Sorc
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,364.75
Aug 13 2020 12:59am
Anyone have a good build, suggestions or caveats? What should i put my extra skill points into? my main gear is more +skill dmg / - res% fire facets (e.g. 6x 30/-30 fire faceted sword, instead of a +6 hydra orb, which I also have) but i'm not sure if that is generally optimal. its hard to get accurate testing done. not sure if a +skills and +dmg/-res setup is optimal or just go for +dmg/-res until the cap of -150% fire res in pvp.

Also, i put my extra points into enchant so this toon could have a dual purpose. She has +6 chant orb, +6 ormus extra and an almost maxed lvl chant but she doesn't seem to cast much chant dmg. I have a lot of +fire skill gear but warmth is still base level one. I see you get 9% more enchant dmg per warmth level, but does that mean your party does too? is there an optimal amount of skills to put into each or would maxing warmth be better than maxing chant? I currently get a pretty negligible difference between the 9% from warmth and the increase from a hard point into enchant. Any advice would help! thanks
Gold: 45.00
Aug 13 2020 01:23am
Looks more like bad enchant sorc to me. Forget about bad enchant and focus on bad hydras instead
Gold: 2,364.75
Aug 13 2020 01:36am
Quote (wupa @ Aug 13 2020 03:23am)
Looks more like bad enchant sorc to me. Forget about bad enchant and focus on bad hydras instead

the chant is lvl 49-50 but still only does 2k. Not sure how you could really bet a better chant other than getting a +3 chant +3 fire mastery 2os orb or something. I guess I have to test if the fire damage increase from adding skills remains constant, and if so when is the +0.09% dmg from the warmth synergie more effective than the increase in damage from just skills. Also, do hydras suffer some pvp damage penalty (e.g. 1/6th or 17% in pvp for us)? Would it be the 50% penalty they put on mercs and skellies ect..? Hydras can really deal a ton of damage, three heads to a hydra and five hydras up that last for five seconds each; there is plenty wrong with their AI, though. I wish they would shoot farther, considering you can have guided arrows...but w.e..Never made a hydra sorc before, or a chanter so im not sure if the +fire skill % dmg from facets or an ormus would affect the fire damage a teammate receives. Dope insight, though, wupa ;) Anyone that could help me out a bit would be greatly appreciated :hug:
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll