d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Catacombs > Barb Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,102.05
Aug 12 2020 11:04am
Hello,

I'm currently lvl 61 with 100 vitality and 121 strength. I read that I get vitality up to 100 then put everything into strength, but I'm wondering if I need any dex? Isn't that the stat that gives you more critical hits?
Aug 12 2020 07:51pm
Another question: I'm at the point where I can't clear the monsters for my level. If I whistle for lower levels (like 55 or something) do I still have the chance for decent whites?
Gold: 30,554.15
Aug 13 2020 06:56am
Quote (thefeedski @ Aug 12 2020 12:04pm)
Hello,

I'm currently lvl 61 with 100 vitality and 121 strength. I read that I get vitality up to 100 then put everything into strength, but I'm wondering if I need any dex? Isn't that the stat that gives you more critical hits?

if your going off the old guide, its a little out of date. Your vit should be fine and yeah put everything else into str. Unless your using daggers/axes/etc.

Quote (thefeedski @ Aug 12 2020 08:51pm)
Another question: I'm at the point where I can't clear the monsters for my level. If I whistle for lower levels (like 55 or something) do I still have the chance for decent whites?

should be able to get solid whites at that level
Gold: 13,425.19
Aug 13 2020 07:18am
Quote (thefeedski @ Aug 13 2020 02:51am)

I would disagree with Sub here. Whistling at a lower level than you're at has a significantly reduced drop rate, so generally not worthwhile.
If you do not care for reaching MQ, the best way of doing this is to reach level 55 normally, then any time your experience hits ~70% or higher, die to mobs about 7-8 times over to go down to 5-10% and repeat. Usually better on a mage due to being able to heal up with heal charms.
However this strategy isn't for everyone as it's super grindy without any benefit other than drops.
Just doing 1-MQ gives you a sense of purpose, a level goal to reach and if you don't die will give proficiency bonuses which will stack up over time. Also gives guild points and still has potential for good drops.

Quote (thefeedski @ Aug 12 2020 06:04pm)
Hello,

With Barb, strength is ALWAYS better or at the very least equal to using dex, with one exception of using a polearm set.
Dexterity will increase the damage of daggers/staffs.
Whilst tests were done and putting stats in the wrong stat allowed you to get upto 10% crit, the damage potential was always less. Hence why we always recommend strength on barbs.
As some idea, you would need ~150 points of dex with 121 strength to get around an 8% crit chance with clubs/swords. This is much less efficient than just more strength.
Aug 13 2020 08:34am
Thanks for the help fellas.

Edit: wait, I dont even know what the master quest is. Is it just hitting max level?

This post was edited by thefeedski on Aug 13 2020 08:40am
Gold: 13,425.19
Aug 13 2020 09:22am
Quote (thefeedski @ Aug 13 2020 03:34pm)
Thanks for the help fellas.

Edit: wait, I dont even know what the master quest is. Is it just hitting max level?

you'll find out at level 71. Max level doesn't exist, especially when you can use level up maps.

Should you pass, just note the next class would need level 73 (+2 levels per class passed), although you may want to rerun barb again seeing the next class uses only daggers and swords. Using barb even on a character which has unlocked the next class will need only level 71.
Gold: 5,509.00
Aug 13 2020 12:10pm
Here is the link to give you all the knowledge ~ https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=24496799&f=74

First off I would like to help out by saving you a bunch of time on reading the above link so I posted below a quick example of what needs to be done.

You will buy gear and need Level 0/5/10/15/25/35/45/55 for each category "Armor, Charm, Weapon"

Stats adding whether in group or solo climbing
Level 1: First 10 points into vitality.
Level 2 to 71++ ADD to strength or dexterity depending on weapon type as this will increase damage you do.

Dagger/Staffs = Dexterity adds damage.
Axe/Swords/Clubs = Strength adds damage.

Armor Enhanced Effect -- as it increases the defense.
STAT Armors will give you more damage which you will use if you are not a "TANK" in a group climb. However for solo climbing I highly suggest enhanced effect armor.
Weapon you will use needs Enhanced Effect -- Important mod to get on your weapons. They add damage, which is what you use to kill. EE also helps if it's on Armor, as it increases the defense.
1st Charm slot will be Strength or Dexterity depending on the weapon type -- Strength & Dex adds to the damage you do, much like EE.
Accessory Slot Charm Enhanced Effect -- You will use a focused heal, heal, wild heal I specifically suggest getting focused heal with Enhanced Effect.
Melee characters have no use for Mana. When they have a heal charm equipped, they can use their Mana in order to gain back life. This allows for more battles before regen is needed.

Character GEAR type explanation on who can use what

Rogue -- All Weapon Types, Robes, Leather Armors, Scale Armors.
Fighter -- Club, Sword, Axe, All Armor Types.
Barbarian -- Club, Sword, Axe, All Armor Types.
Magician -- Staff, Dagger, Robe only.
Samurai -- Swords, Daggers, All Armor Types.
Paladin -- Swords, Axes, Clubs, All Armor Types.
Monk -- Dagger, Staffs, Robe only.
Ninja -- Sword, Dagger, Robe only.
Warlock -- Staff, Robe only.
Headhunder -- Axe, Leather Armor, Scale Armor and Robe.
Alchemist -- No Weapon, Robe only.

Commands in the game first press "enter to type"
/who now displays how long ago (in seconds) the user did they last action.
/who *ACCOUNTNAME
/msg *ACCOUNTNAME Message goes here
Where *ACCOUNTNAME is the users d2jsp account name.
/list characterlevel to search for other online players in your level range
/dnd to diable private messages if you want to slash in privacy

This post was edited by Bachelor on Aug 13 2020 12:11pm
Gold: 30,554.15
Aug 13 2020 12:39pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Aug 13 2020 08:18am)
I would disagree with Sub here

If you drop your monster lvl spawn you WILL NEVER FIND WHITES EVER EVER.

Well, it might be less whites dropping but if its the only way for you to level up then do it to it and you can find whites at any level. Even at whistling for lvl 55 monsters.

Go Back To Catacombs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll