d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Kamala Harris 2021 Thread
Prev1121314151619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 12 2020 05:17pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 12 2020 06:44pm)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/12/msnbcs_jason_johnson_kamala_harris_has_the_skill_set_expunge_all_the_trumpists_from_govt_and_courts_like_saddam_husseins_baath_party.html

Democratic media surrogates in 2020: “George W. Bush’s post-war administration of Iraq was excellent and we should replicate it at home in America.”
Also Democratic media allies: "Our side is the moderate and decent one, running against the abhorrent authoritarian Trump. Here's our plan for Stalinist purges once we are in power."

Here's the thing... Joe and Kamala are going to be too busy governing for this sort of nonsense. They won't have time for the petty grievances and paranoid witch hunts that the Trump administration has engaged in since day 1.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 12 2020 06:55pm)
You and IceMage are probably the only two persons genuinely excited about the Biden/Harris ticket ^_^

Quote (thundercock @ Aug 12 2020 07:05pm)
I mean, as former Republicans, it's kind of a dream come true, right? The ticket is tolerable yet potent enough to force the GOP to reform. It'd be a MUCH harder decision if Bernie was at the top of the ticket. If he was, I think I'd leave the country because America would be beyond redemption at that point.

Agreed. If Bernie was at the top I'd probably just write in someone. Joe is a center-left Democrat and Kamala doesn't hurt the ticket so I'm happy.

Of course, if it was up to me I'd rather vote for a moderate Republican who didn't engage in white grievance politics, who cared about the deficit, who was pragmatic and willing to comprimise, etc. But that person isn't on the ballot, and probably never will be.

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 12 2020 05:19pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 12 2020 05:26pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 12 2020 07:17pm)
They won't have time for the petty grievances and paranoid witch hunts that the Trump administration has engaged in since day 1.

So Trump is responsible for the witch hunts that went after Trump?

Welcome to Earth. Let me explain things to you.

Gold: 260.11
Aug 12 2020 05:41pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 12 2020 05:55pm)
You and IceMage are probably the only two persons genuinely excited about the Biden/Harris ticket ^_^

Just listened to Biden talk, and now Harris talk.

Fucking hell, this is a huge disparity. Biden can talk circles around Trump. It's really stark the contrast when you spend time on the internet. "He forgot where he is, he has dementia". Are we listening to the same person?

Harris sounds good. I honestly don't know much about her, but her speaking is decent.

Biden asked Harris to challenge his assumptions when she disagrees. That alone should be enough to convince anybody that he's going to be a better leader. Trump does not tolerate dissent and refuses to learn even basic things that are critically relavent.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about this ticket. Maybe that's my ignorance about Harris, but I think having adults speaking will be a huge contrast to Trump, and that will sway a loooot of people in the middle. (I hope)
Gold: 14,569.69
Aug 12 2020 05:44pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 12 2020 04:41pm)
Just listened to Biden talk, and now Harris talk.

Fucking hell, this is a huge disparity. Biden can talk circles around Trump. It's really stark the contrast when you spend time on the internet. "He forgot where he is, he has dementia". Are we listening to the same person?

Harris sounds good. I honestly don't know much about her, but her speaking is decent.

Biden asked Harris to challenge his assumptions when she disagrees. That alone should be enough to convince anybody that he's going to be a better leader. Trump does not tolerate dissent and refuses to learn even basic things that are critically relavent.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about this ticket. Maybe that's my ignorance about Harris, but I think having adults speaking will be a huge contrast to Trump, and that will sway a loooot of people in the middle. (I hope)

Black seems to be jumping down the trump man hole with both feet today. Harris must of pushed him over
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 12 2020 06:06pm
Quote (thundercock @ 13 Aug 2020 01:05)
I mean, as former Republicans, it's kind of a dream come true, right? The ticket is tolerable yet potent enough to force the GOP to reform. It'd be a MUCH harder decision if Bernie was at the top of the ticket. If he was, I think I'd leave the country because America would be beyond redemption at that point.

I totally get that. You like the GOP of the Bushes, McCain, Romney. Then Trump waltzed in, took over the party and refedined it in his own image. He took your toy away, so you want to get it back and want to see him and his friends punished, want to see everything he stands for rejected.

But if there still was an electoral market for neocons like GWB or McCain, or Koch-friendly fiscal conservatives like Romney/Ryan, then Trump's hostile takeover of the Republican party could never have happened to begin with. During the 2016 GOP primaries, the base firmly rejected the type of conservatism that you and IceMage prefer, and when I look at Trump's approval ratings with self-identified Republicans (which are skyhigh despite his endless list of blunders and shortcomings), I dont see any way back to the status quo ante, even if Trump is trounced in November.

These days, you two are probably best represented politically by the establishment-wing of the Democratic party.
Just my 2 cents...
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 12 2020 06:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 12 2020 08:06pm)
I totally get that. You like the GOP of the Bushes, McCain, Romney. Then Trump waltzed in, took over the party and refedined it in his own image. He took your toy away, so you want to get it back and want to see him and his friends punished, want to see everything he stands for rejected.

But if there still was an electoral market for neocons like GWB or McCain, or Koch-friendly fiscal conservatives like Romney/Ryan, then Trump's hostile takeover of the Republican party could never have happened to begin with. During the 2016 GOP primaries, the base firmly rejected the type of conservatism that you and IceMage prefer, and when I look at Trump's approval ratings with self-identified Republicans (which are skyhigh despite his endless list of blunders and shortcomings), I dont see any way back to the status quo ante, even if Trump is trounced in November.

These days, you two are probably best represented politically by the establishment-wing of the Democratic party.
Just my 2 cents...

Thunder can speak for himself, but I have absolutely no investment in the GOP. The Democrats turned out to be right... it's an party of white grievance that isn't capable of governing. It's the party of stupid. I don't think that's going to change for the foreseeable future, whether Trump wins or not.

Pretending every right-leaning person likes Bush, McCain, and Romney is lazy. Bush was a disaster as president, and McCain/Romney have the same flaws that all Republicans(including Trump) do. A needlessly abrasive and hawkish foreign policy, no real concern about the deficit, etc.

Establishment democrats have a far better record on the issues I care about, mainly the economy, fiscal sanity, and foreign policy. So yes, between the choice of a crazy, corrupt authoritarian cult and establishment Democrats, it's not a tough call. I'll take Obama over Bush, McCain, and Trump.

You want to make this a question of policy but for me it's not. It's character and competence. On my list of things wrong with Trump, his isolationist and protectionist tendencies don't make the top 20.
Gold: 14,569.69
Aug 12 2020 06:27pm
I cannot believe there is any discussion about Biden cognitive ability vs trumps. Wtf are you guys serious with this. Biden sounds like a normal person that has made a few mistakes. Trump BARELY speaks English. The two aren’t even comparable. Play trumps talk with Hannity up again Biden today About 24 hours apart. It’s like a college person vs a chimp. This talking point is dead
Aug 12 2020 06:42pm
And now I'm listening to Trump's address today. It is literally hard to pick out a single truthful thing that he has said in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah, every politician lies and tells half-truths, but Trump seems incapable of telling any truth

And on a personal note, dude needs to take a vacation. Like, I get the president doesn't really get vacations especially during a pandemic, but God he looks and sounds so tired. I feel kind of bad for him. He is obviously very exhausted

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 12 2020 06:43pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 12 2020 06:59pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 13 Aug 2020 02:42)
And on a personal note, dude needs to take a vacation. Like, I get the president doesn't really get vacations especially during a pandemic, but God he looks and sounds so tired. I feel kind of bad for him. He is obviously very exhausted

Yes, I said the same thing yesterday. Looks like total shit. Such low energy. Sad!
At this rate, I wouldnt be surprised if he just had a heart attack before election day. I really dont see how he could possibly get through another 4.5 years of doing this.

If the Democrats hadnt moved to the left on the issues at lightspeed, if they hadnt ramped up the craziness these past years and were just running on the Obama 2008 platform instead, this would be such an easy election.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 12 2020 07:00pm
Aug 12 2020 07:01pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 12 2020 07:59pm)
Yes, I said the same thing yesterday. Looks like total shit. Such low energy. Sad!
At this rate, I wouldnt be surprised if he just had a heart attack before election day. I really dont see how he could possibly get through another 4.5 years of doing this.

If the Democrats hadnt moved to the left on the issues at lightspeed, if they hadnt ramped up the craziness these past years and were just running on the Obama 2008 platform instead, this would be such an easy election.

Arguably, this has already been an easy election so far. If the poles don't go in Trump's favor and they stay the way they've been the entire time it's still an easy election
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll