d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Manufacturing A Crisis
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 11 2020 11:18am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2020 12:08pm)
I knew you missed me, but I never realized how much. Awww.

did u go some where? i legit have no idea what you're speaking of.
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 11 2020 11:20am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2020 01:18pm)
did u go some where? i legit have no idea what you're speaking of.

There, there. Don't worry. I won't call you out for trying to cover it up. :)
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 11 2020 11:28am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2020 12:20pm)
There, there. Don't worry. I won't call you out for trying to cover it up. :)

ive posted maybe 10 times in pard this week, been busy. legit have no idea what you're talking about. sounds like u finally got to take those crusty lungs outside for a bit tho so grats i guess.
Gold: 14,569.69
Aug 11 2020 12:08pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 11 2020 09:43am)

trump destroying the us postal service is a fact, i have linked several articles concerned with the topic. republican efforts to suppress voters are also well documented and openly admitted by leading republican strategists and leaders, and their refusal to secure elections against foreign meddling is also common knowledge - at least to anyone who has been paying attention and isn't completely deaf to everything one party does.

pretending this is based on a facebook meme is either highly disingenuous, or outright stupid, and i wouldn't be surprised if it's actually both with guys like you and trench boy...

To Fender's point..... Don't use mail.. Except FL its very secure and trustworthy.

FFS REALLY YOU IDIOTS BELIEVE THIS BS. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 11 2020 04:43pm
back in March, mail-in ballots seemed like they might be needed because of how the pandemic was ramping up. But after seeing how little spike happened after the protests/riots, I am backing away from that.

I think we can find a way to make physical voting safe enough. We have months to prepare the buildings. All you need to do is put up some plexiglass and keep the place well ventilated. Much of the country will even be warm enough to move the machines outside.

At this point, I'd say mail-in ballots would create more concerns than they alleviate.
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 11 2020 04:44pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 11 2020 03:43pm)
back in March, mail-in ballots seemed like they might be needed because of how the pandemic was ramping up. But after seeing how little spike happened after the protests/riots, I am backing away from that.

I think we can find a way to make physical voting safe enough. We have months to prepare the buildings. All you need to do is put up some plexiglass and keep the place well ventilated. Much of the country will even be warm enough to move the machines outside.

At this point, I'd say mail-in ballots would create more concerns than they alleviate.

What concerns do you have?
Aug 11 2020 04:47pm
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 11 2020 06:44pm)
What concerns do you have?

everything that was said in this thread before my post.

trump is (very clumsily and obviously) creating a situation in which he can (in true authoritarian fashion) suppress millions of votes, while simultaneously claiming a potential election outcome resulting in a loss would be illegitimate.
just like in 2016, he's already crying fraud without any proof, while doing everything in his power to ACTUALLY rig the elections in his favour: destroying the postal service, census shenanigans, massive voter disenfranchisement campaigns, deliberately not securing the elections against foreign meddling...

the whole conflict is being fought in an arena that doesn't need to exist in the first place

Just do things like they have been done in every previous election. we don't have a good reason to need to drastically alter things at the last minute. We can handle a few minor alterations (the changes I mentioned in my previous comment)
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 11 2020 04:53pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 11 2020 03:47pm)
everything that was said in this thread before my post.

the whole conflict is being fought in an arena that doesn't need to exist in the first place

Just do things like they have been done in every previous election. we don't have a good reason to need to drastically alter things at the last minute. We can handle a few minor alterations (the changes I mentioned in my previous comment)

I didn't see much substance so you'll have to link me.

I think some states will be good to go with mail-in voting. Some states will probably struggle but I have to imagine there will be less poll workers this year since most poll workers are old AF. Personally, I couldn't care less if it takes 2 weeks to know who the President is so it's up to the media to set expectations correctly.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 12 2020 01:10pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 12 Aug 2020 00:43)

even if that were true (which it isn't), it'd be by design. trump did everything in his power to make it so - which is the point of this thread.

also, if you really don't get why in person voting, with republicans closing as many polling stations in democrat leaning areas as they can, making sure as few people vote as possible, resulting in voters having to wait in line for hours, while a global pandemic is going on, you simply don't WANT to get it. it's funny how 'american exceptionalism' (making sure everyone has a safe and convenient way to vote - something even third world countries manage better than the US, lol) always completely fails when it's politically convenient for those that believe in it the most...

This post was edited by fender on Aug 12 2020 01:11pm
Aug 12 2020 01:25pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 12 2020 03:10pm)
you simply don't WANT to get it. it's funny how 'american exceptionalism' (making sure everyone has a safe and convenient way to vote - something even third world countries manage better than the US, lol).

As I started by saying, I would have agreed with mail voting in March. So, I get it, there seemed to be evidence of a potential safety risk. But after see how things have played out, the alleged "safety risk and inconvenience" of in-person voting is mild compared to the conflict presented by mail voting.

If you do not think that this conflict over mail voting is that big a deal, then why are you even bothering to make a thread?

The potential "safety risk and inconvenience" of having to vote the same way we always did is not that big a deal. We are adults, we can figure out how to structure a polling station so that there will be no packed indoor crowds. We aren't talking about schools or sports. Voting is only one night and only takes a couple minutes. And it's for an important thing. The whole idea that in-person voting can not be done safely is just a myth.

Are you saying that there are no concerns that the fight about mail-in ballots could be damaging for the country?

The default option is to keep doing something the way it's been done until we have a good reason not to. Right now, we don't have a good reason to make major changes (we do have a reason to make minor changes like I mentioned)

This post was edited by Kayeto on Aug 12 2020 01:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll