d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Brainfarting
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 11 2020 06:33pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 12 2020 02:26am)
In theory you could freeze it to an arbitrarily low temperature as long as there was absolutely no disruption.

Absolute zero is not physically possible because of the quantum mechanical nature of electrons, but I get you mean an arbitrarily low temperature.

The full physics of water isn't fully defined, so if you want the full story you'd have to go do research on the subject to get more information and develop a better theory.

of water? OF WATER? so only water does this :wacko: ? also im not really that good on researching stuffs, i just ask weird questions and hope someone helps :blush:

and yes, when i said "absolute zero" i just meant low as fuck, as low as it can get :wacko: i remember there was some reason we cant go to absolute zero, i dont know what reason i know theres a reason :blush: !

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Aug 11 2020 06:46pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 11 2020 07:02pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Aug 11 2020 07:33pm)
of water? OF WATER? so only water does this :wacko: ? also im not really that good on researching stuffs, i just ask weird questions and hope someone helps :blush:

and yes, when i said "absolute zero" i just meant low as fuck, as low as it can get :wacko: i remember there was some reason we cant go to absolute zero, i dont know what reason i know theres a reason :blush: !

The reason we can't get to absolute zero is somewhat easy to explain.

Electrons are waves. Waves have energy. You can't remove all the energy from the electron without it not being a wave anymore, so the only way to make the electrons go to absolute zero would be to destroy the electrons and have nothing. So if you have electrons, you have energy, so no substance with electrons can go to absolute zero.

Yes, the full physics of water is not fully figured out. The thing about science is it's an approximation. Always. So no matter how much we think we understand something you can always zoom in further and find inconsistencies. Even our best theories don't work at all temperatures, pressures, speeds, etc. A theory is always simpler than reality and so there's always somewhere you can look for an inconsistency.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 11 2020 07:06pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 12 2020 03:02am)
The reason we can't get to absolute zero is somewhat easy to explain.

Electrons are waves. Waves have energy. You can't remove all the energy from the electron without it not being a wave anymore, so the only way to make the electrons go to absolute zero would be to destroy the electrons and have nothing. So if you have electrons, you have energy, so no substance with electrons can go to absolute zero.

Yes, the full physics of water is not fully figured out. The thing about science is it's an approximation. Always. So no matter how much we think we understand something you can always zoom in further and find inconsistencies. Even our best theories don't work at all temperatures, pressures, speeds, etc. A theory is always simpler than reality and so there's always somewhere you can look for an inconsistency.

ah i get it :blush: ! so the electron energy is small but its there, so close to zero yes, zero no :unsure: !

but what if i try this same thing with some other liquid? like alcohol for example :blush: !

edit: holy shit, -114 C :wacko: okay, not alcohol..

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Aug 11 2020 07:10pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll