d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > New To Poe!
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 205.00
Aug 1 2020 02:38pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Aug 1 2020 07:17am)
most the builds tagged budget/starter friendly are anything but.

if you don't have a strong dislike for minion playstyles your best bet for an easy all around character that starts strong and can skill infinitely would be a necromancer (witch)
similar easy to play and minimal 'work' are totem builds
both allow you to do damage via minions/totems while paying attention to your character. the game is primarily one shot mechanics so avoidance is the name of the game - you can never make a character that will be able tank everything.
both those styles don't require a ton of flask management either where-as just about everything else requires heavy flask usage and management

if you want a melee build there are fairly cheap cyclone builds with various starting classes/ascendancy as well as lacerate gladiators that can both do all content with minimal investment.

this particular league is all about crafting and unfortunately crafting is very complex and not explained in-game at all so you will have to do a ton of outside research and use multiple 3rd party sites and databases - which is why this league is such a big failure because majority of people don't want to do all that shit they just want to play the game.
that being said you can skip all league content if you want, the downside being you miss a lot of opportunity for upgrades.

i disagree with minion build as starting its so passive and you dont really learn any of the mechanics cus you jsut stand there waiting for minions to do shit for you
Gold: 61,337.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 1 2020 03:10pm
don´t try to get into the - extremely complex while same time very very powerful - crafting mechanic

poe is complex, no :lol: game like d3 or something, so learning basics about skill trees, builds, interactions with stats / items, leveling through acts, capping resistance ( most important ), ascendency classes and mapping comes first

... this should take time, usually you can expect a season ( = 3 month or so ) to have a good understanding on the basics ( assuming you are not a no-lifer, in this case it might be faster )

... if you are okay with minion builds i´d suggest something from that, almost any type of summoner / necromancer ascendency will do fine

... melee ... well yes the good old cyclone, although "pseudo melee" like frost blades gladiator works well without much invest

... or do "essence drain / contagion" trickster, works without much invest as well, although this concept is well different

... if you like bows -> do not start "ranger" class, this is no good starter, in this case try "toxic rain / caustic arrow" trickster ( shadow base class )

... there are hundreds of builds, youtube offers some nice starter tips ( maybe ziggyd, engineering eternity or esoro )

-> do not try and follow hardcore players, like mbextreme, mathil or like empyrian gaming ( lol ^^) they will not help at all as starter :D

but now gl, if you want to invest some time you will have a great experience, as this game offers so much content ( although the publishing company from time to time

releases really strange mechanics as its in the current season the case .. but every 3 month there will be a new season with basically a complete new mechanic,

so np )

final note :

if you want something dirty cheap as possible you could go "miner" way, but warning : this is a playstlyle many ppl ( myself included ) do not like,

but with miner ( shadow class, saboteur ascendency ) you can go cheap as fuck ( few builds can get that far with minor invest, but the playstyle ... yy :D )

This post was edited by 0x00 on Aug 1 2020 03:15pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 1 2020 11:34pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Aug 1 2020 10:01am)
also dont even start poe if you dont have at least one phd of mathematical type :mellow:

Why don't you leave poe section? Literally never contribute anything with substance that's relevant to poe.
Gold: 205.00
Aug 2 2020 02:07am
Quote (CallMeBigDaddy @ Aug 1 2020 10:34pm)
Why don't you leave poe section? Literally never contribute anything with substance that's relevant to poe.

dont feed the trolls
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 2 2020 04:05am
Quote (Da5id1an @ Aug 2 2020 10:07am)
dont feed the trolls

dont blow my cover :cry:
Gold: 6,723.69
Aug 4 2020 01:31pm
A loot filter is Quality Of Life +10.000%
Guides help, I find them nice. I've never played on softcore so my builds have always leaned towards survivability :-)

Excellent starters, in my opinion anyway, are ancestral warchief chieftain and SRS necromancer. You can later respec SRS to the more powerful animate weapon or spectre build, which are also minion-based.
Stay away from bow characters. A cheap bow build is a bad bow build. They're fun, but they require serious investment to work well.
..And they tend to die when I use them. That's kind of bad on Hardcore ^^
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll