d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Best Anime Of All Time For You ? > Im Curious
Prev167891022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2021 06:04am
I've never been a fan of the anime genre. Moreover, I treated him as lightly as possible, believing that these "cartoons" are designed exclusively for children, maximum adolescence. Oh gods, I've never been so wrong. Once I decided to watch Death Note. I was interested in the description and rating. And what's the difference that it is 2006 - it's never too late to discover masterpieces for yourself. So I thought and launched the first episode ... Death Note is a story about what can happen if such a magical artifact is in the hands of a genius, sociopath and psychopath with a God complex. Agree, the idea is very interesting and unusual! From this series my love for anime began.
Jan 14 2021 01:28pm
1. The ghost in the shell universe
2. Neon genesis evangelion
3. Berserk
4. Akira
5. Cowboy bebop
Jan 14 2021 01:39pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 3 2020 12:02am)
Death Note is probably my all-time favorite anime, but this is an insanely tough question and there are so many amazing shows that I wanted to list 10 of my all-time favorites.

Berserk - The first anime outside of DBZ I watched and what got me hooked on the genre.

Code Geass - seriously flawed, but the closest thing I ever found to Death Note and a perfect ending.

Samurai Champloo - Beautiful in every way and the likeness of the protagonists and my brother and me made me fall in love with this show.

Steins Gate - Brilliant and the second anime I watched. Berserk pulled me in and this sealed my undying love of the genre.

Cowboy Bebop - An absolute classic and with how well written, acted, and drawn it was, it mostly avoids that overly dated feeling that comes with shows from the same period.

Hellsing Ultimate - I loved this show to begin with, but like DBZ, it was made infinitely better by TeamFourStar and their abridged series. Anyone who's a fan of the show and hasnt seen it should do it now.

Monster- Gritty, dark, suspenseful, and gorgeous. I watched this only once and during a pivotal portion of my life. Maybe it wouldn't hold up if I watched it now, 10 years since the previous viewing, but I want to believe it would.

Hunter x Hunter- Easily the best and most memorable Shonen there is. I know we're all praying this will be completed some day and even if it takes another 20+ years, I'll be just as excited as the first time I saw Gon punch Hisoka.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood- I loved the original but even as a non-manga reader I was devastated by what they did to it. They redeemed it so hard and this show was fucking perfect.

And #10 is a copout, but I gotta do.

Shonen in genea - As much as I hate aspects of the genre, I absolutely fucking adore it overall. Even when it's bad, boring, or lazy, I still find enjoyment in it and get sucked in during the epic moments. Whether it's the older YuYu Hakusho, which is almost hard to watch, the middle Naruto/Bleach, or the new school Fire Force, Black Clover and My Hero, I fucking love them when they're good and I'll deal with the filler and the boring as ass end arcs because they've already sucked me in.

Honorable Mentions

Attack on Titan - I need to see how they finish this. If it's half as fo as I hope, it'll make the top 10.

Demon Slayer - This could be on par with HxH if it continues the way it has, but need to see more.

One Punch/Mob Psycho - Both are amazing and funny, but not funny enough or engaging enough for top 10 yet. We'll see how the anime progresses.

Parasyte- I don't have a single bad thing to say about this show. It should probably be on the list, but hard man.

JoJo - JSP finally convinced me to watch this masterpiece and ai am eternally grateful, you guys rock for this one.

Future Diary - What can I say, I like fucked up shit.

You'd probably enjoy Black Lagoon, Ga Rei Zero, Baccano!, Darker Than Black, Paranoia Agent, Ergo Proxy, ...

This post was edited by BannyMcBannerson on Jan 14 2021 01:40pm
Feb 26 2021 09:12pm
naruto
Banned
Warn: 10%
Mar 4 2021 05:40am
I've never been a fan of the anime genre. Moreover, I treated him as lightly as possible, believing that these "cartoons" are designed exclusively for children, maximum adolescence. Oh gods, I've never been so wrong. Once I decided to watch Death Note. I was interested in the description and rating. And what's the difference that it is 2006 - it's never too late to discover masterpieces for yourself. So I thought and launched the first episode ... Death Note is a story about what can happen if such a magical artifact is in the hands of a genius, sociopath and psychopath with a God complex. Agree, the idea is very interesting and unusual! From this series my love for anime began.
Gold: 32,965.25
Mar 4 2021 10:46am
I loved Death Note's first opening
Gold: 85.00
Mar 6 2021 08:52pm
For me:

Dragon Ball
DBZ
Samuray Champloo
Hellsing
Bleach
Goblin Slayer

And for nostalgia >> Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Won't ever watch it again tho.
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2021 08:03pm
Quote (CrudeValeant @ Jul 14 2020 09:24pm)
for me

1.dbz
2.naruto
3.solo leveling
4.death note
5.Vampire Knight

let me know ! :)

1.Dbz, cuz we all acknowledge the almighty
2. Berserk, i hope we see the end
3. Devilman crybaby, I wasnt prepared for that
4. Code Geass / Death Note' Where my superiority complex comes from
5.Attack on titan