d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Brand New To Programming > Tips Welcomed
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jul 12 2020 04:53am
Hey guys, I have decided to teach myself programming, I will start studying officially February 2021 and I am searching for a bit of Help with these questions:

What programs should I learn initially?
Which program paths should I consider?
What do I need as far as programs to start?
Are there any free resources (programs, videos, apps) that you have found useful?
What tips would you recommend for a started?
And, lastly, which paid resources would you recommend (if any) to start initially?

Thanks for taking the time to look guys, any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Gold: 1,772.00
Jul 13 2020 01:30am
Quote (SNCPubliC @ 12 Jul 2020 13:53)
Hey guys, I have decided to teach myself programming, I will start studying officially February 2021 and I am searching for a bit of Help with these questions:

What programs should I learn initially?
Which program paths should I consider?
What do I need as far as programs to start?
Are there any free resources (programs, videos, apps) that you have found useful?
What tips would you recommend for a started?
And, lastly, which paid resources would you recommend (if any) to start initially?

Thanks for taking the time to look guys, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Some of the questions don't make much sense. Learning programming is more about learning the concepts, not a learning a certain "program".
I would recommend starting with Python to get a feel of what programming is. I cannot recommend a specific "resource", but I am certain there will be many free python tutorials online you can follow.

All you need in order to start programming with Python is Python itself, which is really easy to install. Install version 3 of Python because version 2 is no longer supported as of recently.

Considering your questions, my general tip would be to focus on learning concepts, not specific "programs". Knowledge from one programming language is very transferable to another, as long as you know the concepts.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll