d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Paying Fg For Help With Idea > Shouldnt Be Too Hard?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33,275.11
Jul 11 2020 01:41pm
Hi i wanna explore on an old idea ive had for a sports-betting system.

I got zero experience with any type of coding so im willing to pay FG if anyone is interested.

Send me a PM or leave a post if interested.

Short end on the idea:

Collect data on upcoming sports marches
Sort out what matches to bet on based on X,Y,Z criteria
Collect info on what odds those matches would get
Finished product should be a ticket/list with upcoming matches with an optimal amount of matches vs odds

This post was edited by MongoBarnet on Jul 11 2020 01:50pm
Gold: 12,935.00
Jul 11 2020 05:03pm
Quote (MongoBarnet @ 11 Jul 2020 21:41)
Hi i wanna explore on an old idea ive had for a sports-betting system.

I got zero experience with any type of coding so im willing to pay FG if anyone is interested.

Send me a PM or leave a post if interested.

Short end on the idea:

Collect data on upcoming sports marches
Collect info on what odds those matches would get
Finished product should be a ticket/list with upcoming matches with an optimal amount of matches vs odds

that could be the difference between a millionaire project vs $5 hobby project

if you want actual help from here, you need to be a lot more specific what criteria you want, where the data can be obtained from, etc.

This post was edited by Klexmoo on Jul 11 2020 05:04pm
Gold: 11,996.69
Jul 11 2020 05:34pm
yes, find an API for sports betting
Jul 12 2020 03:26am
Quote (Klexmoo @ 12 Jul 2020 01:03)
that could be the difference between a millionaire project vs $5 hobby project

if you want actual help from here, you need to be a lot more specific what criteria you want, where the data can be obtained from, etc.

Yes indeed, thats why i wanna find someone to partner up with before sharing all the details.

Whoever i work with will obviously get the criteria etc

About where to find data, i have used this site chich conatins more or less all the info needed about all the upcoming matches: https://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/schedules.html

I have no idea if they have an API you could use or if its possible to get the info from the site without API. I havnt done any research on this because i have never used an API

Whoever wanna work with me is absolutely going to have to do more or less all the work when it comes to finding the data, i cant really help there. The systematic side of the betting however would be my part in this.

I dont mind paying K's in FG as long as i get what i want. And i really dont mind if my partner would also place bets using the same systems etc if he/she finds it to be valuable to them as well.

Hope this makes things more clear.
Jul 12 2020 03:28am
Quote (moutonguerrier @ 12 Jul 2020 01:34)
yes, find an API for sports betting

How? Never looked for it before, im sure its possible to find, dont you think?

I could try to google "Sports betting api" but im pretty sure (like 99.99999% sure) that if its that easy, then it would be alot better if my future partner could do that as he/she would know what to look for.

Woopsie didnt mean to double post, was trying to edit my comment.

This post was edited by MongoBarnet on Jul 12 2020 03:28am
Gold: 169.00
Jul 12 2020 10:52am
Just googled the requirement you need.

There is a bunch of free APIs available for it.

If you want to get into the programming this is really cool task to start with. You might wanna do this - it is more beneficial then gambling :)

I can assist you along the way, just post the issue you are facing.
Jul 12 2020 01:03pm
Thanks but for now id rather pay someone in FGs if possible
Gold: 91,307.78
Jul 18 2020 01:20pm
Quote (MongoBarnet @ Jul 12 2020 03:03pm)
Thanks but for now id rather pay someone in FGs if possible

So their not wrong, there are a ton of APIs (yes finding an API is easy) to collect sports data for whatever sport.
The hard part is building everything else once you have the data and is it even the right data or do you have to build a custom API and data scraper.

Id be interested closer to September, but more curious of what you mean by this.
If you want to see my credentials I can link you a couple projects I did or if you want an NDA. I don't need to know the idea
but for me to be interested I'd have to better understand specifically the above.
Jul 18 2020 01:42pm
Quote (voidqueen @ 18 Jul 2020 21:20)
So their not wrong, there are a ton of APIs (yes finding an API is easy) to collect sports data for whatever sport.
The hard part is building everything else once you have the data and is it even the right data or do you have to build a custom API and data scraper.

Id be interested closer to September, but more curious of what you mean by this.
If you want to see my credentials I can link you a couple projects I did or if you want an NDA. I don't need to know the idea
but for me to be interested I'd have to better understand specifically the above.

Will pm u more details :)
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll