d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends >
Poll > Macro Vs Micro Play
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 33,247.00
Jul 10 2020 10:09pm
Was talking to some friends on discord about this, curious to know what you guys think.

I myself think I'm better at macro than micro which is why I main support with jungle secondary (trying to adc main now)
Gold: 34,965.09
Jul 10 2020 11:30pm
you do need at least some kind of baseline micro to not be putting yourself into situations that instantly fuck you over, but I think you'll climb much higher and much more easily with solid macro, especially if you communicate some of your ideas with your team to get them on the same page. You can't 1v5 for objectives in most cases. Micro has been getting less and less valuable as the game progresses, but can obviously pay off sometimes.

The potential for gaining a gold/exp lead by winning lane still exists, but they've made a lot of changes that decreased that potential. One of the worst things is that if the enemy is behind and they picked one of the over done reworked champs... they can often still just win in situations that shouldn't even be possible just from come back mechanics + being over tuned, and they don't even need any sort of exceptional micro for that

This post was edited by Harua on Jul 10 2020 11:36pm
Gold: 22,393.07
Jul 11 2020 04:43am
Dont need good micro.
Just aram mid with veigardaddy

But in all honesty it really depends on the champs you play.
Micro is the fine tuning to your play. Some champs inherently require more mechanics to do well..

As people have been getting better mechanically, and the baseline has improved quite a bit, there is less room for outplay potential.
I do feel like increasing focus on my micro play really is helping me a ton though.
Laning mechanics with kayle is super important ~ figuring out ways to manipulate waves, lane spacing, etc.... So I dont fall behind every single game.
Some games u can legit win just from freezing top for 15 minutes.

This post was edited by potentate on Jul 11 2020 05:11am
Gold: 14,140.00
Jul 11 2020 08:21am
Good macro but bad micro.
i think this will win more games
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Jul 11 2020 09:12am
depend on the champ!

Marco is farming and objectives and knowing when to room? or not farming?
Macro is runes+items builds?

Teemo nn to micro alot, only shroom placement macro
Heimer just needs to run to lane, and micro when it happens, this macro is not alot of macro, like turret placement
Gold: 34,965.09
Jul 11 2020 07:25pm
Quote (potentate @ 11 Jul 2020 03:43)
Dont need good micro.
Just aram mid with veigardaddy

But in all honesty it really depends on the champs you play.
Micro is the fine tuning to your play. Some champs inherently require more mechanics to do well..

As people have been getting better mechanically, and the baseline has improved quite a bit, there is less room for outplay potential.
I do feel like increasing focus on my micro play really is helping me a ton though.
Laning mechanics with kayle is super important ~ figuring out ways to manipulate waves, lane spacing, etc.... So I dont fall behind every single game.
Some games u can legit win just from freezing top for 15 minutes.

those top lane freezes used to be way more devastating. Now these fuckers can go off the map for like 10 minutes.. and when they finally start getting waves again they get bonus exp for being behind and actually come back in levels super fast. There is so much incentive to play defensive and stall when behind. You get rewarded for it more than you should. Of course when you're in the lead/have a chance to get objectives you better take em though.
I've had a situation where I was support and was apart of multiple kills and the enemy laners died a few times... they actually fucking passed me in levels like 7 mins in despite the fact I died 0 times and they were in the lane for less time. There's some really stupid mechanics at play there. I believe they hit level 4 while I was still 3 and there wasn't any enemy minions left in the lane.. It's actually insane

it's very rare to be able to make enemies completely irrelevant compared to how it used to be. If i'm up like 100 cs back in the day.. i'd probably be something like level 13 vs their 8 or w/e. That kind of difference is basically impossible now, even if you royally fuck them up every time you see them. They'll probably be like level 11 still and depending on the champ.. still might have a legit chance of 1v1ing despite how dogshit they played before hand
Gold: 2,647.74
Jul 11 2020 10:03pm
A player with good macro but bad micro can climb pretty high with most champions in the game. The opposite is the reason why you have people permastuck in low elo with bazillions in champion mastery. No one gives a fuck that you can pull a clean insec or flash a malphite ult if you're a brainless turd.
Gold: 22,393.07
Jul 12 2020 04:40am
Quote (Harua @ Jul 11 2020 06:25pm)
those top lane freezes used to be way more devastating. Now these fuckers can go off the map for like 10 minutes.. and when they finally start getting waves again they get bonus exp for being behind and actually come back in levels super fast. There is so much incentive to play defensive and stall when behind. You get rewarded for it more than you should. Of course when you're in the lead/have a chance to get objectives you better take em though.
I've had a situation where I was support and was apart of multiple kills and the enemy laners died a few times... they actually fucking passed me in levels like 7 mins in despite the fact I died 0 times and they were in the lane for less time. There's some really stupid mechanics at play there. I believe they hit level 4 while I was still 3 and there wasn't any enemy minions left in the lane.. It's actually insane

it's very rare to be able to make enemies completely irrelevant compared to how it used to be. If i'm up like 100 cs back in the day.. i'd probably be something like level 13 vs their 8 or w/e. That kind of difference is basically impossible now, even if you royally fuck them up every time you see them. They'll probably be like level 11 still and depending on the champ.. still might have a legit chance of 1v1ing despite how dogshit they played before hand

Idk. I feel like the same could be said about the team thats freezing.
Essentially you are gaining 1/3 a kill in gold every single wave + exp adv at 0 risk.

If they dont break the freeze (lets be real, no jungler will help top lane out) your forcing them to either force objectives/fights or gimp their jungler by top lane stealing camps.
Exp wise yes its easier than before with those changes to make up the exp disadvantage, however the gold discrepancy will still be there.

I always say u can get diamond pretty easily with someone decent macro.. Not always the case with micro/mechanics.
Thats why I tell people to play veigardaddy.
Depending on the champ you play you can still be super impactful with sub-optimal mechanics, as opposed to something like a riven.

People are alot better mechanically than say S1-2 so you dont see as much pop-off solo kills as before.
As you get higher and higher in diamond/master/challenger, the room for error shrinks as people are better at identifying and exploiting those micro discrepancies.
(Standing in wrong effective ranges, bad wave management, wrong trading patterns/timings etc)

This post was edited by potentate on Jul 12 2020 04:59am
Gold: 500.00
Jul 12 2020 09:12am
gonna say macro, made it to d1 as a jungler who can't smite along time ago ^_^
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll