d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Make Gps Useful
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,305.79
Jul 4 2020 11:39pm
Looking to get some conversation/suggestions on what guild points could be used for. But would be cool if they could be used, for anything. If something good could probably attract more players to the game.

If you vote please leave input as to why yes/no.

Guild rewards for guilds as a whole?
Individual rewards?

This post was edited by Pick on Jul 4 2020 11:42pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2020 12:00am
Yes this could be a great way to bring people to ladderslasher but it would take time unless you can redeem it for fg or something really interesting
Gold: 67,673.34
Jul 5 2020 12:43am
Nah jsp (and by extension Ladder Slasher) already has a functional currency in the form of FG
Guild Points have a single function and that is to be used as a scoring system for moving up the ladder and this is exactly how it should be in my opinion.
Any such rewards/guild rewards should/could still be discussed but only in the form of an FG sink IMO

Making Guild Points usable for anything other than what they currently are would have a few adverse effects in my opinion.

It would serve to divide slashers. Solo-ers (especially those whose goal isn't exactly getting gps, like BWC) would be unfairly penalized simply because they take longer to get gps. Sure this encourages them to get into group climbs more often but I see that as more of a detriment to their play style.

I'm not a huge fan of game boosts as rewards as they seem either game breaking or useless. I mean then they would give you an advantage over other players for either guild points/prof/items/classes or just be ineffectual and forgotten.

I suppose I wouldn't be completely opposed to the idea of some kind of cosmetic on the forums or in game but to me both of those things make more sense to me to be bought with FG. The few things that have been added were met with push-back from either Njag or the rest of the forums as a whole.

voted hell no personally but I guess I would need to see what kind of rewards we're talking about exactly to really be for or against it.
Gold: 14,287.52
Jul 5 2020 01:29am
Voted yes!

I always like to joke with people who make it to xxxx gps earned "What are you gonna spend it on?" but in all seriousness, I think it would be great to have it be useful as a form of currency. It would also personally be nice to have it be useful for something since currently I don't really like MQing because GPs are more or less worthless and I like feeder classes better than unlocked classes... Having GPs be useful for something could change that.

I think an important consideration would have to be how it helps ladder slasher function as a gold sink, because no matter how nice the idea sounds to slashers, it has to either:
1) make people want to spend more fg on ladder slasher or
2) have a cost in fg in addition to GP cost.

Otherwise, why should Paul waste his time on this suggestion :P

I think both could really work well though, and I think the possibilities for getting both veteran slashers and people who don't slash yet to care about GPs are really endless. I wanna see what you guys put out there before I suggest anything. But I have some ideas :evil:
Gold: 31,200.10
Jul 5 2020 11:36am
for me kinda depends on what the "useful" aspect would be.

As for that, might be some kind of backlash. For instance, you might not get a gp if you fail mq. IF indeed the gps are immensely helpful.

Interesting idea tho Pick
Gold: 8,666.98
Jul 5 2020 07:43pm
Presently undecided in voting as there are other things that I consider more important, but, besides that I am not against the idea.

Guild Points = More for a "Guild" benefit than an individual reward, thus the reward should be for "Guild" benefits.

Master Quest = More for individual benefit, so maybe there should be a reward and record for the amount of Master Quests a member has completed and that is the total amount that an individual could be rewarded for.

Then there is "whistling", this has diminished the reward of completing a Master Quest, before it took hard work and time to get to Master Quest whether it was solo'ing or in a full group, now it is just a tool for speed runs. Note: this is just my personal view, considering the only thing I find rewarding in this game is gaining Prof points, and it is harder to gain them (outside of Skills) compared to the past updates.

I think the Guild as a whole benefits by using the collection of points earned, maybe have a "Guild Vault Access" for a period of days where guild members can transfer to others in guild even if they do NOT have a vault, but, this would be a one off thing.

Certainly many others can come up with some more ideas, I will keep an eye out on this suggestion even if it has been mentioned several times.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 6 2020 03:03am
I’ve only ever wanted them to be account bound. You earned them they should stay with you. Would make recruiting more fun and change the first page around drastically.
Gold: 366,140.70
Trader: Trusted
Jul 6 2020 04:16am
Quote (PowerTripped @ 6 Jul 2020 11:03)
I’ve only ever wanted them to be account bound. You earned them they should stay with you. Would make recruiting more fun and change the first page around drastically.

pretty sure that was suggest many times in the past and never got implanted

but yeha i love the idea , since you made the points and not the guild

on topic, would be nice to see more use in gps as in the current form, but what would be good?

everything which is game/climb related would be hard to balance and the gap between guilds would be to big
cosmetics? could be possible
new stars for like 100/200/500/1k/2k/3k/4k gps bench mark ? or an extra symbol behind our names
get a free vault 30days every 100 gp?

many idea could be possible, but the only idea which i see could happen is the extra "star" rest would be less money/fg for paul or to much work

This post was edited by killerkrug on Jul 6 2020 04:21am
Gold: 50.71
Jul 6 2020 08:19am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jul 6 2020 05:03am)

yea even if the total earned was in parenthesis and could only use the ones in your current guild

I actually like the idea, but like others have no clue what we would use them for
could be skins
Retired Moderator
Gold: 442.30
Trader: Trusted
Jul 6 2020 08:31am
They should be used to unlock certain perks in the guild like idk colored rank or extra guild topics, etc!

Yes!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll