d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Happened To Bbc
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jul 9 2020 11:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 9 2020 01:26pm)
if the definition for a leftist/rightist outlet is no bringing up divergent views on their platform from the opposite fringe then no biased outlets exist. the more biased the outlet in my experience the more fringe voices they bring in for panels because it causes the most severe reactions from their base audience.

Hannity and the surfer guy 🤔
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 9 2020 11:49am
Quote (fender @ Jul 9 2020 06:01am)
i love how the clueless american right is trying to portray the bbc as some kind of leftist outlet, when in reality it regularly platforms racist dickheads and reactionary ideologies...

reminds me of ben shapiro getting humiliated on the international stage for making similar assumptions when interviewed by an ultra conservative host on bbc.

I'm re stating the fact I think this "fake news" "left bias" is just a mask for not believing in science and or actual facts.
If any source disagrees with trump boot licking it's biased or fake.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 9 2020 12:50pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 9 Jul 2020 19:16)
It sounds like you're not happy with them bringing on conservatives to voice their views. I for one don't see an issue with it. A variety of views ought to be presentable on a news network though they ought to be challenged for the accuracy of their claims regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are on.

you completely missed what i actually commented on, in favour of some inaccurate and irrelevant assumption of my personal position.

my point here is that it's a joke (as in, a very inaccurate assessment, obviously rooted in either ignorance or willful misrepresentation) that right wingers are trying to portray the BBC as some kind of leftist outlet, as it not only gives conservatives ample opportunity to present their ideas, but actually elevates demonstrably wrong positions (lies) by platforming them unchallenged.

this is in no way a comment on what i would want the bbc to be. i'm merely calling bullshit on efforts by right wing nutjobs to dismiss every outlet as biased (or 'fake') that does not 100% uncritically support their fucked up ideology, with the obvious aim to erode any confidence left in media, and make people even more susceptible to outright propaganda.

for the record, i think the bbc should absolutely keep presenting 'both sides' of the argument, but ffs also challenge them directly, fact check them, and provide some context.
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 9 2020 12:51pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 9 2020 11:50am)
you completely missed what i actually commented on, in favour of some inaccurate and irrelevant assumption of my personal position.

my point here is that it's a joke (as in, a very inaccurate assessment, obviously rooted in either ignorance or willful misrepresentation) that right wingers are trying to portray the BBC as some kind of leftist outlet, as it not only gives conservatives ample opportunity to present their ideas, but actually elevates demonstrably wrong positions (lies) by platforming them unchallenged.

this is in no way a comment on what i would want the bbc to be. i'm merely calling bullshit on efforts by right wing nutjobs to dismiss every outlet as biased (or 'fake') that does not 100% uncritically support their fucked up ideology, with the obvious aim to erode any confidence left in media, and make people even more susceptible to outright propaganda.

for the record, i think the bbc should absolutely keep presenting 'both sides' of the argument, but ffs also challenge them directly, fact check them, and provide some context.

they don't like orange man..they are biased and FAKE NEWS!
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2020 02:37pm
I usually get my resources from BBC. The journalist write articles all strait down the middle. Not the type of news that takes illegal PAC money to back up 1 party. But there news has been biased lately as the current issues in the US are going way out of hand. Its like you can't even walk outside without worrying about somebody that wants to start a fight with you. The US is out of control.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll