d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Disconnect Keep The Map
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,176.60
Jul 6 2020 03:41am
yes, and we should add it for mutes as well
this just happened to me just now and lost the mute and won't let me log out(have to refresh screen to log back in)and lose where i had placed all my char boxes mute boxes ect
d/c msg in pic
http://prntscr.com/tcmkuu
Gold: 0.00
Jul 6 2020 10:20am
Quote (low-ki @ Jul 6 2020 05:41am)
this just happened to me just now and lost the mute and won't let me log out(have to refresh screen to log back in)and lose where i had placed all my char boxes mute boxes ect
d/c msg in pic

Vouch
Gold: 321.95
Jul 6 2020 02:11pm
If you d/c while playing yea sure would be cool.
If you d/c while afk just sitting in town no.
Gold: 70,681.31
Jul 6 2020 03:28pm
Quote (low-ki @ 6 Jul 2020 11:41)
d/c msg in pic

yeah item location is saved in your browser when you press logout . When you d/c or refresh it does not. So my guess is there is no chance to get these issues fixed until there is some kind of saving mechanism on the server every few seconds to roll back to.

offtopic:
i get that friggin 10006 disconnect aswell, atleast twice a day. Mostly something breaks - rod, mute or glyph
Gold: 8,892.68
Jul 6 2020 03:51pm
Quote (Spankyhaze @ Jul 7 2020 08:11am)
If you d/c while playing yea sure would be cool.
If you d/c while afk just sitting in town no.

Interesting, what if you are regen'ing in town and you get DC'd? is that still acceptable? What if you afk in the maze instead of town?

I can understand prolonged afk being a "no" option, but as stated earlier also, what if person has gone to the toilet, or have a life and putting out washing or heading off to the shops for more cigs, snacks or refreshments?

I think it could have a "Save Game" option which logs you out, and you can "Load Game" when you get back, but, if you afk for too long, you have a higher chance of DC'ing game... but again, this could cause issues with "roll back" where the coding could be an issue.

Not arguing your points, they are valid, but there are other things to consider.
Gold: 321.95
Jul 6 2020 04:24pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 6 2020 04:51pm)
Interesting, what if you are regen'ing in town and you get DC'd? is that still acceptable? What if you afk in the maze instead of town?

I can understand prolonged afk being a "no" option, but as stated earlier also, what if person has gone to the toilet, or have a life and putting out washing or heading off to the shops for more cigs, snacks or refreshments?

I think it could have a "Save Game" option which logs you out, and you can "Load Game" when you get back, but, if you afk for too long, you have a higher chance of DC'ing game... but again, this could cause issues with "roll back" where the coding could be an issue.

Not arguing your points, they are valid, but there are other things to consider.

Well if you are regening then it should allow you to keep your maze.

Allow me to clarify what I mean. I dont think you should be able to afk like all night while you sleep then come back to the same maze. Altho theoretically you should be able to afk in town with no d/c and return to your maze. ( ofc on pc that is ) but most of the time you d/c at some point in the night.

But I suppose since you should be able to just afk in town and keep maze I dont see why it would change anything if it saved the maze. So I just changed my own mind! :rofl:
Gold: 8,892.68
Jul 6 2020 04:36pm
Quote (Spankyhaze @ Jul 7 2020 10:24am)
Well if you are regening then it should allow you to keep your maze.

Allow me to clarify what I mean. I dont think you should be able to afk like all night while you sleep then come back to the same maze. Altho theoretically you should be able to afk in town with no d/c and return to your maze. ( ofc on pc that is ) but most of the time you d/c at some point in the night.

But I suppose since you should be able to just afk in town and keep maze I dont see why it would change anything if it saved the maze. So I just changed my own mind! :rofl:

:) have to smile, I do the same thing changing my mind.

Had a bit more thought about "Save Game" / "Load Game" function... it should actually be "Save MAP Game" / "Load Last MAP Game" ... also, Paul could add in a "Fee" for this function... so you pay 5 forum gold to "Save/Load MAP Game".

Just a thought.

EDIT: this is only available to that specific character, and I believe can only be accessible to solo only... not sure how group Map running could be adjusted, I believe that if one person gets 1006 / 1005 during a group Map game, I believe it does NOT happen to full group... maybe others can verify this or not.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 6 2020 04:39pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 6 2020 08:29pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 6 2020 06:36pm)
:) have to smile, I do the same thing changing my mind.

Had a bit more thought about "Save Game" / "Load Game" function... it should actually be "Save MAP Game" / "Load Last MAP Game" ... also, Paul could add in a "Fee" for this function... so you pay 5 forum gold to "Save/Load MAP Game".

Just a thought.

EDIT: this is only available to that specific character, and I believe can only be accessible to solo only... not sure how group Map running could be adjusted, I believe that if one person gets 1006 / 1005 during a group Map game, I believe it does NOT happen to full group... maybe others can verify this or not.

I like the idea of a fee what I think is that wells and trap door maps would be fun to keep lets say you find a well you need and want to save it for later a save map would be nice

But I was really aiming toward.disconnecting while slashing rather than afk. Can be useful either way
Gold: 105,555.55
Jul 7 2020 02:20pm
Quote (sp_patl @ 6 Jul 2020 23:28)
yeah item location is saved in your browser when you press logout . When you d/c or refresh it does not. So my guess is there is no chance to get these issues fixed until there is some kind of saving mechanism on the server every few seconds to roll back to.

offtopic:
i get that friggin 10006 disconnect aswell, atleast twice a day. Mostly something breaks - rod, mute or glyph

same, usually causes me to stop muting or fishing for that day...
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll