d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Preseason Games Canceled
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Jul 3 2020 09:52pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 3 2020 03:47pm)
They're still in talks about canceling all of the preseason games this year and going straight into the regular season.

Also in talks about not having the full 90 players per roster during training camps. I've read stuff that said they might only have 70-80 players instead.

It's going to be really hard for UDFAs and bottom of the roster players this year.

Ya it sucks for low tier players this year for sure if they do that. I can't see how logistically they could do it in a safe social distancing without doing something like the NBA is doing with a literal on-site lockdown and testing daily. Its a crazy situation for the teams and leagues and players. Some will lose their last or only chance due to this crap too.
Gold: 1,942,106.70
Jul 4 2020 03:19am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Jul 3 2020 11:52pm)
Ya it sucks for low tier players this year for sure if they do that. I can't see how logistically they could do it in a safe social distancing without doing something like the NBA is doing with a literal on-site lockdown and testing daily. Its a crazy situation for the teams and leagues and players. Some will lose their last or only chance due to this crap too.

At the same time though. Those bottom of roster players may also have a better in game opportunity in some situations because starters are gonna be missing games because of positive tests.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll