d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Another One
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Jun 30 2020 09:00am
WASHINGTON - Researchers in China have discovered a new type of swine flu that is capable of triggering a pandemic, according to a study published Monday in the U.S. science journal PNAS.

Named G4, it is genetically descended from the H1N1 strain that caused a pandemic in 2009.

It possesses "all the essential hallmarks of being highly adapted to infect humans," say the authors, scientists at Chinese universities and China's Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

From 2011 to 2018, researchers took 30,000 nasal swabs from pigs in slaughterhouses in 10 Chinese provinces and in a veterinary hospital, allowing them to isolate 179 swine flu viruses.

The majority were of a new kind, which has been dominant among pigs since 2016.

The researchers then carried out various experiments including on ferrets, which are widely used in flu studies because they experience similar symptoms to humans, principally fever, coughing and sneezing.

G4 was observed to be highly infectious, replicating in human cells and causing more serious symptoms in ferrets than other viruses.

According to blood tests, which showed antibodies created by exposure to the virus, 10.4% of swine workers had already been infected.

The tests showed that as many as 4.4% of the general population also appeared to have been exposed.

The virus has therefore already passed from animals to humans but there is no evidence yet that it can be passed from human to human, the scientists' main worry.

God damn China.

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/new-swine-flu-found-china-has-pandemic-potential

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 30 2020 09:05am
Gold: 10.55
Jun 30 2020 10:48am
Fucking china i swear.

Yet they wanna talk about 'how great they handled covid' only allowing it out of their country to the rest of the world. And here we go again.
Jun 30 2020 10:51am
Quote (Queefy @ Jun 30 2020 12:48pm)
Fucking china i swear.

Yet they wanna talk about 'how great they handled covid' only allowing it out of their country to the rest of the world. And here we go again.

I know COVID-19 started in Wuhan, but it is most likely that it transferred due to people not cleaning the animal well enough before consuming it.

Animal-to-human virus transfer seems to be the best way to make a pandemic. These genetic jumps tend to occur in places like China, who doesn't value health or safety when preparing food. This is a lesson we're unfortunately experiencing time and time again.

I honestly think if Europe opens its borders to China, that is a mistake just waiting to happen. (Which will happen in 2 days..)

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 30 2020 10:52am
Gold: 10.55
Jun 30 2020 11:10am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 30 2020 09:51am)
I know COVID-19 started in Wuhan, but it is most likely that it transferred due to people not cleaning the animal well enough before consuming it.

Animal-to-human virus transfer seems to be the best way to make a pandemic. These genetic jumps tend to occur in places like China, who doesn't value health or safety when preparing food. This is a lesson we're unfortunately experiencing time and time again.

I honestly think if Europe opens its borders to China, that is a mistake just waiting to happen. (Which will happen in 2 days..)

No doubt, and they knew about it and didnt tell anybody except the WHO who apparently tried to help keep it quiet until they couldnt anymore. But yeah, opening the borders will definitely be a mistake at this point.
Gold: 6,078.00
Jul 1 2020 12:58pm
China has COVID-19 under control. It's not a mistake by the EU to open the borders. EU is wise to not open the borders to the USA which is home to only 4% of the worlds population but 25% of the COVID-19 cases. In fact with Drumptard saying "slow down the the testing" it's likely the USA has far more actual infected people.

People ignorantly claim China's numbers are "fake" with literally no proof except for shadows on the tinfoil hat, but the USA's numbers are far more likely to be inaccurate according to all international and even domestic experts. Even our closest allies are scared of us now over how much we fucked this shit up.

#USA
Jul 1 2020 01:02pm
Quote (judson04 @ Jul 1 2020 02:58pm)
China has COVID-19 under control.It's not a mistake by the EU to open the borders. EU is wise to not open the borders to the USA which is home to only 4% of the worlds population but 25% of the COVID-19 cases. In fact with Drumptard saying "slow down the the testing" it's likely the USA has far more actual infected people.

People ignorantly claim China's numbers are "fake" with literally no proof except for shadows on the tinfoil hat, but the USA's numbers are far more likely to be inaccurate according to all international and even domestic experts. Even our closest allies are scared of us now over how much we fucked this shit up.

#USA

And you know this how? I'm curious.

Also I wouldn't recommend Europe to open its borders to anyone, let alone China nor USA.

It's not like they care anyways, they just want to make that tourist $$$$.

Also I'm not blaming China, if that's what you took from my post. Pandemic viruses can happen anywhere, Mexico, USA, India, etc. But the notion that USA is also solely to blame is ridiculous considering the amount of Chinese population that travels to the US, and also has properties/real estate in the US.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jul 1 2020 01:04pm
Jul 1 2020 01:11pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jul 2 2020 03:02am)
And you know this how? I'm curious.

I currently live in China and have been for a while (from USA tho)

As far as Chinese tourism goes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the USA pandemic. China shut that shit down so quick also travel has been incredibly restricted. Americans passed the virus to themselves from lack of proper protocol it has nothing to do with Asian Tourism and in general China and Asia as a continent are very vigilant, wear masks and overall safer than Americans.

We might as well call it Florida Flu as it's a more appropriate considering this single state has more than China's entire country. (before you cite "fake" numbers remember USA's numbers are guaranteed to be the fakest on the planet)
Gold: 79,366.46
Jul 1 2020 01:16pm
Quote (judson04 @ Jul 1 2020 02:58pm)
China has COVID-19 under control. It's not a mistake by the EU to open the borders. EU is wise to not open the borders to the USA which is home to only 4% of the worlds population but 25% of the COVID-19 cases. In fact with Drumptard saying "slow down the the testing" it's likely the USA has far more actual infected people.

#USA

Is anyone really arguing that the U.S. did a good job though? You're beating a dead horse lol.
Jul 1 2020 01:17pm
Quote (Terps @ Jul 2 2020 03:16am)
Is anyone really arguing that the U.S. did a good job though? You're beating a dead horse lol.

The OP is a 3 word phrase cursing China
Jul 1 2020 01:22pm
Quote (judson04 @ Jul 1 2020 03:11pm)
I currently live in China and have been for a while (from USA tho)

As far as Chinese tourism goes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the USA pandemic. China shut that shit down so quick also travel has been incredibly restricted. Americans passed the virus to themselves from lack of proper protocol it has nothing to do with Asian Tourism and in general China and Asia as a continent are very vigilant, wear masks and overall safer than Americans.

We might as well call it Florida Flu as it's a more appropriate considering this single state has more than China's entire country. (before you cite "fake" numbers remember USA's numbers are guaranteed to be the fakest on the planet)

Wait, hold up.

I know Americans are shitty at taking precautionary measure for pandemic situations. Hell, Trump is the perfect example of that at the Tulsa rally.

The problem with that is the COVID-19 can spread easily via just one person. I'm pretty sure there are tourists from China, who have come to USA, not knowing they have the virus, and spread it unknowingly. That is a possibility.

The COVID-19 strain can spread and mutate, we've witnessed that.

Also, people from Florida are reckless, but the majority of them are actually tourists who don't know better.

I get your points, I didn't mean to attack China. I mean shit if there was a pandemic arising from Korea, I'd post that shit up too.

Quote (judson04 @ Jul 1 2020 03:17pm)
The OP is a 3 word phrase cursing China

Dude, come on man, there's been far WORSE things that people have said about China.

Shit Kimtown has made fun of my Korean ethnicity countless times.

You really going to be pressed about God Damn China?

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jul 1 2020 01:25pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll