d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Bring It Back > Bringing Back A Great Topic
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55,124.55
Jun 30 2020 02:31pm
Well I started because of my dad, Therunman. He wanted gps in G4L so he started playing. I remember being extremely upset that he would be willing to play such a basic looking game. Just the sounds that came from him hitting the monsters squish...squish...squish made me very angry.

After a couple days I decided if I was going to be so obstinately against it i should play it to have a better idea of what I'm complaining about. The game wasn't as easy as it looked and I ended up getting sucked into the black hole of constant gear upgrades to make the climb as easy as possible.

^BWConformity helped me learn the basics and ^Partyplanner helped me learn about different aspects of party play but it wasn't until ^ladd3r and NGtoni pulled me into a group climb that I really got into the climbing aspect of the game.

^Slushslush and ^Subwolf22 were slashers I met in various Partyplanner climbs but they quickly became some of my best slashing friends. Making friends helped me eventually leave G4L to enjoy the game as an experience rather than just a medium for earning guild points. ^Bob888 organized and invited me to my first Mirror Maze.

I guess it's just hard for me to pick one person.
Gold: 305.97
Jun 30 2020 02:39pm
Can't remember how/when/why I started but I know wigwam and the TT guys and their deep game knowledge drove the passion to play long after my time in the guild ended.
Gold: 5,684.04
Jun 30 2020 08:56pm
The grinders
PVM
Big time gods

I don’t remember anyone in particular that made me want to play more.

Honorable mentions that made a big impact.

^james84
^powertripped

There is quite a few others that I guess influenced me but those are major 2
Gold: 5,461.47
Warn: 30%
Jun 30 2020 10:53pm
Person who got me into LS was probably someone from hands of divinity. They were mentioning how easy it was to make fg. The good old bait.

I wouldn't have been brought to jsp though in the first place if it weren't for a friend on d2 who sent me an e-mail of how to use d2jsp and trade items and make fg to buy other items.

When I figured out how to do it, it was amazing. NO more making public games offering a full inventory of junk for an ulm rune.

Then I quit. 5 years ago I came back and did a climb with Paparick and some others just once on ventrillo. I got 1 guild point extra and walked away for another year. Came back after my video card burnt out and I couldn't play league of legends anymore until I got it fixed so I started playing ladder slasher again and found that people were still playing. I had nothing and hylianhero and Justin decided to help me out getting started. Then Autism told me about all the nice gear he had still after all these years and before I could take a good look and understand it all he deleted all his characters lol.

Good times. Many cool people in ladder slasher to play with. It's nice to get a good mix of people and then have fun talking. I couldn't play ladder slasher unless I'm talking to someone at the same time. Just not fun for me.
Gold: 12,112.02
Jun 30 2020 11:44pm
for me it was https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=428228# aka Neil and the whole KAS guild and we pushed each other and we became great I Love you guys for all the fun we had super great times. Kaspir your right kicked serious A$$ dude nothing like a powerhouse hybrid. Seeing everyone with all the great gear they had really pushed me to get my own and wreak havoc in slasher omg i miss the old way to climb in waves and the arena sorely missed.

This post was edited by threesomes on Jun 30 2020 11:52pm
Gold: 31,200.10
Jul 1 2020 02:43pm
I decided to check it out one day when got temp ban on bnet.

I pm'd Fault (furfur) for some starter info. Was a former guildie and the only one that played LS for that guild at that time.

Fall of 2009 I did a few climbs, got stuck on monk. Stopped about December.

I got back into the game in 2014.

Got no help and in no climbs.

Finally got some help from SmokeyStoney (basssiej), which was the season he reset.

I cant say any inspired me but I have too many to thank for helping here and there.
Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
Jul 1 2020 04:01pm
Quote (threesomes @ Jul 1 2020 01:44am)
for me it was https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=428228# aka Neil and the whole KAS guild and we pushed each other and we became great I Love you guys for all the fun we had super great times. Kaspir your right kicked serious A$$ dude nothing like a powerhouse hybrid. Seeing everyone with all the great gear they had really pushed me to get my own and wreak havoc in slasher omg i miss the old way to climb in waves and the arena sorely missed.

I remember a few conversations with players from other guilds, we were praised after our uprising quite a bit by many friends. Especially when renamed to Illuminati. That guild took off and soared in gps so quickly, I think we began the swfit kick in the ass in others, and much stronger guilds formed after us. We definitely earned our reign through all that hard work (clicking). It was very much enjoyable for me while it lasted, and all of you will always be remembered by me!

Beer beer beer beer... beer... beer beer.. beer... BEEEEERRRRRHHH! *special note for you big daddy. Alot of beers consumed together.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 442.30
Trader: Trusted
Jul 1 2020 04:06pm
My old old guild I was in: Off The Mark
Gold: 0.20
Jul 1 2020 04:51pm
I can't remember, somebody remember when I first made RaminarDixon?

Quote (Cheeya @ 30 Jun 2020 04:20)
Amber my guild leader got me into hc and helped me get where I am. I just started cuz it was on the site lol

What ever happened to her?
Gold: 944.53
Jul 1 2020 06:47pm
I thank BigDuke6 for keeping me on LS. Other honorable mentions:

Moojilshu

Ilikeitlikethat

Irishgoddess69

SharpDeath.

James84

nesben

eze

TJ_Toughguy and of course Buf!

Ancient Blood accepted me and then the LS HC community allowed me to move on.

ForgottenSlashers for lending me a ton of gear and many fun climbs.

Honorable Mention - PapaRick

He always made me laugh. I feel I made a bunch of virtual friends on game. Then I went afk for 5+years. Nice to reconnect with players like Spankyhaze and Low-ki.

Ill shut up, love the LS community! Happy in Oasis as I continue to develop friendships.

Chip

This post was edited by chipper10 on Jul 1 2020 06:49pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll