d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Ethernet Doesn't Have A Valid Ip Configuration
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,305.01
Jun 27 2020 06:50pm
So for the past few days our internet has been until this morning when someone came to look fix it. When it was down we thought maybe it was the modem so we took the Spectrum store and they gave us a new one to try. It wasn't the modem. So the guy came out this morning and said something about a "filter" being on the cable's line and a frequency change to help deal with more people using the internet in our area. They changed the frequency on their end but not ours. So he took the filter off and then fixed the issue.

After he fixed the problem my computer immediately connected to the internet. It was working fine until my sister tried to use the internet on her computer. It gave her this error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". We reset the modem and it worked. Later I unplugged my computer/Ethernet cable because of a storm going through and logged on after the storm passed. It then gave me the same error as my sister. I reset the modem and now it's working.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on? And how can I fix it?

Edit: Don't know if this matters at all but when we are both connected to the internet it says she is connected to Network 4 and I'm connected to Network 5.

This post was edited by holyspawn on Jun 27 2020 06:52pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Jun 27 2020 09:03pm
Assign ips to each devices Mac address
Gold: 4,305.01
Jun 28 2020 06:28am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jun 27 2020 11:03pm)
Assign ips to each devices Mac address

ISP ended up fixing it

Thanks though
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll