d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > New Osrs Player > I Would Like To Stay A While And Listen!
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 930,081.00
Jun 27 2020 12:45am
(If you respond, please respond knowing that I am a complete noob so please talk like youre talking to a layman.)

Hey everyone!

I recently started playing OSRS. I might have played this game once upon a time for a very small time period but I know/knew nothing.

I dont mind being a p2p player but currently Ill be f2p so that I can understand this game.

So I am looking for some advice!

Ive gone ahead and done some intro quests. I needed 10 quests points to unlock GE. Ill be honest I would not have been able to do some of those without help from the internet.

I also started mining iron in Varrock and made some scratch while I was waiting for play time on my account so that I could use GE.

After that I leveled up my ATK, DEF, STR so that I could wear mithral set.

Once I unlocked GE I started flipping some volume items and currently have about ~400k coins (is this gp?)

The only places that I have visited so far are Lumbridge/Varrock/Port Sarim/near by areas linking these areas.

This game is slowly growing on me. But I also feel a little directionless.

Getting more gold is currently something I am focusing on, but I am not sure what to spend it on.

What are some things that I should do as I grind and grow and work towards improving my understanding of the game.

Thanks and I hope to be learning a lot from you guys.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 27 2020 12:54am
Hello welcome to Runescape :)

Yes the runescape currency is called "GP"

What you should be working towards is a good question.
It really depends on how many hours you can put into the game.
If you play alot i would say gather enough money to buy a Bond. 1 Bond provide 14 days membership and cost around 4,5m right now i think.

The reason i think it's a good plan to earn your first bond is that you get to learn about the game how to get coins etc.

Senior Moderator
Gold: 18,044.69
Trader: Mediator
Jun 27 2020 01:17am
Google "osrs optimal quest guide"
and follow that, it gets you through the early game pretty well and makes it so you don't waste alot of time doing early grinds :D
goodluck and wish ya the best
Gold: 7,981.10
Jun 27 2020 01:32am
Dont rush to the end game...

Enjoy the journey!
Jun 27 2020 04:28am
Quote (staking @ Jun 27 2020 01:54am)
Hello welcome to Runescape :)

Yes the runescape currency is called "GP"

What you should be working towards is a good question.
It really depends on how many hours you can put into the game.
If you play alot i would say gather enough money to buy a Bond. 1 Bond provide 14 days membership and cost around 4,5m right now i think.

The reason i think it's a good plan to earn your first bond is that you get to learn about the game how to get coins etc.

I know that there are a lot of videos on getting a bond as f2p etc and grinding towards it. It honestly is a good goal, however I feel like I am not ready for it since once I get there, I wont know what to do anyways.

I understand that the p2p content is apparently very vast and aawesome etc Ive seen so much educational videos on it but I think a bond will be useless until I learn the game. But I see what you mean.

Quote (Udsuna @ Jun 27 2020 02:17am)
Google "osrs optimal quest guide"
and follow that, it gets you through the early game pretty well and makes it so you don't waste alot of time doing early grinds :D
goodluck and wish ya the best

This sounds like a plan as well. So I can do some quests and not flop around headless and then when Im not doing those go through the gp grind.
Im at around ~500k right now mostly through flipping in GE. It's been a good learning experience but naturally so far I am only flipping things which I am aware of and have used etc myself.

Today, I made most of the 500k simply by purchasing the ingredients for pizza bread from GE, making it, then selling it back in the GE. There was a +50-80 (varied quite a bit through different times of day) gp profit per which felt like a good margin.

I forsee myself doing more of that above to grind GP since that has thus far seemed to me to be the quickest method to get some coin.

I tried selling feathers and that for sure works, i.e buying them from vendor in Sarim and selling them in GE but selling like, 50k feathers took a whole day at 3gp. It was nice when I was super low on coin though since its low investment.

This post was edited by mandarkkk on Jun 27 2020 04:29am
Jun 27 2020 04:46am
Question.

I was at GE and one of the guys there was saying that he wants to buy bulk LAW rune at X price (160).

I saw that the BIN price for it in the GE was less then the price that he was offering (150).

Why wouldnt he just buy it himself from the GE?
Jun 27 2020 05:34am
Quote (mandarkkk @ Jun 27 2020 06:46am)
Question.

I was at GE and one of the guys there was saying that he wants to buy bulk LAW rune at X price (160).

I saw that the BIN price for it in the GE was less then the price that he was offering (150).

Limit. You can only buy so many per 4 hours or something I think
Trader: Trusted
Jun 28 2020 02:50am
Quote (mandarkkk @ Jun 27 2020 12:46pm)
Question.

there is a buy limit in the g.e.
so certain items can you buy like 2 each 4 hours
others 20.000 each 4 hours.
so some players will pay alil extra to get help with the g.e limit.

But please do keep in mind this can be used to scam aswell.
That being said i have not seen this scam in osrs yet.
But only help players if they ask for common items. Could be skilling supplies etc.

Avoid helping people with weird items.
Jul 1 2020 05:59pm
Im still learning and growing my game sense and slowly making my way up so that I am ready to get my first bond.

What I want to ask is, I see a lot of places on the internet where you can buy and sell osrs gold. Are those legitimate?

Does anyone here make real money from this game?
Gold: 3,385.00
Jul 1 2020 06:19pm
Quote (mandarkkk @ Jul 1 2020 06:59pm)
Im still learning and growing my game sense and slowly making my way up so that I am ready to get my first bond.

What I want to ask is, I see a lot of places on the internet where you can buy and sell osrs gold. Are those legitimate?

Does anyone here make real money from this game?

It’s against the in games tos, but yes you can make money selling your in game wealth at the risk of being banned. Personally I’ve sold 3.5 billion gp and never caught a ban.
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll