d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Oprah- "what You White People Don't Understand"
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,374.00
Jun 23 2020 03:48pm
Quote (Terps @ Jun 23 2020 03:36pm)
You can have your opinion, and people can explain why they disagree.

If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then you need to toughen up and not be such a snowflake.

Being called a racist and not being able to handle somebody disagreeing with you aren't the same thing Terps.
Gold: 10,240.84
Jun 23 2020 05:16pm
Quote (SaF7 @ Jun 23 2020 05:48pm)
Being called a racist and not being able to handle somebody disagreeing with you aren't the same thing Terps.

Dis
Gold: 79,366.46
Jun 23 2020 08:51pm
Quote (SaF7 @ Jun 23 2020 05:48pm)

Interesting. Let me review the context of the post I quoted to make sure we're on the same page, since you seem to be arguing against a point that I am not making.

Welcome to America where you’re entitled to your opinion but it better be the right one or ur racist

So when you read this post, you do not interpret the usage of the word "racist" as an expression of objection or disagreement? How would you read it then? Do people usually call each other racist when they agree or are indifferent to an unpopular opinion? For instance, do people usually high-five and call each other racists as a term of endearment?

My interpretation is that Degens is lamenting how he feels like he can no longer have an unpopular opinion without being called racist—the word "racist" being an expression of disagreement in his example. It sounds to me like he's triggered by people who accuse unpopular opinions as being racist.

In any case, all of this is beside the point. My point is that people are going to exercise their first amendment rights, and if that upsets you, then you need to work on fortifying your mental defenses. You can't control what other people say, but you can always control how you react. I think it's a good lesson for everyone to learn—especially snowflakes who feel like they can't have an opinion just because it's unpopular.

--

As a side note: I feel compelled to point out the irony that Oprah had an opinion and was criticized as racist by hydro, but when hydro has an opinion that is called racist, suddenly the "oh my, I guess you can't have an opinion anymore without being called a racist" argument suddenly applies lol.
Gold: 8,346.00
Jun 23 2020 08:55pm
Quote (Terps @ 23 Jun 2020 22:51)
Interesting. Let me review the context of the post I quoted to make sure we're on the same page, since you seem to be arguing against a point that I am not making.

So when you read this post, you do not interpret the usage of the word "racist" as an expression of objection or disagreement? How would you read it then? Do people usually call each other racist when they agree or are indifferent to an unpopular opinion? For instance, do people usually high-five and call each other racists as a term of endearment?

My interpretation is that Degens is lamenting how he feels like he can no longer have an unpopular opinion without being called racist—the word "racist" being an expression of disagreement in his example. It sounds to me like he's triggered by people who accuse unpopular opinions as being racist.

In any case, all of this is beside the point. My point is that people are going to exercise their first amendment rights, and if that upsets you, then you need to work on fortifying your mental defenses. You can't control what other people say, but you can always control how you react. I think it's a good lesson for everyone to learn—especially snowflakes who feel like they can't have an opinion just because it's unpopular.

--

As a side note: I feel compelled to point out the irony that Oprah had an opinion and was criticized as racist by hydro, but when hydro has an opinion that is called racist, suddenly the "oh my, I guess you can't have an opinion anymore without being called a racist" argument suddenly applies lol.

For instance, do people usually high-five and call each other racists as a term of endearment?

also, Yes
Gold: 4,374.00
Jun 23 2020 09:48pm
Quote (Terps @ Jun 23 2020 08:51pm)

--

I'm gonna let you have this one because it's 4 different paragraphs and looks like you've spent a lot of time on it.
Gold: 79,366.46
Jun 23 2020 11:25pm
Quote (SaF7 @ Jun 23 2020 11:48pm)
I'm gonna let you have this one because it's 4 different paragraphs and looks like you've spent a lot of time on it.

I mean I am a technical writer. I do this for a living.

It'd be like gushing over how many Whoppers Hydro can flip in a minute.

Quote (Crunkt @ Jun 23 2020 10:55pm)
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgsAZTS0OKXWIQo/giphy.gif

For instance, do people usually high-five and call each other racists as a term of endearment?

also, Yes

I have some friends who are proud to be racist, but I don't think I've ever heard them say it to someone else as a compliment. It's more that they just hate brown people. And gays. And they're happy to tell you about it if they trust you.
Gold: 8,346.00
Jun 23 2020 11:28pm
Quote (Terps @ 24 Jun 2020 01:25)
I mean I am a technical writer. I do this for a living.

It'd be like gushing over how many Whoppers Hydro can flip in a minute.

I have some friends who are proud to be racist, but I don't think I've ever heard them say it to someone else as a compliment. It's more that they just hate brown people. And gays. And they're happy to tell you about it if they trust you.

when I hang out with my asian friends they sometimes want to get 'white food' and we high five everytime.
Jun 24 2020 06:06am
So im not racist then? ^terps

And bruh I can flip more whoppers per min than you can take a step per min

Suhhh
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2020 06:07am
Going walk the dog with his noose. Am I doing this right?
Jun 24 2020 06:07am
Quote (Degens @ Jun 24 2020 08:07am)
Going walk the dog with his noose. Am I doing this right?

Lmao i bet ur dogs name is black..cmerrre blackey
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll