d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Favorite Hot Sauces
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 303.00
Jun 18 2020 08:54pm
either premade, or a recipe you invented yourself. I put hot sauce on just about everything, but as far as the vinegar-based one goes, theres a certain point where they all kind of taste the same.

theres a few private selection brand hot sauces that ive tried recently that really didnt bring the spice, but tasted amazing. I just need something new for my taste buds
Gold: 1,500.00
Jun 19 2020 08:37am
for me its about actual good flavor and not just being hot.

burning the fuck out of you mouth just for the sake of being hot is dumb as fuck. 95% of the hotter hot sauces dont even have a good flavor

valentina, sriracha, pepper plant (especially the garlic version), el yucateco green chile habanero, secret aardvark habanero sauce, kumana avocado hot, huy fong chili garlic sauce, those all have a home in my fridge, i think i have some others, id have to look. none of them are the show off how hot of a hot thing you can eat and prove youre not a pussy because you can have a hot fuckin hot sauce kind of sauces

these just have great flavors with great spice and some heat
Jun 19 2020 08:43am
Quote (KoJ @ Jun 19 2020 10:37am)
for me its about actual good flavor and not just being hot.

burning the fuck out of you mouth just for the sake of being hot is dumb as fuck. 95% of the hotter hot sauces dont even have a good flavor

valentina, sriracha, pepper plant (especially the garlic version), el yucateco green chile habanero, secret aardvark habanero sauce, kumana avocado hot, huy fong chili garlic sauce, those all have a home in my fridge, i think i have some others, id have to look. none of them are the show off how hot of a hot thing you can eat and prove youre not a pussy because you can have a hot fuckin hot sauce kind of sauces

these just have great flavors with great spice and some heat

I hear that. I like a lot of heat, but heat without flavor is meaningless. Even though a mexican style hot sauce doesnt necessarily go with everything, el yucateco sauces are always in my fridge. I like a lot of peach/mango sauces as well. Ill have to look up some of the ones you mentioned, especially the garlic pepper plant. I love me some garlic.
Gold: 1,500.00
Jun 19 2020 10:11am
Quote (KickinWings @ Jun 19 2020 07:43am)
I hear that. I like a lot of heat, but heat without flavor is meaningless. Even though a mexican style hot sauce doesnt necessarily go with everything, el yucateco sauces are always in my fridge. I like a lot of peach/mango sauces as well. Ill have to look up some of the ones you mentioned, especially the garlic pepper plant. I love me some garlic.

i was born and raised in the garlic capital, gilroy ca, if you love garlic, you need to get out here at some point to the garlic festival, last full weekend of july every year (minus this one obviously) its amazing
Gold: 6,078.00
Jul 14 2020 10:57am
Texas Pete is the best.

Vinegar based, but pure flavor, like the best Tabasco you ever had but even better, so good, can put on anything.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2020 07:46pm
Try slap your mama no joke it's a hot sauce it's crazy hot
Jul 22 2020 03:39pm
Texas Pete's - I use this with some melted butter to make a classic Buffalo wing sauce

Tabasco - I use this exclusively with eggs

Quaker steak and lube Arizona ranch wing sauce - doesn't sound like a hot sauce but is a medium level wing sauce that has extreme flavor that is unmatched imo

And finally I have a pretty awesome homemade spicy green sauce/salsa (not for the feint of heart) - lots of roasted tomatillos, jalapeƱos, Serrano, garlic, onions etc. That are then blended down into a hot sauce that is straight fire but with a taste/purpose - I use this on all sorts of stuff but typically as a topping for my homemade nachos
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 10%
Jul 24 2020 03:34am
The hot sauce from Popeyes is good I think it taste a lot like franks hot
Jul 24 2020 08:43am
Quote (DjPaulyD416 @ Jul 15 2020 09:46pm)
Try slap your mama no joke it's a hot sauce it's crazy hot

ill have to try this. in Michigan we have a company called scotty o hottys and I grabbed theyre diablo de muerte and its legit.

to the rest, some of the generic hot sauces are definitely good, but I like legitimately hot sauces.

@fambam, ive never actually had popeyes at all. was going to get some on the way home from work but idk wtf is open and not with this covid bs
Jul 26 2020 09:01am
I really like Pain Is Good - Caribbean Jerk. Really tasty sauce where the heat doesn't overpower the flavor.

If you're looking for pure heat, try The Source. I had an endorphin rush that lasted a half hour after trying that. It's kind of a soft paste, rather than a fluid sauce. But the hottest stuff I've ever had.
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll