d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Need Advice And Tips For My Sorceress On Hell. > Hell Too Hard, Nightmare Too Easy.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2020 03:32pm
Hi, i have started this Ladder after 20 years without gaming diablo, so, sorry for my newbie answer.

I build a sorc following this guide: [URL]https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=47522179&f=87[/URL]

So, now i have a fireball\orb sorc, at lvl 77. (frozen orb 20+ \ fireball 20+ \ meteor 20 + \ fire bolt 17+, cold and fire mastery)
I need some advice because i want play solo hell, but my merc died very often, and also for me is too hard.

My equip is:
tal amu,
tal belt
tal helm
Vipermagi +21 res
spirit sword
Rhyme shield
nagelring
ring 25 MF 10 FR
gloves 25 MF
boot 33 MF

Before starting hell i have done 100 Andariel kill on NM, and found some of the stuff i equipped.

My merc:
Insight on War Scythe
Andariel Helm
Boneflash

Now, my goal is to gain enaugh power to doing MF easly in act1 (countess, mausoleum, andy, pit, ecc.) for improve my gear and finishing solo hell. but for now hell is too hard, and in nightmare i have done a lot of MF.

Notice:
I have all 3 respec free to use.

Thx a lot for your time, suggestion, and so on.

This post was edited by Vespro on Jun 18 2020 03:33pm
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 18 2020 04:23pm
Hell should not be so hard with your build.
But you need more fcr. You miss 30 to 40 for the useful breakpoint of 105%.
Splendor shield (Eth+Lum) would give 10, or Lidless for 20. Rings could have 10 each. Try to get magefist for an extra 20 (and useful +1 skill).

Use glacial spike (left click) to protect your merc, and to let you aim your orbs and balls.
Don't forget static.
Try to farm Hell Andariel with quest drop : very decent drops (I remember being rewarded with a shako from her on ladder day 1 some years ago).

For your merc : many armors are better than Boneflesh. Treachery is probably top for low budget (costs a Lem rune).
Strong upgrade would also be elite polearm (etheral if possible) : roll any other Insight in the first you come across.

And keep in mind that Hell Andariel with 0%mf is far better than nightmare Andariel with 500%mf. She will fall quickly to your balls (having -50% fire res).

Good luck !

Jun 19 2020 03:52am
Thanks for your suggestions, i found them precious.

I have some point:
1) During my nigthmare run i found: magefist, Lidless by Andy and Ali Baba in Cow level. So i should give up some MF for fcr. I should equip Magefist and lidless wall, and before killing Andy i could switch to Ali Baba \ Rhyme. It's right? I could use only magefist? Rhyme give me also +25 to all res. My res in hell are negative or just above zero.

2) The glacial spike suggestion on the left is very usefull, it also work with boss?

3) About merc armor: i have the rune for Treachery. : ) What do you think about Fofrtitude on merc?

4) About merc weapon: for finding an elite polearm i could run on Baal NM or Cow level NM? or is more easy to find on hell? Now i have a Colossus Voulge with 4 socket, but required too much strenght. What do you think to use the polearm unique with 75% slowing target? have low damage but could be usefull vs boss? (assuming to doing Andy run)

5) About MF: i would use this sorc only for MF, so if i have undestand, is better don't complete mephisto quest for receving best drop in pubblic baal or diablo run ?

Thanks for your time.
Gold: 505.00
Jun 19 2020 05:49am
Go blizzard and farm ancient tunnels in act 2 hell

This post was edited by Dorislol on Jun 19 2020 05:49am
Gold: Locked
Jun 19 2020 06:12am
you can mf hell with worse gear

andy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RbSyjnOxg

meph : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seTqbaxN5tE

This post was edited by Hyperdimension on Jun 19 2020 06:13am
Jun 19 2020 06:35am
LOL the Andy tricky video is very funny, and made me feel very noobs :D
So you suggest to respec in fully cold sorceress right?

1) In this case i could MF Andy, Ancient Tunnels, and with some help for get act 3 meph waypoint, meph...
With full cold build is possibile to farm Cow level hell?

2) Compared to my actaul build, cold sorc should be bust my damage as pros, but i could mf only in that areas. It seems useful to me.
Do you confim that for the best Meph quest drop i must avoid to complete that quest by joining in the right game, like baalrun or similar?

Thx.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll