d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Whats The Point Of Voting For Change Again
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2020 01:03pm
Quote (SaF7 @ Jun 18 2020 11:55am)
Get lost Giannis. We aren't ants and bees.

You're right humans are much more sophisticated, but its true that past a certain point wealth is unnecessary, and often times hoarding that wealth comes at the expense of others having less

Think of it like a poker game, in order for someone to win there must be losers. Except in our poker game, there are individuals privy to information unknown (often times by concealment and secrecy) to others, as well as access to resources that give them a competitive edge

Is Michael Bloomberg really such an outstanding mind/hard worker/innovator that he is worth tens of billions of dollars? Or has he manipulated the hard work of several thousands of people in order to accumulate his wealth? The latter sounds more accurate to me IMO

This post was edited by Giannis on Jun 18 2020 01:07pm
Gold: 3,800.00
Jun 18 2020 01:50pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 18 2020 08:43am)
I don't take issue with people being born into affluence. Plato explains that in Aristocracy, society is ruled by a "philosopher king" or in other words a rule that is grounded in wisdom and reason. Surrounded by council members who advise him.

Plato discussed 5 tiers of regimes and they are Aristocracy, Timocracy, Oligarchy, Democracy, and Tyranny

The aristocratic state that Plato idealizes is composed of three caste-like parts: the ruling class, made up of the aforementioned philosophers-kings (who are otherwise identified as having souls of gold); the auxiliaries of the ruling caste, made up of soldiers (whose souls are made up of silver), and whose job in the state is to force on the majority the order established by the philosophers; and the majority of the people (souls of either bronze or iron), who, in contrast to the first two classes, are allowed to own property and produce goods for themselves, but are also obliged to sustain with their own activities their rulers' — who are forbidden from owning property in order to preclude that the policies they undertake be tainted by personal interests.

Oligarchy degenerates into a democracy where freedom is the supreme good but freedom is also slavery. In democracy, the lower class grows bigger and bigger. The poor become the winners. People are free to do what they want and live how they want. People can even break the law if they so choose. This appears to be very similar to anarchy.

Plato uses the "democratic man" to represent democracy. The democratic man is the son of the oligarchic man. Unlike his father, the democratic man is consumed with unnecessary desires. Plato describes necessary desires as desires that we have out of instinct or desires that we have to survive. Unnecessary desires are desires we can teach ourselves to resist such as the desire for riches. The democratic man takes great interest in all the things he can buy with his money. Plato believes that the democratic man is more concerned with his money over how he can help the people. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it. His life has no order or priority.

Note that in the animal kingdom, closest to human society are ants and bees. When ants and bees have an established hierarchy working as a hive mind, they are not deterred by so much individuality. On the surface individuality sounds like a good thing, but it is severely damaging to order. More important than any one mans life or freedoms is order.

Lol you remind me of my Sophomore year in college when we learned this shit. That was a cool little philosophy class, easy A & some good conversations to philosophically get into some sorority ass.
Jun 18 2020 02:35pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Jun 18 2020 02:50pm)
Lol you remind me of my Sophomore year in college when we learned this shit. That was a cool little philosophy class, easy A & some good conversations to philosophically get into some sorority ass.

lol sounds like a good time, I like the quiet brainy types
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2020 03:33pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Jun 18 2020 03:50pm)

Was she white or black
Gold: 3,800.00
Jun 18 2020 04:23pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 18 2020 01:35pm)
lol sounds like a good time, I like the quiet brainy types

I love all kinds. We are a different prespective of what it is to be human. & in a sense of what it is to be alive. We are energy at the end of the day.

Quote (Lonzo @ Jun 18 2020 02:33pm)
Was she white or black

Bro in College I only kicked it with the sororities because they through the best parties & they all had ass.. Some white, mostly Latinas & Pinays. My white girl phase was in High School..

Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2020 04:42pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Jun 18 2020 06:23pm)
I love all kinds. We are a different prespective of what it is to be human. & in a sense of what it is to be alive. We are energy at the end of the day.

Bro in College I only kicked it with the sororities because they through the best parties & they all had ass.. Some white, mostly Latinas & Pinays. My white girl phase was in High School..

Ew pinays.

They just want their green card through marriage.

Jun 18 2020 06:15pm

Bro in College I only kicked it with the sororities because they through the best parties & they all had ass.. Some white, mostly Latinas & Pinays. My white girl phase was in High School..[/QUOTE]

so you dated lonzo in high school
Gold: 2,130.00
Jun 18 2020 06:47pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Jun 18 2020 02:23am)
The questions are you are asking have been thoroughly examined and continue to be examined to this day, although there is a law for what you are talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger%27s_law

People go to school for many years to try to answer the question you are asking

A lot of people also don't like our system, but there are benefits and downsides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-past-the-post_voting

To really answer your question though your votes are important even if a party loses because it is an official record of support which means a lot in some cases

I mean like are you really voting if the person you voted for isnt even elected...?

is like i voted for person A, but he didnt win so my vote was essentially nullify or its the same as if i didnt vote
Gold: 79,366.46
Jun 18 2020 07:32pm
Quote (FamilyGuyViewer @ Jun 18 2020 08:47pm)
I mean like are you really voting if the person you voted for isnt even elected...?

is like i voted for person A, but he didnt win so my vote was essentially nullify or its the same as if i didnt vote

If Carmelo scores 30 points but the Knicks still lost, did he really score any points at all? Or is it the same as if he didn't play?
Gold: 1,758,976.70
Jun 18 2020 09:28pm
Quote (FamilyGuyViewer @ Jun 18 2020 08:47pm)

You voted but had no impact on the outcome
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll