d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Sixers Response
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,479.31
Jun 18 2020 06:01am
Quote (FamilyGuyViewer @ Jun 18 2020 01:02am)
No I’m saying there is a possibility this will happen again and that the protests for change is not going to prevent it from happening again. After all the changes have been implemented, what’s gonna happen if another cop does it again a few years later, the cop gets punished, goes to jail, sentence to whatever... and yet another black man dies. Another protest is gonna break out again?

A ton of progress in holding cops accountable has been made in the past 2-3 weeks of protests. Multiple cities have even committed to looking into find alternative community solutions to policing.
Gold: 144.33
Jun 18 2020 07:50am
Funny statement coming from Philadelphia, the City that bombed itself in the stand-off against MOVE, which lead to no repercussions or change.

Nothing will change, it's human beings reacting emotionally in stressful and sometimes life threatening situations. There's nothing that can be done outside of increasing funding and having a lot more situational and combat training, to improve experience and comfort levels in such scenarios.

Police officers are humans, like you or me, they receive a few hours of training, then they are thrust into the cold dark world and are expected to make good decisions under extreme circumstances. You can't undo evolution, you can't expect humans to behave antithetically to how we are hard coded, once adrenaline starts pumping and fight or flight kicks in, decision making will always be impaired.

This post was edited by piatek on Jun 18 2020 08:10am
Gold: 22,821.00
Jun 18 2020 07:53am
Quote (piatek @ Jun 18 2020 06:50am)
Funny statement coming from Philadelphia, the City that bombed itself in the stand-off against MOVE, which lead to no repercussions or change.

Nothing will change, it's human beings reacting emotionally in a stressful and sometimes life threatening situations. There's nothing that can be done outside of increasing funding and having a lot more situational and combat training.

Police officers are humans, like you or me, they receive a few hours of training, then they are thrust into the cold dark world and are expected to make good decisions under extreme circumstances.

Like that poor female cop yesterday who had to endure waiting and waiting for her food. Poor lady had a panic attack. For waiting for food. I mean. This is a person that can choose to end someones life at any given moment we are talking about, having a panic attack.... about waiting for food....
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2020 08:04am
Quote (MigNado @ Jun 18 2020 09:53am)
Like that poor female cop yesterday who had to endure waiting and waiting for her food. Poor lady had a panic attack. For waiting for food. I mean. This is a person that can choose to end someones life at any given moment we are talking about, having a panic attack.... about waiting for food....

Police are no longer respected by many,, and have every reason to be afraid.

Look in Atlanta, police quitting left and right. Something will change from all of this or else they won't be able to hire anyone to do the job.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll