d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Sixers Response
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,130.00
Jun 17 2020 08:36am
"The issue is that previously they got away with it behind their protection.

What will change is that they will be held accountable."

and the officers who killed goerge floyd were held accountable... yet protest still going on.
Gold: 13,750.00
Jun 17 2020 08:42am
Quote (FamilyGuyViewer @ Jun 17 2020 10:36am)

and the officers who killed goerge floyd were held accountable... yet protest still going on.

a made up degree of murder doesn't really justify what they did, no?

Gold: 6,479.31
Jun 17 2020 08:58am

You’re right, they arrested George Floyd’s murderer and his accomplices so justice has definitely been served and something like this will probably never happen again
Gold: 0.08
Jun 17 2020 09:05am
Quote (stuartg85 @ 17 Jun 2020 07:42)
a made up degree of murder doesn't really justify what they did, no?

What do you mean?

If it's about them upgrading to 2nd degree I'm honestly worried about him being prosecuted. 3rd degree was a guarantee imo but now they'll have to show he had intent to kill, vs 3rd degree basically being a "did his actions kill George Floyd". The sentence is a little harsher with 2nd degree, but might be harder to prove in court
Gold: 13,750.00
Jun 17 2020 09:34am
Quote (XxRunNakedxX @ Jun 17 2020 11:05am)
What do you mean?

If it's about them upgrading to 2nd degree I'm honestly worried about him being prosecuted. 3rd degree was a guarantee imo but now they'll have to show he had intent to kill, vs 3rd degree basically being a "did his actions kill George Floyd". The sentence is a little harsher with 2nd degree, but might be harder to prove in court

but that's what has people enraged

they watched him murder someone in the streets with a smile on his face, and he's essentially getting a slap on the wrist (3rd degree has like a max 40 year sentence lol)
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2020 09:48am
If they get greedy for 2nd degree charges he might weasel out of it. Think they should go for the slam dunk on 3rd degree. If he gets off it will incite a lot of rage and violence
Jun 17 2020 11:24am

Yeah but how long after it happened did it take for them to be charged? How long AFTER the protests and the violence started? Why did it take all of that happening for them to be charged?

The issue is that without people making a big fuss about it and protesting what would be done? It would be chalked up to just another black guy getting killed by the police, probably because he has a record and nobody would care.

The protests are for change to happen, not just a one time thing it's for total change. Look at what happened at that Wendy's in Atlanta recently, fucking cops shot and killed the guy IN THE BACK because he had a NON-LETHAL taser that he took from them and shot at them (and missed) while running away. Granted he was resisting arrest and did take the taser from the cop, but that's a perfect case of using deadly force when it could have been avoided. It's also a perfect example of how untrained some police are. How many videos have we seen where one guy manhandles multiple officers? I think a level of Jiu-Jitsu training should be mandatory for all officers annually to ensure they can actually handle themselves without even needing to use a taser. Learn how to subdue the person with your hands. This is also why women and small men shouldn't be cops because they just get bullied by half the people they encounter, I know it sounds bad but it's reality you can't expect a cop to properly subdue a large man unless he can use proper technique combined with having the size/strength to perform those moves to subdue.

I support the police, I'm all for the good cops and guys that do their job right (i have a few good friends that are state troopers) but the fact of the matter is that there are a lot of cops with little man syndrome and control issues. They have an ego and feel like they have all of this power and often times LOOK for conflict. This is what has to change. The culture in some (not all) areas for police is not ethical.

Gold: 13,820.00
Jun 17 2020 03:12pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 17 2020 10:24am)
I support the police.

Found the Trumpler.
Jun 17 2020 04:42pm
Quote (Proint @ Jun 17 2020 01:12pm)
Found the Trumpler.

4 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests, 1 anonymous): RyanJohnston, Lonzo

Gold: 2,130.00
Jun 17 2020 11:02pm
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ Jun 17 2020 10:58am)
You’re right, they arrested George Floyd’s murderer and his accomplices so justice has definitely been served and something like this will probably never happen again

No I’m saying there is a possibility this will happen again and that the protests for change is not going to prevent it from happening again. After all the changes have been implemented, what’s gonna happen if another cop does it again a few years later, the cop gets punished, goes to jail, sentence to whatever... and yet another black man dies. Another protest is gonna break out again?
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll