d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Dying And Going To Heaven
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 9 2020 12:58am
I don't understand how people came to believe this. The bible is very specific that when you die you return to the dirt where we came from until the second coming. We get this from Ecclesiastes.

I have heard some people think its because Christ sent some people to heaven. This was very few people that were granted that privilege.

Then 1 Thessalonians tells us " For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. ..."

This is clearly stating as well that the dead are still here on earth. That when Jesus returns to the earth, then the dead will arise.

Another one that bothers me is church being on Sunday in many denominations. The 3rd commandment says "Remember the sabbath and keep it holy".

Exodus says "“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God".

The 7th day is clearly Saturday, not Sunday.

"The Sabbath is “Saturday”—it always has been; it always will be. Neither Jesus' death and resurrection, nor the Gospel of our salvation by faith through grace, nor the doctrine of the New Testament has changed that."

Some also argue that the New testament replaced the Old testament. This was never stated in the bible anywhere. If the words were never spoke by Christ, who thought they had the right to declare that the New Testament replaced the Old?

I think regardless, it is great people are worshiping. But knowing the commandment and the law and blatantly ignoring it, I believe to be a dangerous risk.
Gold: 10,588.69
Jun 11 2020 01:23am
You don't understand that some people like having an answer for the after life besides being dirt? :wacko:

Not that hard of a concept to grasp tbh.
Gold: 62.77
Jun 11 2020 01:30am
It's because Jesus told the thief on the cross that today he would be in Paradise with Him.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:42‭-‬43 KJV

Then Paul said this: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV

I know Christians argue about this but either way it doesn't matter. What matters is that we have a personal relationship with our Savior Jesus and that we put His will first before ours.

As far as the Sabbath goes, again if we have a personal relationship with Jesus and we're led by His spirit, we will feel a conviction if we're not doing what pleases Him.

It's important to remember that it's Jesus' blood that saves us and not by keeping the law. :)

So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.
Romans 7:4‭-‬6 NLT
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 17 2020 12:52am
Quote (Flicker69 @ Jun 11 2020 12:23am)
You don't understand that some people like having an answer for the after life besides being dirt? :wacko:

Not that hard of a concept to grasp tbh.

The answer is incorrect and explicitly stated so by the bible. Just because they like to think of some fairy tale, doesn't mean its what you should believe. Especially when the bible is very clear on what happens when you die. Being a christian and believing otherwise is blatantly ignoring the bible.

Gold: 248.00
Jun 21 2020 01:37am
Quote (dizzle19 @ Jun 9 2020 02:58am)
I don't understand how people came to believe this. The bible is very specific that when you die you return to the dirt where we came from until the second coming. We get this from Ecclesiastes.

I have heard some people think its because Christ sent some people to heaven. This was very few people that were granted that privilege.

Then 1 Thessalonians tells us " For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. ..."

This is clearly stating as well that the dead are still here on earth. That when Jesus returns to the earth, then the dead will arise.

Another one that bothers me is church being on Sunday in many denominations. The 3rd commandment says "Remember the sabbath and keep it holy".

Exodus says "“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God".

"The Sabbath is “Saturday”—it always has been; it always will be. Neither Jesus' death and resurrection, nor the Gospel of our salvation by faith through grace, nor the doctrine of the New Testament has changed that."

Some also argue that the New testament replaced the Old testament. This was never stated in the bible anywhere. If the words were never spoke by Christ, who thought they had the right to declare that the New Testament replaced the Old?

I think regardless, it is great people are worshiping. But knowing the commandment and the law and blatantly ignoring it, I believe to be a dangerous risk.

:mellow:
Gold: 62.77
Jun 23 2020 11:05am
Alright i found a scripture about the sabbath. The sabbath is a gift for us so that we don't just keep on working every day. :)

And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”
Mark 2:27‭-‬28 NKJV
Gold: 10,153.69
Jun 30 2020 09:14pm
:rofl:
Gold: 174.69
Jul 11 2020 09:30am
firstly, our physical body is returned to the dirt, not the spirit.
the spirit goes to hades (a holding place beneath the earth, with 2 areas: 1 for sinners and 1 for believers) until the VERY end (after the 1000 year millennial reign) at the great white throne judgement.
The verse you quoted of 1 Thessalonians relates to the Rapture of the (alive) believers and those in hades in area 2 (believers/dead in Christ) get to go up (for the wedding banquet) and come back down at armageddon and reign on earth for 1000 years.
The other group in hades (sinners) will witness the resurrection (see the other area leaving/disappearing) while they have to remain and experience extreme torment knowing they will be facing the lake of fire at the end of the 1000 years.

It may be too late for your ancestors or recent family members, but YOU still have TIME to repent and seek Jesus.
Gold: 70.69
Jul 12 2020 01:03am
Quote (dizzle19 @ Jun 8 2020 11:58pm)

When we die our bodies do indeed go to Sheol not just the ground. Sheol is to be a very dark place and closes thing ideologically would be Hades. Sheol and Hades are not the same as Hell which I will touch on now.
Hell to me is a place where the flames are so bright and so hot it is literally blinding and there for dark. It is been described as the gnawing and gnashing of teeth. It is like laying in a bed of worms and or maggots. Hell is a place where you and others scream and cry out for help. Yet no one hears you or if they do they care not to answer. Hell is a place where Lucifer himself gets tortured next to you. Lucifer does not do the torturing God does it is His place of punishment. Lucifer tempts us because he does not want to suffer alone.

I always found it odd that the sabbath was considered Sunday. It is said to have use to be Saturday and from my understanding the Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor.
If you or anyone else truly want to follow a more accurate sabbath cycle in my opinion and many others the Lunar Sabbath is probably the most accurate. You can find more about this here http://www.eliyah.com/lunarsabbath.html
It follows the cycle of the moon to base the days and the weeks together and as this article states there are some very compelling reasons. My reasoning is very simple and goes with the first example as we do not know what day God created anything so if we do not know what the first day was how are we to ever know the 7th.
Genesis 1:14 Then Elohim said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years.
This tells me when the moon was created and there for I can use that as a way to tell me which day is the start of the week and which day is the end of the week. It is not just Saturday.
Some will say oh the lunar calendar is inconvenient however if you are true believers it shouldn't bother you at all.

I would never say that The New Testament replaces The Old Testament. With that said Christ did do away with a lot of the out dated rules that The Old Testament had.
According to the Acts of the Apostles, chapter 10, Saint Peter had a vision of a vessel descending upon him full of animals being lowered from heaven (Acts 10:11). A voice from heaven told Peter to kill and eat, but since the vessel contained unclean animals, Peter declined. The command was repeated two more times, along with the voice saying, "What God hath made clean, that call not thou common" (verse 15) and then the vessel was taken back to heaven (verse 16).
At this point in the narrative, messengers sent from Cornelius the Centurion arrive and urge Peter to go with them. He does so, and mentions the vision as he speaks to Cornelius, saying "God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean" (Acts 10:28). Peter related the vision again in Acts 11:4-9.

Most people will believe that in this moment God had made all animals clean and had abolished the food laws.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut
It also is believed that in this moment God had removed the barriers he once erected to separate his people from the surrounding nations.
There are many other things that show evidence that some things not all things have changed with Christ. I could go through a lot of them however it would require time and devotion on my part so that I could correctly reread The New Testament to give a more accurate statement. I do not memorize scripture as I think a lot of the people who know scripture by heart barely live by it or are ones who cherry pick which ones are important and then throw away the rest. It is also foolhardy to quote 1 part of scripture that then gets thrown out of context because it is missing other scriptures. I did quote scripture but merely for educational purposes and I encourage anyone and everyone to see what I did quote and go back and read the entire passages as as a whole it is important.

This post was edited by Theology on Jul 12 2020 01:09am
Gold: 10.45
Jul 13 2020 06:56pm
Old covenant new covenant

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Waiting in the dirt for the rapture?

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

There’s a difference between our bodies and souls. Our Bodies are corrupted our souls are born again upon faith in the name of Jesus Christ. The new man is sinless because he is born of God he cannot send. That’s why no matter the sins my body commits my soul will still go to heaven.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic