d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Help > Ibuypower
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 613.95
Jun 7 2020 04:56pm
So my computers roughly 2 years old. I’ve made no changes to it. I don’t go using the internet or anything on it, it’s strictly for gaming. All of the sudden starting today I’m having an issue that I’m hoping I can describe as I’m not around really for it.

So I make a diablo game to perm a character. I go to do something, then come back roughly an hr or two later and my screen is black and the power button is flashing (screen saver mode of some sort?). I don’t have screen savers set to go as far as I know. When I hit a key I’m at my sign in screen. After signing in I’m at windows (10 by the way) and d2 is minimized.

I have no idea why that’s just started out of the blue, it’s never done this before. I have no errors that pop up.

Though last night I had a computer freeze while trying to join a d2 game. All efforts to clear it failed. I sat with it hoping it would go away for 10 minutes and it did not. I tried alt f4 with no results. I tried ctrl alt delete with no results. Pressing the windows key allowed me to go to my screen with d2 minimized but I could not close the game. I also could not shot down the computer the normal way. I ended up forcing it to shut down by holding the power button. And now today I’m having the above stated issue. Though I’ve experienced no freezing so far today.

Thanks for the help.
Gold: 18,352.00
Jun 7 2020 05:02pm
First part is going into power saving/sleep mode/hibernate, disable them all.
Second could be many things but a fresh format will rule out software.
I doubt its hardware but we can test that after you deal with soiftware.

Also may help to post your systems specs and temps.
Download and run speccy, afterwards screen shot that and post back.
Jun 7 2020 05:48pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jun 7 2020 07:02pm)
First part is going into power saving/sleep mode/hibernate, disable them all.
Second could be many things but a fresh format will rule out software.
I doubt its hardware but we can test that after you deal with soiftware.

Also may help to post your systems specs and temps.
Download and run speccy, afterwards screen shot that and post back.

Thanks, I found that some how sleep mode was set to 30 minutes. I have no idea how that could of happened. Ideas? I’ll try that other stuff you mentioned if turning sleep mode on doesn’t work.

Thanks again.
Gold: 18,352.00
Jun 7 2020 06:05pm
Quote (Ftheva @ Jun 7 2020 07:48pm)
Thanks, I found that some how sleep mode was set to 30 minutes. I have no idea how that could of happened. Ideas? I’ll try that other stuff you mentioned if turning sleep mode on doesn’t work.

Thanks again.

np

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Jun 7 2020 06:32pm
Jun 8 2020 10:43am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jun 7 2020 08:05pm)
np

Well I don’t know how it happened but I turned the sleep mode back off. Problem resolved.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll