d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Candace Owens Take On Floyd.
Prev1303132
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 13 2020 07:41am
Quote (Tyrantus @ Jun 12 2020 07:31pm)
No, but they can by going to medical school and actually paying attention to the curriculum that's presented. Some of those people actually go on to write revisions to the curriculum because they changed medical science. It's all about putting the work in and judging from your forum posts is a foreign concept to you.

I worked in the clinical end of cancer drugs. Academic is a much better place to be.
Gold: 10.00
Jun 13 2020 08:18am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 13 2020 08:41am)
I worked in the clinical end of cancer drugs. Academic is a much better place to be.

Something tells me you're closer to Rand Paul than Gregory House.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 23 2020 09:35pm
At the beginning of this thread, you can see my responses, which were to point out parts of her monologue which I consider flaws. This video has been swimming around in my mind since it was the hot topic. I've realized another angle to this. Despite my stated disagreements with her points (which remain) I also think that she has managed to off a 200 IQ pro gamer move.

This video made some waves. It was viewed by many people on the right-leaning side of the spectrum (mild deniers of racial oppression, outright racists and everything in between). This video may have even been fed to those people by their conservative-leaning algorithms. This video accomplished something that Al Sharpton can not do. She made those conservatives say "Hey look, not all black people are so bad. Here's one smart black person that gets it!". Even though what she said in the video is wrong (imo) it was useful in that it appealed to their ignorance. She stealthily stole a little bit of their anti-black bias without them even realizing it was happening.

There's something to be said for this tactic of negotiation. Sometimes, even when a person hasn't done anything wrong, it can still be wise to give in a little just for the sake of building goodwill with your opponents. Sometimes, you gotta give a little to get a little. The Al Sharptons of the world, who never give an inch, aren't doing their side any favors. A more clearcut and extreme example are the people who are mad about the Rayshard Brooks killing. The people who act outrage at the cops in that case are not making their side look good. They are actually widening the cultural gap. Candace Owens is actually doing more to fight racism than BLM (by stating that black people shoulder some of the blame for their situation, even though as I've said there are many things wrong with her video).

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jun 23 2020 09:37pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 23 2020 09:42pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jun 13 2020 12:08am)
or some of this>
Steven Mnuchin is now flat-out REFUSING to disclose the businesses receiving $500,000,000,000 in bailout funds, claiming the info is "confidential"

4.5 MILLION businesses received government funds. Zero transparency.

Unconscionable, jaw-dropping corruption.

Almost like Trump's rampant firing of inspector generals after it passed had a reason......
Gold: 14,569.69
Jun 23 2020 10:34pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 23 2020 08:42pm)
Almost like Trump's rampant firing of inspector generals after it passed had a reason......

not one usual suspect in here gives 2 flying F's about trump corruption..
I say we bring HRC back with some missing emails to see if they still have a heartbeat
Gold: 1.93
Jun 23 2020 10:36pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 24 2020 01:35pm)
At the beginning of this thread, you can see my responses, which were to point out parts of her monologue which I consider flaws. This video has been swimming around in my mind since it was the hot topic. I've realized another angle to this. Despite my stated disagreements with her points (which remain) I also think that she has managed to off a 200 IQ pro gamer move.

This video made some waves. It was viewed by many people on the right-leaning side of the spectrum (mild deniers of racial oppression, outright racists and everything in between). This video may have even been fed to those people by their conservative-leaning algorithms. This video accomplished something that Al Sharpton can not do. She made those conservatives say "Hey look, not all black people are so bad. Here's one smart black person that gets it!". Even though what she said in the video is wrong (imo) it was useful in that it appealed to their ignorance. She stealthily stole a little bit of their anti-black bias without them even realizing it was happening.

There's something to be said for this tactic of negotiation. Sometimes, even when a person hasn't done anything wrong, it can still be wise to give in a little just for the sake of building goodwill with your opponents. Sometimes, you gotta give a little to get a little. The Al Sharptons of the world, who never give an inch, aren't doing their side any favors. A more clearcut and extreme example are the people who are mad about the Rayshard Brooks killing. The people who act outrage at the cops in that case are not making their side look good. They are actually widening the cultural gap. Candace Owens is actually doing more to fight racism than BLM (by stating that black people shoulder some of the blame for their situation, even though as I've said there are many things wrong with her video).

Pretty much my sentiments.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303132
Add Reply New Topic New Poll