d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Focus Mitt/pads Routines
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jun 2 2020 07:05pm
Whats up guys !

So, i'm from Chile and we've been quarantined for 3 weeks now, going for the 4th one, and besides that, all gyms and sport-related places are going to be closed for a lot longer. I've always had a punching bag to train on, but i'm living in an appartment without one, but with a friend. Thats why I bought a couple of focus mitts so we could train together.

I've been looking through the internet, and there arent many guides or routines focused on training with focus mitts. Any of you know any good routines, youtube channels or pages?

What we are currently doing is, 6 days a week, general whole-body workout routines for like 20-30 minutes, then 15-25 minutes of boxing rounds with gloves and focus mitts (can't afford more time per day, and only have 1 pair of gloves and 1 pair of mitts)

Gold: 0.00
Jun 3 2020 05:49am
Quote (mena1996 @ Jun 3 2020 02:05am)
Whats up guys !

So, i'm from Chile and we've been quarantined for 3 weeks now, going for the 4th one, and besides that, all gyms and sport-related places are going to be closed for a lot longer. I've always had a punching bag to train on, but i'm living in an appartment without one, but with a friend. Thats why I bought a couple of focus mitts so we could train together.

I've been looking through the internet, and there arent many guides or routines focused on training with focus mitts. Any of you know any good routines, youtube channels or pages?

What we are currently doing is, 6 days a week, general whole-body workout routines for like 20-30 minutes, then 15-25 minutes of boxing rounds with gloves and focus mitts (can't afford more time per day, and only have 1 pair of gloves and 1 pair of mitts)

I would do it the other way round, first boxing rounds then whole body workouts

Or mix it up

Do 5 rounds of 3 min each of boxing combos, then during rest time which is usually 1 min or so, do some burpees, push ups, press ups etc...this will save you some times and also kill your full body workout

if you need some advice or got some questions drop me pm

GL!

This post was edited by -=vasya=- on Jun 3 2020 05:55am
Gold: 4.20
Warn: 40%
Jun 3 2020 09:59am
I think a good routine for these times is find any racist person you knows face and just lay into it.

Tie them up to a table after and waterboard the racism out of them.

If they still haven't learned knock their ass out and drop them off in the ghetto.
Gold: 6,487.40
Jun 3 2020 01:45pm
Quote (mena1996 @ 2 Jun 2020 18:05)
Whats up guys !

depend what you mean by General whole body workout. for boxing purpose, I would start with light cardio, stretching and then go on your boxing routine. Avoid doing any muscular training especially before the boxing routine. crisp muscles will prevent your velocity and the weight transfer will be awkward. I test it and its true. That advice I got from Mark Ramsay, a pro coach, when I was training at the Legend boxing gym in Montreal

Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll