d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Max Block Blizzard Guide
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.85
May 30 2020 11:21am
Big plus for vita is no precast and better for svs (jav if you want but lol mu)

Maxblock vita blizz is not best but if you hate precast it can do ok vs all

Vs all 95es blizz should be better (not by far in some mu) but precast...

39dr vs bow barb hybsin without mb wont change much
Gold: 1,110.00
May 30 2020 11:34am
Quote (luckspin @ May 30 2020 06:13pm)
In gm vita has even more advantage in most duels. Its vs bm that es blizz can be more tanky. And im only talking about high mobility vita blizz with switch to dr setup too.

es blizz got same mobility, but he asked for mb build

Vs nec, in gm without mega spam of shit, vita is just as good, even better than es cos of the higher dmg and u can use oak to tank spirits.

totally dissagree on this, if a necro jumps ur vita soso ur dead fast as fuck, meanwhile an es can flee and repl both his mana and life fast

Vs ele, with 105-115frw and 39dr and more dmg than es, u can also win. Es can be tankier but only if u got good gear and reach 100+frw. I’d say its almost the same in this m/u.

5% dmg dealth to life means es hardly get stunned by them...

Vs trap, vita is better cos of dmg. And es can only be maybe effective in the same way if u got high frw and 75res.

i would say they pose simular here, vita takes more mb dmg but take less trap dmg if sop + wisp, but es can repl full

Vs sorc, vita > or just as good

Vs bow, again vita with 39dr is either better or just as good

how about 45% dr and 75% block es? i can olay with bowas

Vs smiters, es can be better if u play rly defensive. Vita has oak and more dmg tho so it can probably be as good if u play defensive too.

vs my es build only the best tele smiters 75fcr got a chance, and the piercing of cold res is ur main dmg, not the number on tje screen, a vita one can be randomly charged, lost life is lost life, foh from vt can really drain vita dowb as well

Vs java, vita >

Vs bvc, both would suck vs good player. Guess es would suck a bit less. Either way u can still win with a vita with 39dr too.

babas are easy with my build, i blizz them and then jump them and then they wirl me in blizz and take full dmg from it + iceblast, then i tele out cause they hardly stun this soso at all and usually have loads of mana/life to spare.

Vs hdin, probably the only m/u where i think es can be considerably better. U can last much longer in a duel with es even though vita got oak to tank and more dmg and can still win.

ofc both can win, but es got so many more chance to win as he dont get stunned from hammers and take considerable less dmg from it

In general for me vita is either as good or better in everything except vs hdins but if u r a pro defwhore im sure u can swing most m/ups in ur way a bit better with es.

And u nn precast with vita either so thats also a plus :p

see my bolded answeres.
i know u like vita sosos, but for me vita sosos is only good for svs. with my blizz i join a duel game and host all 7 players and it does not matter, i cast my es and then i dont need to swap eq to fit each duel, i can duel all at once without changing eq 24/7. a proper buildt vita can do the same with a few exceptions when it comes to stacking cold, psn, foh. same with tvt, the gear fits all.

Gold: 15,934.00
May 30 2020 11:53am
Quote (gel87 @ May 30 2020 06:34pm)
see my bolded answeres.
i know u like vita sosos, but for me vita sosos is only good for svs. with my blizz i join a duel game and host all 7 players and it does not matter, i cast my es and then i dont need to swap eq to fit each duel, i can duel all at once without changing eq 24/7. a proper buildt vita can do the same with a few exceptions when it comes to stacking cold, psn, foh. same with tvt, the gear fits all.

Isn’t there an es% + dr% limit for gym dueling? I might be wrong but have 117% in my head?

I’m thinking dr my bad

This post was edited by parker84 on May 30 2020 11:58am
May 30 2020 12:32pm
Quote (parker84 @ May 30 2020 07:53pm)
Isn’t there an es% + dr% limit for gym dueling? I might be wrong but have 117% in my head?

I’m thinking dr my bad

ye, there are rules for direct dr i would guess.

the dr% is ok vs physical attacks, but godly vs cb/ow effects. meaning i can duel barbs with 17 life left and not die to a wirl or 2 and i rarely get that low life with good res and dr. the build is practicly a max dmg build, and got good stats elsewhere.
Gold: 12,260.00
May 30 2020 01:30pm
Quote (gel87 @ 30 May 2020 18:34)
see my bolded answeres.

I haven’t been active like 2 years but in general only time I join a pub game is to duel specific ppl. I never host all and if u gonna build any optimal char u will always have to change gear except from es sork... even hdin which can be just 1 setup vs all is most optimal with separate vita and mb setup.

U say es got same mobility but the build u posted has 55frw... mine has 115frw

With ele vs es I’m not worried about ur dmg at all and if I catch u with shockwave u most likely gonna die esp with 55frw
I’ve had 5 6min duels vs ele with my vita blizz its just much harder to play than es cos if u make a mistake with wsg u will eat 1/3 or 1/2 of ur life.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying vita with 115frw and 39dr is really good vs ele but it’s just as good as es soso... I used to still lose most duels vs good ele players with my soso.

Vs nec what u r saying will maybe work 1 or 2 times before I start bating him to jump in my blizz with iceblast rdy to rejump his stomp. Nec also takes big dmg from vita blizz so he can’t rly bully that much. Ofc for nec will be worst to fight 95es soso but from my point of view I don’t mind dueling necs with vita. It’s actually fun.

Vs bow u don’t even need mb. Ive played vs a few rly good bowas with my vita and with chilling armor, 39dr and oak I don’t think u need more. Most good geared bowas die from 2, max 3hits and I can survive for rly long time if I’m careful. It’s 50/50 imo. Even better for soso if u get lucky blizz hits through the passives.

Vs bvc I completely disagree :p

I recognise that ofc with es u got the option to go 3 screens away and wait 20-30sec to repl if shit hits the fan but u can also play real defensive with vita blizz... u can spam blizz and wsg into them 24/7 vs hdin and u can also play a nec and beat the shit out of an hdin exact same way. Point is not just winning but both players having fun dueling... in a lot of the matchups in d2 u can be bm and guarantee a win.
to put it most simply if u give me ur es mb blizz, I will die more compared to playing with my 115frw vita blizz. I also got es fb soso but I got that cos u don’t sacrifice dmg for es. Mb on pvp soso in general is bad imo.
Gold: 15,934.00
May 31 2020 01:58am
Quote (luckspin @ May 30 2020 08:30pm)
I haven’t been active like 2 years but in general only time I join a pub game is to duel specific ppl. I never host all and if u gonna build any optimal char u will always have to change gear except from es sork... even hdin which can be just 1 setup vs all is most optimal with separate vita and mb setup.

U say es got same mobility but the build u posted has 55frw... mine has 115frw

With ele vs es I’m not worried about ur dmg at all and if I catch u with shockwave u most likely gonna die esp with 55frw
I’ve had 5 6min duels vs ele with my vita blizz its just much harder to play than es cos if u make a mistake with wsg u will eat 1/3 or 1/2 of ur life.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying vita with 115frw and 39dr is really good vs ele but it’s just as good as es soso... I used to still lose most duels vs good ele players with my soso.

Vs nec what u r saying will maybe work 1 or 2 times before I start bating him to jump in my blizz with iceblast rdy to rejump his stomp. Nec also takes big dmg from vita blizz so he can’t rly bully that much. Ofc for nec will be worst to fight 95es soso but from my point of view I don’t mind dueling necs with vita. It’s actually fun.

Vs bow u don’t even need mb. Ive played vs a few rly good bowas with my vita and with chilling armor, 39dr and oak I don’t think u need more. Most good geared bowas die from 2, max 3hits and I can survive for rly long time if I’m careful. It’s 50/50 imo. Even better for soso if u get lucky blizz hits through the passives.

Vs bvc I completely disagree :p

I recognise that ofc with es u got the option to go 3 screens away and wait 20-30sec to repl if shit hits the fan but u can also play real defensive with vita blizz... u can spam blizz and wsg into them 24/7 vs hdin and u can also play a nec and beat the shit out of an hdin exact same way. Point is not just winning but both players having fun dueling... in a lot of the matchups in d2 u can be bm and guarantee a win.
to put it most simply if u give me ur es mb blizz, I will die more compared to playing with my 115frw vita blizz. I also got es fb soso but I got that cos u don’t sacrifice dmg for es. Mb on pvp soso in general is bad imo.

A vita is usually the def whore character that never lets people on screen. Es can allow people on screen as has ability to escape where vita doesn’t of stunned/fhr locked
Gold: 12,260.00
Jun 1 2020 12:32pm
Quote (parker84 @ 31 May 2020 08:58)
A vita is usually the def whore character that never lets people on screen. Es can allow people on screen as has ability to escape where vita doesn’t of stunned/fhr locked

Defwhoring is a playstyle, u can defwhore with any char.

Only vs bvc/ghost-spider u can say that its a defwhore gameplay to win but taht applies to es too else u gonna get smashed regardless. Es without mb is as i said in my very first post “ok” i dont think its bad, i just think its worst than vita blizz... if u want a vs all es soso, fb is simply better.

Vs ele trap and hdin u wsg same way u’d play with nec vs those chars.

Vs all the rest unless im forgetting a matchup...its almost exclusively aim duel.
Jun 2 2020 07:27am
Quote (luckspin @ Jun 1 2020 08:32pm)
Defwhoring is a playstyle, u can defwhore with any char.

Only vs bvc/ghost-spider u can say that its a defwhore gameplay to win but taht applies to es too else u gonna get smashed regardless. Es without mb is as i said in my very first post “ok” i dont think its bad, i just think its worst than vita blizz... if u want a vs all es soso, fb is simply better.

Vs ele trap and hdin u wsg same way u’d play with nec vs those chars.

Vs all the rest unless im forgetting a matchup...its almost exclusively aim duel.

i prefer es mb blizz for pubs, its amazing :) have played blizz sosos for nearly 15 years or so and my current build is the far most effective i have had.
Gold: 33.00
Jun 2 2020 08:02am
Sorc is def whore char in core

Melee Sorc for melee duels is exception
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll