d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Re-draft: 19th Overall Pick
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 68,392.04
May 27 2020 07:28pm
Sleeping
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 2 2020 03:27am
Quote (Queefy @ 27 May 2020 07:45)
Disagree, i think makar is the better defenseman, as well as more offensively gifted. I'd love to be wrong since the avs can go fuck themselves, but i think makar is going to be a future star in this league. Hughes is going to be good too, but i think makar is already on another level and will continue to pull away from the pack

How do you figure?

I definitely agree that makar is more offensively gifted. However, defense wise he's not better than Hughes, despite being older and bigger.

It's extremely remarkable what Hughes is doing as a rookie, he completely changes the back end for the Canucks and is used as 1d against other teams superstars. It's crazy how fast he learns and adapts, who else in the league can 1v1 McDavid and not expect a goal, rather get puck stripped off?
Avs can survive without makar, as they're already a strong team. Canucks cannot survive without Hughes, as it completely dismantles the backend for canucks and it will be back to all forwards no d production haha

Here is a better visual comparing the two, including the teams dcore and their pairing.

https://imgur.com/a/BJLStl7

With that said, I don't mind if makar wins the calder as they're both a treat to watch. If anyone else other than makar or hughes wins it then I'll be qqing.

Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll