d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Minneapolis Cops
123326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
May 26 2020 09:34am
https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/videos/1425398217661280/

Got their very own Eric Garner case last night.

Cops keep a man pressed dow, long after he's unconscious, with a knee on his neck. Act surprised that he died. Called in the FBI to investigate. Love it when cops investigate themselves, and can't wait for the "the officers acted within their training" excuse and no charges filed.

#ACAB
Gold: 2,420.00
May 26 2020 09:57am
ddn't read or watch but let me start off by saying maybe he shouldn't have broken the law, he deserved it -some boomer
Gold: 6,376.70
May 26 2020 10:00am
Quote (Santara @ May 26 2020 08:34am)
https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/videos/1425398217661280/

Got their very own Eric Garner case last night.

Cops keep a man pressed dow, long after he's unconscious, with a knee on his neck. Act surprised that he died. Called in the FBI to investigate. Love it when cops investigate themselves, and can't wait for the "the officers acted within their training" excuse and no charges filed.

#ACAB

Have any facts come about about what led up to this?

Something about a forgery, yeah, who cares. But then a "physical resistance". What was it? Is that oddly bullet-shaped thing near the guy a shell casing?

I just don't know anything about the case. And every article I can find basically says nothing whatsoever that can not be determined by the video, with exception of a forgery call, and a vaguely worded "physical resistance".

More info please.

Quote (Jupe @ May 26 2020 08:57am)
ddn't read or watch but let me start off by saying maybe he shouldn't have broken the law, he deserved it -some boomer

Pretty clearly appeared to have been choked out. Not usually a good thing. But again, not enough info to really know anything. For all I know, he'd just shot a cop in the face. The video doesn't show anything prior to the officer with their knee on his neck.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on May 26 2020 10:02am
Gold: 5.00
May 26 2020 10:04am
Can bystanders step in and intervene with law enforcement when they are killing a civilian like this?

Say you were a bystander in the video clip, would you be 'legally' able to protect that black man under 'Good Samaritan Law'? Reality seems NO, you'd get wreckt by the police physically then get obstruction and assault on officer. Seems reasonable to me for a bystander to tackle that guy killing the black man to help him breath aka save his life. If not, I'd probably have PTSD knowing I stood there did nothing.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on May 26 2020 10:05am
May 26 2020 10:25am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ May 26 2020 09:04am)
Can bystanders step in and intervene with law enforcement when they are killing a civilian like this?

Say you were a bystander in the video clip, would you be 'legally' able to protect that black man under 'Good Samaritan Law'? Reality seems NO, you'd get wreckt by the police physically then get obstruction and assault on officer. Seems reasonable to me for a bystander to tackle that guy killing the black man to help him breath aka save his life. If not, I'd probably have PTSD knowing I stood there did nothing.

In theory yes. Depending on circumstance, it could be obstruction. Without knowing more about what led up to the circumstances, I can't give you more than theory. If the guy had just murdered someone, not reacted to a taser, and was deemed extremely dangerous even while cuffed, choking him out could be considered a justified use of force. So if the guy wasn't a real and present danger, then tackling the cop to save the guy's life would probably be covered. There'd be some court time, and probably detention time, but "good Samaritan" guidelines could apply.

This is why I want more information. What I see doesn't allow for straight up answers to that question. The level of backup the officers have is pretty high as well. Tackling one officer doesn't seem like it'd accomplish much.

I don't know. I still want to know if that's a shell casing next to the guy or not.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on May 26 2020 10:26am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 26 2020 10:33am
Responded to the scene based on reports of a forgery in process.

No weapons drawn, good. Excessive holds used to make an arrest for a non violent crime where the person is on camera saying they cant breath, bad bad bad.

the "lets wait for the facts" people are going to have a hard time even finding info that will justify this. much like Garner, which saw no real punishment even though a banned choke hold was used.

"dont commit crimes then" will be the snarky outcome after there are no charges, imo.
Gold: 8,933.00
May 26 2020 10:36am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 26 2020 11:00am)
Have any facts come about about what led up to this?

Something about a forgery, yeah, who cares. But then a "physical resistance". What was it? Is that oddly bullet-shaped thing near the guy a shell casing?

I just don't know anything about the case. And every article I can find basically says nothing whatsoever that can not be determined by the video, with exception of a forgery call, and a vaguely worded "physical resistance".

More info please.

Pretty clearly appeared to have been choked out. Not usually a good thing. But again, not enough info to really know anything. For all I know, he'd just shot a cop in the face. The video doesn't show anything prior to the officer with their knee on his neck.

https://www.fox9.com/news/please-please-i-cant-breathe-man-dies-after-being-detained-by-minneapolis-police-fbi-investigating
May 26 2020 10:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 26 2020 09:33am)
the "lets wait for the facts" people are going to have a hard time even finding info that will justify this.

I do my best to seek out facts, or request them, when I can. Went diving into the other thread. According to the police department, body cams were on. Whatever that oddly-bullet shaped thing is near him probably isn't a bullet.

No weapons were drawn or used by the suspect (victim?) or police. Suspect in forgery case was asked to exit his vehicle and did, then physically resisted. Was cuffed, then choked out as seen on facebook. No officers were harmed.

So, the last question is, what sort of physical resisting did he do that would justify not only putting their weight on his neck to subdue him, but keeping it there long after he passed out?

This one, from the video and the information the department themselves have released, would indicate a 97% likelihood of a clear-cut case of police brutality.

Quote (Santara @ May 26 2020 09:36am)

Mmm... This one is far more helpful:

https://www.insidempd.com/2020/05/26/man-dies-after-medical-incident-during-police-interaction/

Just had to go see what there was in the news thread.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on May 26 2020 10:43am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 26 2020 10:46am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 26 2020 11:40am)
I do my best to seek out facts, or request them, when I can. Went diving into the other thread. According to the police department, body cams were on. Whatever that oddly-bullet shaped thing is near him probably isn't a bullet.

No weapons were drawn or used by the suspect (victim?) or police. Suspect in forgery case was asked to exit his vehicle and did, then physically resisted. Was cuffed, then choked out as seen on facebook. No officers were harmed.

So, the last question is, what sort of physical resisting did he do that would justify not only putting their weight on his neck to subdue him, but keeping it there long after he passed out?

This one, from the video and the information the department themselves have released, would indicate a 97% likelihood of a clear-cut case of police brutality.

from a legal standpoint nothing short of drawing a deadly weapon or reaching for a deadly weapon.

cops hold people down like that, that are physically resisting, because they're lazy, or to intimidate the person into holding dead still even though it's not required.

the only reason to do this, that is completely stop any movement by a perp, is if a deadly weapon is in play. otherwise, its just thugery from shitty cops. if you lay down completely peacefully, but then a cop climbs on your back and pinches your legs down if you squirm involuntarily it's "resisting arrest". much like disorderly conduct it's a poorly defined band aid for justifying damage to people being arrested or to run up charges.
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2020 10:47am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 26 2020 11:40am)

Mmm... This one is far more helpful:

https://www.insidempd.com/2020/05/26/man-dies-after-medical-incident-during-police-interaction/

Just had to go see what there was in the news thread.

Yeah, that link doesn't mention any of the facts that were reflected in the published video, but it did state that no weapons were used by any party, so if that were a shell casing, it was probably independent of the events at hand.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll