d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Is It Just Me
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 38,198.00
Jun 1 2020 09:21pm
I don't bother posting on the Blizzard forums anymore. I got called toxic because I said some skill lacking casual can spend hundreds of dollars on a character and If I'm good enough at the game I have the potential to beat them with a crappy mf sorc because of how good the itemization is. A few others said I was an RMTer because I enjoy free trading. You can't reason with these degenerates.

These casuals don't even realize that they're worse than the "elitists". They want a beloved franchise to cater to them and only them. They want to put in 45 minutes a week into a game and then instantly be at the big table with people who are at the top.

You know what the really fucked up part is? They tell me to go back to Diablo 2 if I hated Diablo 3 so much and that's okay, but if (by some astronomical miracle) Diablo 4 turns out to be as deep as Diablo 2 and I tell them to go back to D3, they'll call me toxic.
Gold: 800.50
Warn: 10%
Jun 21 2020 11:57pm
THIS GUY IS LITERALLY AN IDIOT YOU CAN TELL IM NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT HIS OPINION. LOL!!!!!!!
Gold: 5,808.00
Jun 26 2020 01:27pm
People against trading in games can't be swayed anymore than people against bots can be. It is what it is. The arguments are almost always null and they generally contradict the will of the masses.

No one should be allowed to trade because its more fun to play and grow by yourself. Sure if you have next to limitless hours to slowly build up over time or if you enjoy grinding, great. It's no more than an opinion and mine is that I'd rather play the meat of the game then spend 40 hours getting to it when I've already played story mode several times. If I can spend $10 to get me out of 40 hours of boring ass play leading up to where all my other chars are, in a heartbeat I'll check the damn box. There's plenty of games out there already that don't let you do it so don't bitch about one franchise being different and allowing it. The Auction house was 90% of the reason I bought D3 in the first place and it paid for my reaper of souls expansion without me spending a dime. We all know damn well the only reason it got closed is someone made bank outside the AH on ebay and blizzard got offended.

Bots R Bad - Bots and by their nature, gold farmers, devalue my finds in 98% of arguments out there. What it translates to is someone else is making money and now I have to work harder to make money too, damn. Wait till you come across automatons in the workplace and realize that the only way you keep your job is to be less mindless and find a better way. Automatic processing when implemented correctly is way more efficient at menial labor tasks then any number of people could be and benefits the group as a whole. Don't be a piss ass just cause a robot has more brains than you. Better yourself/ get a niche/ quit bitchin and move on while everyone else's life is made easier by not having to do mindless running over and over in a videogame. Some people got other shit to do with their time outside of search the same content 70000 times for a single ring upgrade to have 3 more max dmg. If I can make $10/15/20 an hour doing something that affects reality around me and still come home to play a game enjoyably by paying some poor sucker in Venezuela his weeks paycheck in a purchase, shit best of luck to him and hope he enjoys it cause it's gonna go way farther there than a damn latte would for me.

All things considered and knowing full well it's just my opinion - I've played Diablo 3, a lot. Probably 600-700 hours easily. Unpopular opinion - I HAD FUN WITH IT, mostly in early seasons but I did play this last season after I checked out of d2 for the past season. It has it's perks, your first char takes a little effort but the following characters get slapped with a fatass weapon with gem of ease socketed and the whole process 1-70 takes no more time than grushing and levelling in D2 without having to rely on anyone for help. Skill tree progression is silly easy since everything swaps instantly and all your stats are auto assigned, paragon levels being resettable at any time. Having custom tailored items that drop specifically for your class is nice as it's a major speed bump as well. That all being said, after 70, all D3 is is a min-maxing game where you mindlessly grind the same rifts over and over only stopping to farm more rift keys between runs in lesser rifts. There's 0 skill till well into the 100's at this point with the gear that is easily found. Based on that alone, I'd go back to AH days in a heartbeat when if I wanted to build a custom char, I didn't have to rerun all the same shit 800 times on each character to farm class specifics that I could have bought with ease and building 1 good character took more time than 7 well equipped ones. D3's "single player" atmosphere doesn't really add any difficulty nor do I think it makes the game "more fun" just because you can't trade with others. It's a much more casual atmosphere and if you like D3 you probably are a bit more of a casual... and for any D3 player that reads this and wants to get defensive, before you get butthurt on that statement you should realize you shouldn't be upset. It's not an insult to enjoy a game that is simple for fun no matter how some hardcore gaming twat views it. Being casul is nice at the end of a long ass workday or whenever you want to burn a couple braincells having fun.

Didn't expect to say all that when i first hit reply all.... meh
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Jun 26 2020 01:52pm
I'm over here just hoping they don't do what you guys want.

Keep the crybaby threads going.

:rolleyes:

This post was edited by D_urRRR on Jun 26 2020 01:52pm
Gold: 3.00
Jun 28 2020 06:48am
Quote (lelkek @ May 26 2020 05:44am)
Or should people like this just stick to their single player games and quit trying to make everyone conform to how casual they are?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d4-trading-why-it-needs-to-be-limited-or-not-at-all/7918

there could be 2 ladder, just like in WoW (pvp pve)
one where you can open trade, one where you cannot trade/give any item to anyone
Gold: 14,075.84
Jun 29 2020 08:53am
Interacting with people on those forums is almost as bad as interacting with redditors

This post was edited by Kalandra on Jun 29 2020 08:54am
Gold: 6,586.00
Jun 29 2020 10:45am
Please avoid posting my topics from another forum
Gold: Locked
Jun 29 2020 02:44pm
Quote (attila @ Jun 29 2020 12:45pm)
Please avoid posting my topics from another forum

:)
Gold: 8,013.34
Jun 29 2020 08:38pm
Big Gaming company is not serving the needs of players anymore, players serve the needs of big gaming company. Players are becoming less and less important since today players will buy bad product anyway, just for the sake of buying. Games are less and less trying to get connected to players on more dimension or levels, just parts are taken and hole game is revolving around one part of gaming experience were there could be more parts involved.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Jun 29 2020 08:45pm
Gold: 35.00
Jun 30 2020 01:35pm
Are they making a diablo 4 soon?
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll